IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-11-05T06:36:10Z by KarinMoitzfeld
KarinMoitzfeld
KarinMoitzfeld
8 Posts

Pinned topic Is it possible to prevent AIX ERRPT log entries when monitorcommand fails

‏2014-05-21T08:22:05Z |

Hi forum,

we had a problem in our aix environment and therefore all monitorskripts from TSA couldn't run. This is reported in the aix errpt. The message is the following:

-----------------------------------------------------

LABEL:          GBLRESRM_MONITOR_FA
IDENTIFIER:     9701ED26

Resource Name:   GblResRM

Description
IBM.Application could not run the monitor command.

Probable Causes
The Resource Manager could not run the monitor command because
it is not accessible or has insufficient permissions.

DETECTING MODULE
RSCT,Application.C,1.92.3.155,5323

Resource name

---------------------------------------

This messages of the aix errpt are all forwarded to our Event Console (BPPM).  The Event Console was nearly crashing about this massive messages. Now we want to prevent that this message would be forwarded to the Event Console.

Has anybody experiences in changing the reporting to the aix errpt? Or any idea, how to deal with such a situation?

Many thanks,

Karin

• sedgewick_de
    sedgewick_de
    36 Posts

Re: Is it possible to prevent AIX ERRPT log entries when monitorcommand fails

‏2014-06-03T08:48:56Z  

Hi Karin,

I haven't found any information about suppressing errlog messages in AIX so far. Furthermore I don't know how the errlog messages are forwarded to the BPPM Event Console. I would expect that this event forwarding component would offer an event filtering mechanism. According to the BMC Patrol Agent documentation this event forwarding is typically implemented either with a cron job executing errpt regularly or with errpt in concurrent mode - see https://communities.bmc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/10938-102-1-19502/Monitoring%20errpt%20error%20in%20AIX%20with%20BPM.pdf. Assuming that your installation is similar, you can use the -k flag for errpt to exclude specific messages like the one above from forwarding.

Kind regards,

Markus

• weiren
    weiren
    1 Post

‏2015-11-04T00:05:07Z  

Hi,

Do you recall what AIX problem that triggered this GBLRESRM_MONITOR_FA error event?

Thanks.

Weiren

• KarinMoitzfeld
    KarinMoitzfeld
    8 Posts

‏2015-11-05T06:36:10Z  
    • weiren
    • ‏2015-11-04T00:05:07Z

Hi,

Do you recall what AIX problem that triggered this GBLRESRM_MONITOR_FA error event?

Thanks.

Weiren

Hi,

oh it's some time ago, but I think there was a Hardware problem. (device box?)

Best regards

Karin