• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-22T13:22:40Z by HermannSW
AsimLa
AsimLa
2 Posts

Pinned topic sending request to Multiple destinations

‏2013-04-21T15:48:46Z |

Hello There,

I have a working xml firewall service, the request is sent to single destination, here is the flow of client to server request. What are my option of changing the following so that i can send request to multiple destinations, and how? thanks

... transform action ->  transform action -> transform action -> result action

• HermannSW
    HermannSW
    5921 Posts

Re: sending request to Multiple destinations

‏2013-04-22T06:44:34Z  

Hi,

unfortunately it seems that Forum migration is not complete -- search indices for old forum postings seem to be underway.

Searching eg. for "multiple" returns only postings form the last several days.

I just googled for "datapower developerworks multiple results" to find some relevant postings:

These are relevant InfoCenter pages:

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>

Updated on 2013-04-22T06:53:58Z at 2013-04-22T06:53:58Z by HermannSW
  • SurendrakumarJebakani
    29 Posts

‏2014-01-22T05:46:48Z  
    • HermannSW
    • ‏2013-04-22T06:44:34Z

Hi,

unfortunately it seems that Forum migration is not complete -- search indices for old forum postings seem to be underway.

Searching eg. for "multiple" returns only postings form the last several days.

I just googled for "datapower developerworks multiple results" to find some relevant postings:

These are relevant InfoCenter pages:

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>

Hi Hermann,

How can I use dp:url-open to send the message to multiple queues (MQ destinationList)? I understand that the dp:url-open is single network connection. But, my requirement is to send the message with custom MQRFH2 header, so I needed to use dp:url-open. Now I would like to see how can I send the message to multiple queues using dp:url-open. Do i have to define multiple dp:url-open, one per output queue? Could you please share some information on this? Thank you very much

<dp:url-open target="dpmq://ESBMQAppGroup/?RequestQueue=DP.SEND" response="responsecode-ignore" http-headers="$headers">

Thanks

SJ

• SurendrakumarJebakani
    29 Posts

‏2014-01-22T06:05:48Z  

Hi Hermann,

How can I use dp:url-open to send the message to multiple queues (MQ destinationList)? I understand that the dp:url-open is single network connection. But, my requirement is to send the message with custom MQRFH2 header, so I needed to use dp:url-open. Now I would like to see how can I send the message to multiple queues using dp:url-open. Do i have to define multiple dp:url-open, one per output queue? Could you please share some information on this? Thank you very much

<pre dir="ltr" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); word-wrap: break-word; white-space: pre-wrap;"><dp:url-open target="dpmq://ESBMQAppGroup/?RequestQueue=DP.SEND" response="responsecode-ignore" http-headers="$headers"> </pre>

Thanks

SJ

Hi Herman,

The multiple dp:url-open, one per output queue is working fine. I am just wondering if there is any better solution out there to send the message to multiple queues other than dp:url-open. Thanks you

SJ

• HermannSW
    HermannSW
    5921 Posts

‏2014-01-22T13:22:40Z  

Hi Herman,

The multiple dp:url-open, one per output queue is working fine. I am just wondering if there is any better solution out there to send the message to multiple queues other than dp:url-open. Thanks you

SJ

Hi,

MQ <dp:url-open> seems not to support multiple targets (I do not use MQ much):
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wsdatap/v5r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.dp.xi.doc%2Fextensionfunctions39.htm

As said above Results action allows to send to multiple targets.

So you can just use the <dp:url-open> to go against a chained service (on same or different box) and use Results action with multiple targets in that service.

There is nothing wrong with using chained services, they just add a little latency. Just be aware of this technote on having to disable persistent connections if chained service resides in same box:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21417934

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/> <myFrameless/> <GraphvizFiddle/> <xqib/>