Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-30T02:01:54Z by JirongHu
JirongHu
JirongHu
687 Posts

Pinned topic How to find the source of a rebase?

‏2013-08-28T19:09:02Z |

I found such a rebase activity in the integration stream. Normally it contains only the deliver activities from the child streams (belong to developers). I want to know where does this rebase activity come from? Rebased this stream to where/which baseline?

M:\ccadm01_JAWC_R3.1>cleartool desc -l activity:rebase.JAWC_R3.1.20130725.061313@\Java_PVOB
activity "rebase.JAWC_R3.1.20130725.061313"
  created 2013-07-25T06:13:13-04:00 by Mitra (C997400.CCUsers@CCCMSRVP01)
  "Integration activity created by rebase on 7/25/2013 6:13:13 AM.
   "
  owner: HBC\C997400
  group: HBC\CCUsers
  stream: JAWC_R3.1@\Java_PVOB
  title: rebase JAWC_R3.1 on 7/25/2013 6:13:13 AM.
  change set versions:
    M:\ccadm01_JAWC_R3.1\Java_AVOB\JAWC_wkspc\DataLoad\acp\common@@\main\JAWC_Main\JAWC_R3.1\4
  • Dave-Robinson
    Dave-Robinson
    116 Posts

Re: How to find the source of a rebase?

‏2013-08-30T00:52:16Z  

There is no "nice" interface that tells you the details of the rebase in terms of baselines

("cleartool lsactivity -contrib" tells you which activities were are in the "diff" of the old baselines to the new baselines)

The information is available as a "process variable" attached to the activity

ucmutil lspvar -pvar UCM_REBASE activity:rebase.JAWC_R3.1.20130725.061313@\Java_PVOB

but that won't give it in a "readable" format.

I have some Perl code that does some reformatting of this process variable. I'll see about finding some time to develop this and post it somewhere,  but you could make an RFE for the same.

For instance

-------------------------------------------------

Current ClearCase behaviour:

lsactivity -contrib activity-selector ...

shows the activities contributing to a rebase or a  "deliver from stream" activity

shows the baseline contributing to a "deliver baselines" activity

Proposed ClearCase behaviour:

lsactivity -contrib [-activities] [-baselines] activity-selector ...

(default to current behaviour)

-activities

shows the activities contributing to a rebase / deliver activity

-baselines

shows the baselines contributing to a rebase / deliver activity

• JirongHu
    JirongHu
    687 Posts

Re: How to find the source of a rebase?

‏2013-08-30T02:01:54Z  

There is no "nice" interface that tells you the details of the rebase in terms of baselines

("cleartool lsactivity -contrib" tells you which activities were are in the "diff" of the old baselines to the new baselines)

The information is available as a "process variable" attached to the activity

ucmutil lspvar -pvar UCM_REBASE activity:rebase.JAWC_R3.1.20130725.061313@\Java_PVOB

but that won't give it in a "readable" format.

I have some Perl code that does some reformatting of this process variable. I'll see about finding some time to develop this and post it somewhere,  but you could make an RFE for the same.

For instance

-------------------------------------------------

Current ClearCase behaviour:

lsactivity -contrib activity-selector ...

shows the activities contributing to a rebase or a  "deliver from stream" activity

shows the baseline contributing to a "deliver baselines" activity

Proposed ClearCase behaviour:

lsactivity -contrib [-activities] [-baselines] activity-selector ...

(default to current behaviour)

-activities

shows the activities contributing to a rebase / deliver activity

-baselines

shows the baselines contributing to a rebase / deliver activity

Thanks, Dave. Later I figured I could look into browse component baseline to match the rebase activity.

Jirong