Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-01-03T20:01:32Z by JOSYS36
JOSYS36
JOSYS36
8 Posts

Pinned topic Issue with filter pools

‏2019-01-03T16:30:10Z | #filterpool

So I have a set of filter pools setup like a lot of us do, but I've ran into some weird behavior with them. 

1. I have a filter pool that no matter what I cannot keep deleted. If I close down RDi and restart, it will be there. I have deleted it now several times and it keeps coming back. 

2. My personal library filter pool has a set of the WW object in it. Like Work with libraries.... I have also deleted these, but each time I open back up RDi they keep coming back. 

Does anyone have any idea why these deletes are not sticking? Is there a preference you need to set somewhere?

Jason

• JOSYS36
    JOSYS36
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Issue with filter pools

‏2019-01-03T20:01:32Z  

OK so a little more on this topic. I found out that the default filter pool, mine is named,

HQOlson:com.ibm.etools.iseries.subsystems.qsys.objects

Cannot be renamed or deleted. Even if you delete it from the screen, in the background it's still there. The folder for holding the filters is,

C:\Users\Jason.Olson\IBM\rationalsdp\RDI\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.rse.core\profiles\PRF.hqolson_112

Where RDI is my workspace and PRF.hqolson_112 is my profile ID. 

If you look in that folder you'll see the filters are contained in folders, and in each folder there is a node.properties file. That file is the Filter definition. Also at the root of the profile folder there is a node.properties which outlines what all filters you have defined. It appears that filters that end in 0 (zero) can't be changed or messed with. Now I'm sure you could manually do so, but i'd sure backup my workspaces before you did that. 

Also to solve my problem number 2, I created  a new filter, moved what I wanted in it from my old filter, deleted the old filter, and then renamed the new one I created. Now when I close RDi or go back in it it has just my custom member or object filters in it. 

Jason

• JOSYS36
    JOSYS36
    8 Posts

Re: Issue with filter pools

‏2019-01-03T20:01:32Z  

OK so a little more on this topic. I found out that the default filter pool, mine is named,

HQOlson:com.ibm.etools.iseries.subsystems.qsys.objects

Cannot be renamed or deleted. Even if you delete it from the screen, in the background it's still there. The folder for holding the filters is,

C:\Users\Jason.Olson\IBM\rationalsdp\RDI\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.rse.core\profiles\PRF.hqolson_112

Where RDI is my workspace and PRF.hqolson_112 is my profile ID. 

If you look in that folder you'll see the filters are contained in folders, and in each folder there is a node.properties file. That file is the Filter definition. Also at the root of the profile folder there is a node.properties which outlines what all filters you have defined. It appears that filters that end in 0 (zero) can't be changed or messed with. Now I'm sure you could manually do so, but i'd sure backup my workspaces before you did that. 

Also to solve my problem number 2, I created  a new filter, moved what I wanted in it from my old filter, deleted the old filter, and then renamed the new one I created. Now when I close RDi or go back in it it has just my custom member or object filters in it. 

Jason