Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-04-19T13:57:33Z by John_Taylor
John_Taylor
John_Taylor
3 Posts

Pinned topic RSEF1002 File system input or output error

‏2019-03-03T21:29:40Z |

Version 9.6.0.5 frequently fails on saving a member with error RSEF1002. The message details are "Message reported from file system: Read timed out". The only option at this point is to disconnect from the server and reconnect within RSE. There is no actual loss of connectivity to the server that triggers this. All other connections outside of RDi remain stable.

• SFerrell
    SFerrell
    9 Posts

Re: RSEF1002 File system input or output error

‏2019-03-07T11:32:24Z  

Hi John, the only time I see RSEF1002 is when I put my laptop to sleep and forget to mark the server offline.

Are you seeing it more frequently than this? We do have an internal defect to correct this behavior, but if you were able to open an PMR with IBM support you would be able to track the progress.

• John_Taylor
    John_Taylor
    3 Posts

Re: RSEF1002 File system input or output error

‏2019-04-19T13:57:33Z  
    • SFerrell
    • ‏2019-03-07T11:32:24Z

Hi John, the only time I see RSEF1002 is when I put my laptop to sleep and forget to mark the server offline.

Are you seeing it more frequently than this? We do have an internal defect to correct this behavior, but if you were able to open an PMR with IBM support you would be able to track the progress.

Sorry for the late reply. I don't work with RDi daily anymore.

What I've observed since the original message is that it seems to have something to do with Azure. I have a virtual "dev machine" on local hardware, and another one in an Azure VM. Both running the same version of Windows and RDI; both connecting to the same servers via the same VPN connections. The server side VPN's are either built in Microsoft RAS SSTP VPN, or Palo Alto GlobalProtect.  I never have a problem with the local VM. It's only the Azure VM that is affected. RDi seems to be particularly sensitive to whatever is happening on the Azure networking. No other applications (including IBM 5250 Telnet, Ops Nav etc) lose connection. It is only RDi that does. 

I appreciate that I will likely need to open a PMR if I wish to take this further. I am just updating this thread so that it might possibly be useful to someone else in the future.