Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-06-13T06:44:17Z by tlieser
abrentnall
abrentnall
3 Posts

Pinned topic Clicking on the Stored Procedures produces an Error

‏2019-06-12T01:00:46Z |

When I click on stored procedures in Data Studios 4.1.3 I get a java.lang.SringIndexOurOfBoundsException error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have upgraded my java to the latest version. I still get this message making Data Studios near useless. I have used a version of Data Studios for several years without any issues until today.

The only thing saving me is I can open the stored procedures in notepad and run them in Client Solutions. However this is not a long term solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Adam

• tlieser
    tlieser
    17 Posts

Re: Clicking on the Stored Procedures produces an Error

‏2019-06-12T09:24:37Z  

This looks a bit strange.

How did you create that "StoredProcedure".

The normal process is to right click on the folder "Stored Procedures" in the tree and chose "New->Storedprocedure" -- your "Working File" doesn't look like it was created that way.

Datastudio generates the "tree structures" from the files you have created -- don't create a file "outside" the tree structure or modify it "outside" Datastudio.

• abrentnall
    abrentnall
    3 Posts

‏2019-06-12T12:28:35Z  

Everything in all the projects shown were created in Data Studios. I made a complete copy of the folders to open in notepad since I had to get a project out the door. This is happening in all the projects shown.  

Clicking on any "Stored Procedure" folder in any project gives the out of bounds errors. 

• abrentnall
    abrentnall
    3 Posts

‏2019-06-12T12:53:45Z  

If I remove the attached stored procedure from the development project then all the stored procedure folders worked as expected. Adding this file back into the project causes the error no matter what stored procedure folder I click on in any project.

Updated on 2019-06-12T13:26:57Z at 2019-06-12T13:26:57Z by abrentnall
  • tlieser
    tlieser
    17 Posts

‏2019-06-13T06:44:17Z  

If I remove the attached stored procedure from the development project then all the stored procedure folders worked as expected. Adding this file back into the project causes the error no matter what stored procedure folder I click on in any project.

I've had some strange effects over time -- so you could try to start from scratch with that one, maybe you'll find out what is wrong that way (at least that is what I did in certain cases).

You might even have some characters in the STP that cause a problem (though we only had this with BMC tools on the mainframe so far).

Do you have the syntax check option enabled? (I switched that off because it makes typing a nuisance the way it is handled in DS).

Sorry I can't help you any further.