Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-04T17:36:45Z by angamkiatsap
aphilllips
aphilllips
21 Posts

Pinned topic BIRT Reporting

‏2013-09-03T20:04:43Z |

I realize this is not a platform question, but it doesn't fit in any of the other forums.  Has anyone successfully added logos to a TRIRIGA BIRT report?  If so, what are the steps?

• MelanieAntonio
    MelanieAntonio
    14 Posts

Re: BIRT Reporting

‏2013-09-03T21:52:29Z  
    • Drag an Image item from the palette into the left-most cell of your grid.
    • The Image Builder dialog appears.
    • Ensure that the URL radio button is selected.
    • Enter the following URL: "http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/tutorial/basic/multichip-4.jpg". (don�t forget to add the quotes.)
    • Click the Preview button to ensure that the URL is correct.
    • Click Insert to add the image to your report.

You can also embed an image from your local disk. Embedding the image copies the image into the report design. Using a URL is more efficient.

BIRT Tutorial
    Retrieved from
    http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/tutorial/basic/basic12.php

• aphilllips
    aphilllips
    21 Posts

‏2013-09-03T22:24:35Z  
    • Drag an Image item from the palette into the left-most cell of your grid.
    • The Image Builder dialog appears.
    • Ensure that the URL radio button is selected.
    • Enter the following URL: "http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/tutorial/basic/multichip-4.jpg". (don�t forget to add the quotes.)
    • Click the Preview button to ensure that the URL is correct.
    • Click Insert to add the image to your report.

You can also embed an image from your local disk. Embedding the image copies the image into the report design. Using a URL is more efficient.

BIRT Tutorial
    Retrieved from
    http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/tutorial/basic/basic12.php

So, I shouldn't use the CONTENT object that is in the TRIRIGALibrary.rptlibrary file?

• angamkiatsap
    angamkiatsap
    10 Posts

‏2013-09-04T16:36:25Z  

So, I shouldn't use the CONTENT object that is in the TRIRIGALibrary.rptlibrary file?

If you are planning to use TRIRIGALibrary.rptlibrary in your BIRT report, you can change the image logo within TRIRIGA, please following the steps below:

1. Go to Tools >  Document Manager

2. Click on TRIRIGA, you will see "COMPANY_LOGO" on the right-hand panel.

3. Check out the "COMPANY_LOGO" document.

4. Check in the new logo (your logo) to "COMPANY_LOGO" document.

Run BIRT Report, and now all your BIRT report which reference the TRIRIGALibrary.rptlibrary will show the new logo. If you still don't see the logo, please clear cache and give it another try.

• aphilllips
    aphilllips
    21 Posts

‏2013-09-04T17:10:14Z  

If you are planning to use TRIRIGALibrary.rptlibrary in your BIRT report, you can change the image logo within TRIRIGA, please following the steps below:

1. Go to Tools >  Document Manager

2. Click on TRIRIGA, you will see "COMPANY_LOGO" on the right-hand panel.

3. Check out the "COMPANY_LOGO" document.

4. Check in the new logo (your logo) to "COMPANY_LOGO" document.

Run BIRT Report, and now all your BIRT report which reference the TRIRIGALibrary.rptlibrary will show the new logo. If you still don't see the logo, please clear cache and give it another try.

Thanks.  I understand the Document Manager part of the logo that is how it has always worked with Crystal Reports.  The part that is not clear is what do I need to do in BIRT to get the logo out of Document Manager and onto the report. 

Method 1: In Crystal another datasource was used with a SQL select statement to select the companylogo. 

Method2: In the Report User's Guide under the BIRT section, a function is listed getCompanyLogoId(). I'm not sure how to use this in the BIRT.

Which method has yields the best performance??  How do you use Method 2?

• angamkiatsap
    angamkiatsap
    10 Posts

‏2013-09-04T17:36:45Z  

Thanks.  I understand the Document Manager part of the logo that is how it has always worked with Crystal Reports.  The part that is not clear is what do I need to do in BIRT to get the logo out of Document Manager and onto the report. 

Method 1: In Crystal another datasource was used with a SQL select statement to select the companylogo. 

Method2: In the Report User's Guide under the BIRT section, a function is listed getCompanyLogoId(). I'm not sure how to use this in the BIRT.

Which method has yields the best performance??  How do you use Method 2?

If you download the TRIRIGALibrary.rptlibrary from TRIRIGA and open it in Eclipse BIRT, under Data Sets in Data Explorer, you will see "CompanyLogo" data set. Within that data set, we have a sql script to get the CONTENT_ID as a parameter (below is the script).

"SELECT CONTENT
      FROM DM_CONTENT
      WHERE CONTENT_ID = ?"

This is where we use the  getCompanyLogoId() function, on Parameters tab of that data set, you will see a parameter name "CompanyLogoID" as a decimal to have a default value using "TRIRIGA.getCompanyLogoId()".

Hope this helps :)