• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-11T22:02:49Z by wernerK
wernerK
wernerK
34 Posts

Pinned topic pre-iterate DOORS module

‏2013-12-09T22:28:00Z |

Hello all -

we are using RPE 1.2.0.1 and wanting to pre-iterate DOORS modules to inject/set data to an array, or other, data structure to keep information about the objects and use that on runtime, i.e. when the module is processed for "real".

The more elaborate problem is:  "... enable and make it  possible to pass arrays (or other composed data structures) between java scripts within a RPE template.

It is said that this is not possible in the current version RPE 1.2.0.1 but the next version [RPE 1.2.1 ?] would allow that - I checked at the IBM site what APARs have been implemented but it does not state that this capability/improvement has been implemented.

A typical use case is to allow users to preset / configure DOORS data with attributes and the abovementioned data structure would allow to store this information and then conditionally branch upon finding these attribute values when the module is processed for "real".

My questions would be:

A -  has it been implemented - i.e. are there users out there who have the latest version [RPE 1.2.1?] and have found that this [ the describe elaborated problem]  is now possible to do?

B - has anybody successfully implemeted that in an earlier version of RPE - i.e. RPE 1.2.0.1 - with a workaround they could share - or describe

thank you very much in advance

werner

• Kumaraswamy M
    Kumaraswamy M
    350 Posts

Re: pre-iterate DOORS module

‏2013-12-10T05:37:58Z  

Hi Werner,

>>> B - has anybody successfully implemeted that in an earlier version of RPE - i.e. RPE 1.2.0.1 - with a workaround they could share - or describe

Javascript object are allowed to use in RPE since 1.2 release. Hence, it is supported in RPE 1.2.0.1 as well.

I created a simple template which stores DOORS object heading and text in a javascript Array during first iteration. In the next part, the javascript array is printed by iterating over it.

I'm not able to attach the template as I get "err.virus.detected:CLFRN0006E: Virus detected". I don't know how else to share the template. May be you could share your  email id and I'll pass on the template.

Note: The rich text formatting would be lost when javascript is used. The same is for images, OLE, etc.

>>> A -  has it been implemented - i.e. are there users out there who have the latest version [RPE 1.2.1?] and have found that this [ the describe elaborated problem]  is now possible to do?

Yes. See my above comment.

Thanks,

Kumar

• Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1654 Posts

‏2013-12-10T14:08:22Z  

Hi Werner,

>>> B - has anybody successfully implemeted that in an earlier version of RPE - i.e. RPE 1.2.0.1 - with a workaround they could share - or describe

Javascript object are allowed to use in RPE since 1.2 release. Hence, it is supported in RPE 1.2.0.1 as well.

I created a simple template which stores DOORS object heading and text in a javascript Array during first iteration. In the next part, the javascript array is printed by iterating over it.

I'm not able to attach the template as I get "err.virus.detected:CLFRN0006E: Virus detected". I don't know how else to share the template. May be you could share your  email id and I'll pass on the template.

Note: The rich text formatting would be lost when javascript is used. The same is for images, OLE, etc.

>>> A -  has it been implemented - i.e. are there users out there who have the latest version [RPE 1.2.1?] and have found that this [ the describe elaborated problem]  is now possible to do?

Yes. See my above comment.

Thanks,

Kumar

+1 on Kumar's points.

One comment is that you can get the JavaScript to preserve formatting too ( minus images/OLEs).  With the "XHTML Input" box ticked you can have RPE storing the XHTML representation of  the heading instead of the plain text. Later on when you use it you need to tick the "XHTML Output" to have RPE process the output as rich text.

See template #4 from the "RPE Community Template Library"  ( I could not upload here either) The has run successfully with both 1.2.1 and 1.2.0.1

Regards,

Dragos

• wernerK
    wernerK
    34 Posts

‏2013-12-11T22:02:49Z  

Thank you all - now we can pre-iterate a DOORS module, great. Thanks for the template example, that helped a lot.

regards

Werner