IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections Platform is now in read-only mode and content is only available for viewing. No new wiki pages, posts, or messages may be added. Please see our FAQ for more information. The developerWorks Connections platform will officially shut down on March 31, 2020 and content will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ. (Read in Japanese.)
Topic
  • 23 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-08-14T22:17:25Z by robhotch
TPChapman
TPChapman
4 Posts

Pinned topic Cannot Add User

‏2018-04-19T18:53:06Z |

When trying to add a user as a license user and/or subscription admin, I get the following message:

The user states this email address is a current IBMuserid and I have confirmed my id is the admin.

• Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cannot Add User

‏2018-04-24T21:21:52Z  

Hi Terry,
    We got Michael added to your instance today - so he has verified access and we should be okay there now.

If you have issues adding other users please let me know.

Thanks.

• Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts

‏2018-04-19T19:32:28Z  

Hello Terry,

The attached screenshot is extremely small and low resolution - I do not see any detail in there about what happened when you tried to add the other user to your instance.  Can you try again, or maybe type the text that you see when this fails? 

I would like to identify the problem and solve it for you.

Thanks.

• TPChapman
    TPChapman
    4 Posts

‏2018-04-19T19:50:04Z  

Hello Terry,

The attached screenshot is extremely small and low resolution - I do not see any detail in there about what happened when you tried to add the other user to your instance.  Can you try again, or maybe type the text that you see when this fails? 

I would like to identify the problem and solve it for you.

Thanks.

I'm not sure why it came out to small.  But, here is the text:

Error adding user <removed> to 'IBM Spectrum Control Storage Insights Foundation' subscription.  Reason:  Unauthorized.  Authentication failed for the request due to missing or incorrect credentials.

Thanks.

Updated on 2018-07-19T16:09:45Z at 2018-07-19T16:09:45Z by Tony Narduzzi
  • Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts

‏2018-04-19T21:20:58Z  

Thank you for the response, Terry.

I investigated this and received the following message when I tried to add Michael's ID to the instance as a test:  "<removed> doesn't exist as a user"

The likely explanation here is that the user ID is case sensitive and that is why I cannot locate it.  I tried capitalizing the W and did not see that same error message.  So perhaps you can try to add him by capitalizing the W and let me know if that works or not. 

Thanks.

Updated on 2018-07-19T16:10:48Z at 2018-07-19T16:10:48Z by Tony Narduzzi
  • TPChapman
    TPChapman
    4 Posts

‏2018-04-20T13:07:31Z  

Thank you for the response, Terry.

I investigated this and received the following message when I tried to add Michael's ID to the instance as a test:  "<removed> doesn't exist as a user"

The likely explanation here is that the user ID is case sensitive and that is why I cannot locate it.  I tried capitalizing the W and did not see that same error message.  So perhaps you can try to add him by capitalizing the W and let me know if that works or not. 

Thanks.

I tried Michael_Woody@gwinnett.k12.ga.us and michael_woody@gwinnett.k12.ga.us and received the following:

Updated on 2018-07-19T16:11:33Z at 2018-07-19T16:11:33Z by Tony Narduzzi
  • Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts

‏2018-04-24T21:21:52Z  

Hi Terry,
    We got Michael added to your instance today - so he has verified access and we should be okay there now.

Thanks.

• TPChapman
    TPChapman
    4 Posts

‏2018-04-26T15:16:07Z  

Hi Terry,

Thanks.

Thanks for the help.  Woody got everything set up yesterday and it all looks great.

• Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts

‏2018-04-26T15:31:03Z  
    • TPChapman
    • ‏2018-04-26T15:16:07Z

Thanks for the help.  Woody got everything set up yesterday and it all looks great.

Sounds great.  Thanks for following up to confirm.

• mroy_04
    mroy_04
    2 Posts

‏2018-04-30T07:36:50Z  

Hi IBM

We are having the same problem here.

Rahman is an Insights Spectrum Subscriber but is not able to login with his ID: <removed>

Attached is the snap on DOC.

Updated on 2018-07-19T16:12:17Z at 2018-07-19T16:12:17Z by Tony Narduzzi
  • Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts

‏2018-04-30T14:24:42Z  

Hello Mohan,

I am working to resolve this issue with your account.  Thanks.

• Art_C
    Art_C
    1 Post

‏2018-05-18T18:07:33Z  

I am also having problems adding a user.

Error adding user '<removed id>' to 'IBM Spectrum Control Storage Insights Foundation' subscription. Reason: Unauthorized. Authentication failed for the request due to missing or incorrect credentials.

I have verified their IBM ID is active and working.

Thanks

• Maciej Michno
    Maciej Michno
    1 Post

‏2018-06-08T14:44:39Z  
    • Art_C
    • ‏2018-05-18T18:07:33Z

I am also having problems adding a user.

Error adding user '<removed id>' to 'IBM Spectrum Control Storage Insights Foundation' subscription. Reason: Unauthorized. Authentication failed for the request due to missing or incorrect credentials.

I have verified their IBM ID is active and working.

Thanks

Hi,

I have the same problem with adding a user.

Screen with error in polish in attachment.

Please help.

• robhotch
    robhotch
    4 Posts

‏2018-06-08T16:59:17Z  

Hi,

Please help.

Maciej,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will investigate.

Can you please email me at "robhotch@us.ibm.com" and include your IBMid username/email address and the IBMid of the person who are trying to add?

Thank you,

Robert Hotchkiss

robhotch@us.ibm.com

• Georg-Markus
    Georg-Markus
    3 Posts

‏2018-06-21T06:19:31Z  

Hi,

same problem here.

And we didn't get a response when we wrote an email to 'support@ibmserviceengage.com'.

Thanks!

• Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts

‏2018-06-21T20:09:19Z  

Hi,

same problem here.

And we didn't get a response when we wrote an email to 'support@ibmserviceengage.com'.

Thanks!

Hello Georg-Markus,

Can you please provide some detail about which instance this is?  I am not finding your name when I search.  Also, when did you send the email to support@ibmserviceengage.com?  I am not sure that my team received that. 

If you would like to contact me directly, my email is narduzzi@us.ibm.com

Thanks.

• DavidClemmons
    DavidClemmons
    2 Posts

‏2018-06-26T21:56:37Z  

Hi,

Please help.

I am also having problems adding a user.  I get the following message: Error adding user 'terry.rowe@infirmaryhealth.org' to 'IBM Storage Insights' subscription. Reason: Unauthorized. Authentication failed for the request due to missing or incorrect credentials.

• DavidClemmons
    DavidClemmons
    2 Posts

‏2018-06-26T21:59:01Z  

I am also having problems adding a user.  I get the following message: Error adding user 'terry.rowe@infirmaryhealth.org' to 'IBM Storage Insights' subscription. Reason: Unauthorized. Authentication failed for the request due to missing or incorrect credentials.

• robhotch
    robhotch
    4 Posts

‏2018-06-26T23:50:56Z  

Hi David,

Can you send me the following details via email to robhotch@us.ibm.com

BSS Subscription ID

For each user to add:

IBMid Name

IBMid Email

Role: User or Admin

(often IBMId Name is the same as IBMid Email)

Thanks,
    Robert

• Georg-Markus
    Georg-Markus
    3 Posts

‏2018-06-28T07:17:41Z  

Hello Georg-Markus,

Can you please provide some detail about which instance this is?  I am not finding your name when I search.  Also, when did you send the email to support@ibmserviceengage.com?  I am not sure that my team received that. 

If you would like to contact me directly, my email is narduzzi@us.ibm.com

Thanks.

Hello Tony,

i wrote you a mail with the informations you asked for. i'm looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks!

• Robin_Badart
    Robin_Badart
    7 Posts

‏2018-06-28T17:04:15Z  

Hello Tony,

i wrote you a mail with the informations you asked for. i'm looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks!

Hello - I am replying on behalf of Tony Narduzzi. It appears that this issue is resolved, and the user has been added. Is there any other assistance needed?

• Georg-Markus
    Georg-Markus
    3 Posts

‏2018-07-04T08:40:47Z  

Hello - I am replying on behalf of Tony Narduzzi. It appears that this issue is resolved, and the user has been added. Is there any other assistance needed?

Hello Robin,

nothing changed, we still don't see the new user.

• pvanvarick
    pvanvarick
    1 Post

‏2018-07-11T14:54:02Z  

I too am having problems adding users from my enterprise to Storage Insights.

Error adding user '<removed>' to 'IBM Storage Insights' subscription. Reason: Unauthorized. Authentication failed for the request due to missing or incorrect credentials.

I am listed as the administrator on our newly created SI account, and have had problems adding users with IBM ids as character string (JoeUser) and as email addresses (Joe.User@myco.com).  I have seen a response in the thread that suggests the id might be case sensitive, but when I enter in mixed case, the id is converted to lower case?

It has been 30+ days since our storage Insights account was created - and I am just now getting it set up on a VM in our data center.  Have my privileges expired?

• Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts

‏2018-07-12T16:19:32Z  

I too am having problems adding users from my enterprise to Storage Insights.

Error adding user '<removed>' to 'IBM Storage Insights' subscription. Reason: Unauthorized. Authentication failed for the request due to missing or incorrect credentials.

I am listed as the administrator on our newly created SI account, and have had problems adding users with IBM ids as character string (JoeUser) and as email addresses (Joe.User@myco.com).  I have seen a response in the thread that suggests the id might be case sensitive, but when I enter in mixed case, the id is converted to lower case?

It has been 30+ days since our storage Insights account was created - and I am just now getting it set up on a VM in our data center.  Have my privileges expired?

Hello,

Your Storage Insights instance is up and there are no problems with it.  Your user ID appears to be all lower case and is the older style of IBM ID which is not of the "email address" format that the newer ones are.  This is not a problem, just an observation.

The issue with adding users is a known issue that unfortunately is still not resolved. I can add users for you though as a workaround in the mean time.

Please submit a support case to www.ibm.com/mysupport and I will be glad to add your users.

Thanks.

• robhotch
    robhotch
    4 Posts

‏2018-08-14T22:17:25Z  

Hi,

Our Marketplace team implemented a fix for the "Add User" problem a few weeks ago, so Storage Insights Subscription Owners should now be able to add users to Storage Insights.

If you are still experiencing this problem, please enter an IBM Support Case against Storage Insights.