IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections Platform is now in read-only mode and content is only available for viewing. No new wiki pages, posts, or messages may be added. Please see our FAQ for more information. The developerWorks Connections platform will officially shut down on March 31, 2020 and content will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ. (Read in Japanese.)
Topic
  • 26 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-04-16T09:25:43Z by bayliss
Neeraj_dxc
Neeraj_dxc
14 Posts

Pinned topic API deployment issue

‏2018-03-21T10:04:01Z | zos

While trying to deploy API using zOS connect EE toolkit (version 3.0.3), I am getting error 'An error was received for z/OS Connect EE connection "zOS_Server" (server ip): 500 Internal Server Error, BAQR7033E: Internal server error.API deployment problem'.Although I am getting the messages of successful deployment of zOS Service project but facing issue in deploying API.Below is the specific error log:

[3/12/18 12:05:05:476 GMT] 00001009 com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.async W SRVE8025E: An error or timeout occured while doing async servlet processing. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder (initialization failure) at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializationAlreadyFailed(J9VMInternals.java:96) at java.nio.file.FileSystems.getDefault(FileSystems.java:187) at java.io.File.toPath(File.java:2245) at com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.ApiManagerImpl.installNewApiPackage(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.ApiManagerImpl.installApiFromApiArchive(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.web.ServiceProxyServlet$22.run(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.async.ServiceWrapper.wrapAndRun(ServiceWrapper.java:202) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.async.ContextWrapper.run(ContextWrapper.java:28) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.async.WrapperRunnableImpl.run(WrapperRunnableImpl.java:89) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1160) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811) Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: default directory must be absolute at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystem.(UnixFileSystem.java:67) at sun.nio.fs.ZosFileSystem.(ZosFileSystem.java:26) at sun.nio.fs.ZosFileSystemProvider.newFileSystem(ZosFileSystemProvider.java:32) at sun.nio.fs.ZosFileSystemProvider.newFileSystem(ZosFileSystemProvider.java:19) at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:68) at sun.nio.fs.ZosFileSystemProvider.(ZosFileSystemProvider.java:22) at java.lang.J9VMInternals.newInstanceImpl(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:1762) at sun.nio.fs.DefaultFileSystemProvider.createProvider(DefaultFileSystemProvider.java:60) at sun.nio.fs.DefaultFileSystemProvider.create(DefaultFileSystemProvider.java:80) at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.getDefaultProvider(FileSystems.java:119) at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.access$000(FileSystems.java:100) at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder$1.run(FileSystems.java:109) at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder$1.run(FileSystems.java:107) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:638) at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.defaultFileSystem(FileSystems.java:107) at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.(FileSystems.java:101) at java.nio.file.FileSystems.getDefault(FileSystems.java:187) at java.io.File.toPath(File.java:2245)

• bayliss
    bayliss
    36 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: API deployment issue

‏2018-04-11T12:11:10Z  

Hi Sue,

We are using Top Secret from CA as security manager.

Hi Neeraj,

Thanks for the information. Since you are using Top Secret the following may be relevant.

The IBM z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition open beta Knowledge Center topic "Starting and stopping z/OS Connect EE" includes the following information:

"If you use a non-IBM®External Security Manager and receive a CHECK_PROC_OWNER error message when you start z/OS Connect EE as a started task, check that you have correctly defined the location where the server instances are stored. Define the location in the HOME parameter of the OMVS segment of the started task user ID."

I assume you are not receiving a  CHECK_PROC_OWNER error message when starting the server., but the information about setting the OMVS segment HOME value may still be relevant to your issue. It says that, the location where the server instances are stored should be specified in the HOME parameter of the OMVS segment of the started task userid. Your started task userid BAQSTRT currently specifies HOME = /var/zosconnect/servers/. But since you are using a customised WLP_USER_DIR environment variable value of /var/zosconnect/v3r0/, your server instances are stored in /var/zosconnect/v3r0 directory.

***UPDATE*** to correct HOME value below

Would you be able to try, updating the OMVS segment for BAQSTRT to set HOME = /var/zosconnect/v3r0

(I'm not sure if the final trailing slash is required). Then restart the server and retry deploying the API.

If this still does not work, can you check that Top Secret is not reporting any errors at the time the API deployment fails. If Top Secret does not report any errors, then please enable the <logging traceSpecification="zosConnect=all"/> trace and attach messages.log and trace.log.

Regards, Sue

Updated on 2018-04-13T15:19:15Z at 2018-04-13T15:19:15Z by bayliss
  • bayliss
    bayliss
    36 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2018-04-16T09:25:43Z  

Hi Sue,

We are now able to deploy API successfully. Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Neeraj

Hi Neeraj,

We are pleased to hear that you are now able to deploy API successfully. Thankyou for letting us know the problem is resolved.

Regards, Sue

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2018-03-21T13:07:55Z  

Hello Neeraj,

Please can you tell me whether this is the first time you have deployed this API, or whether you are updating an existing one?

Also, please can you tell me which version of the open beta you are using by pasting the BAQR0000 message from the messages.log file.

Best regards,

Alan.

Updated on 2018-03-21T13:09:37Z at 2018-03-21T13:09:37Z by Alan Hollingshead
  • Neeraj_dxc
    Neeraj_dxc
    14 Posts

‏2018-03-22T07:03:47Z  

Hello Neeraj,

Please can you tell me whether this is the first time you have deployed this API, or whether you are updating an existing one?

Also, please can you tell me which version of the open beta you are using by pasting the BAQR0000 message from the messages.log file.

Best regards,

Alan.

Hi Alan,

I am deploying the API for the first time. Regarding the version of open beta I am providing you two sub sections from the text of  message.log file. Please take a look at both of log statements for the correct version as I have very limited knowledge to identify the correct version.

********************************************************************************
    product = WebSphere Application Server 17.0.0.4, WAS FOR Z/OS 17.0.0.4, z/OS Connect open beta (wlp-1.0.19.201712061531)
    java.home = /usr/lpp/java/J8.0_64
    java.version = 1.8.0_151
    java.runtime = Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0.5.7 - pmz6480sr5fp7-20171216_01(SR5 FP7))
    os = z/OS (02.02.00; s390x) (en_US)
    process = 83886565@FSG2
    ********************************************************************************

[3/12/18 3:49:22:077 GMT] 0000002b com.ibm.zosconnect.product.Activator                         A BAQR0000I: z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition open beta (20180129-1742)

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2018-03-22T11:29:57Z  

Hi Alan,

I am deploying the API for the first time. Regarding the version of open beta I am providing you two sub sections from the text of  message.log file. Please take a look at both of log statements for the correct version as I have very limited knowledge to identify the correct version.

product = WebSphere Application Server 17.0.0.4, WAS FOR Z/OS 17.0.0.4, z/OS Connect open beta (wlp-1.0.19.201712061531)
    java.home = /usr/lpp/java/J8.0_64
    java.version = 1.8.0_151
    java.runtime = Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0.5.7 - pmz6480sr5fp7-20171216_01(SR5 FP7))
    os = z/OS (02.02.00; s390x) (en_US)
    process = 83886565@FSG2

[3/12/18 3:49:22:077 GMT] 0000002b com.ibm.zosconnect.product.Activator                         A BAQR0000I: z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition open beta (20180129-1742)

Hi Neeraj,

The stack trace shows "java.lang.RuntimeException: default directory must be absolute "
    Please can you ensure the permissions on the "apis" directory allow the user issuing the "Deploy API to z/OS Connect EE server" command "write" access.

This issue can occur if you did not use a template when creating your server, or if you specified a non-default location in your server.xml for the <zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs location="xxx"> element.

By default, the "apis" directory is under /var/zosconnect/servers/<your server>/resources/zosconnect/apis

Hope this resolves your problem.

Best regards,

Alan.

• Neeraj_dxc
    Neeraj_dxc
    14 Posts

‏2018-03-22T12:25:37Z  

Hi Neeraj,

The stack trace shows "java.lang.RuntimeException: default directory must be absolute "
    Please can you ensure the permissions on the "apis" directory allow the user issuing the "Deploy API to z/OS Connect EE server" command "write" access.

This issue can occur if you did not use a template when creating your server, or if you specified a non-default location in your server.xml for the <zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs location="xxx"> element.

By default, the "apis" directory is under /var/zosconnect/servers/<your server>/resources/zosconnect/apis

Hope this resolves your problem.

Best regards,

Alan.

Hi Alan,

Read ,Write and Execute permissions are provided  for everyone on the server. Find attached file (FSG2 zconnect Directory List.txt ) which has permission details for more information.

Also attached is server.xml (renamed as server.txt) which has <zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs location="xxx">  tag in it. Can you Please verify if I am making correct entry in it.

Regarding use of template at time of creation of server, I will suggest you to elaborate on it. Any guide or reference for this will be very helpful .

Thanks,

Neeraj

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2018-03-22T13:53:11Z  

Hi Alan,

Read ,Write and Execute permissions are provided  for everyone on the server. Find attached file (FSG2 zconnect Directory List.txt ) which has permission details for more information.

Also attached is server.xml (renamed as server.txt) which has <zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs location="xxx">  tag in it. Can you Please verify if I am making correct entry in it.

Regarding use of template at time of creation of server, I will suggest you to elaborate on it. Any guide or reference for this will be very helpful .

Thanks,

Neeraj

Hello Neeraj,

Please can you tell me:

1. if you have set WLP_USER_DIR in your started procedure for your server, and if so, to what value?

2. the name of the service you successfully deployed using the API toolkit?

Best regards,

Alan.

• Neeraj_dxc
    Neeraj_dxc
    14 Posts

‏2018-03-23T09:27:39Z  

Hello Neeraj,

Please can you tell me:

1. if you have set WLP_USER_DIR in your started procedure for your server, and if so, to what value?

2. the name of the service you successfully deployed using the API toolkit?

Best regards,

Alan.

Hi,

Find attached server.env file taken from location '/SYSTEM/var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/fsg2zosc'. In this file WLP_USER_DIR  is not set. Can you tell me if server.env is present at right location and what value for WLP_USER_DIR  can be used .

The name of the successfully deployed service is 'accountTransactionInquire', 'inquireCatalog','inquireSingle' and 'placeOrder'.

Thanks,

Neeraj

Attachments

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2018-03-23T10:14:06Z  

Hi,

Find attached server.env file taken from location '/SYSTEM/var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/fsg2zosc'. In this file WLP_USER_DIR  is not set. Can you tell me if server.env is present at right location and what value for WLP_USER_DIR  can be used .

The name of the successfully deployed service is 'accountTransactionInquire', 'inquireCatalog','inquireSingle' and 'placeOrder'.

Thanks,

Neeraj

Hello Neeraj,

If you are not setting WLP_USER_DIR we would expect your server and all its resources to be under /var/zosconnect/servers/fsg2zosc (not /var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/fsg2zosc).

Server definitions are not linked to a particular version of z/OS Connect EE so we do not recommend inserting the version under /var/zosconnect.

Do you also have your fsg2zosc server defined in the default location of /var/zosconnect/servers?

Thanks,

Alan.

• Neeraj_dxc
    Neeraj_dxc
    14 Posts

‏2018-03-23T10:44:21Z  

Hello Neeraj,

If you are not setting WLP_USER_DIR we would expect your server and all its resources to be under /var/zosconnect/servers/fsg2zosc (not /var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/fsg2zosc).

Server definitions are not linked to a particular version of z/OS Connect EE so we do not recommend inserting the version under /var/zosconnect.

Do you also have your fsg2zosc server defined in the default location of /var/zosconnect/servers?

Thanks,

Alan.

Hi Alan,

As suggested I have added WLP_USER_DIR=/var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/fsg2zosc in server.env file but still I am not able to deploy API . Refer attached screen shot .

Do server require a restart to pick up the changes.

Regards,

Neeraj

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2018-03-23T11:01:22Z  

Hi Alan,

As suggested I have added WLP_USER_DIR=/var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/fsg2zosc in server.env file but still I am not able to deploy API . Refer attached screen shot .

Do server require a restart to pick up the changes.

Regards,

Neeraj

Hi Neeraj,

Please can you:

1. Remove the WLP_USER_DIR setting from server.env (I was only asking if you had it set).
    2. Send me your directory listing of /var/zosconnect/servers/fsg2zosc (not /var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/fsg2zosc).

Thanks,

Alan.

• Neeraj_dxc
    Neeraj_dxc
    14 Posts

‏2018-03-23T11:36:16Z  

Hi Neeraj,

Please can you:

1. Remove the WLP_USER_DIR setting from server.env (I was only asking if you had it set).
    2. Send me your directory listing of /var/zosconnect/servers/fsg2zosc (not /var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/fsg2zosc).

Thanks,

Alan.

Hi Alan,

We have v3r0 directory under zosconnect . Refer to attached screen shot for details. Let me know whether we are wrong in the directory set up. What can be possible solution for this?

Regards,

Neeraj

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2018-03-23T11:50:37Z  

Hi Alan,

We have v3r0 directory under zosconnect . Refer to attached screen shot for details. Let me know whether we are wrong in the directory set up. What can be possible solution for this?

Regards,

Neeraj

Hi Neeraj,

Your server.xml has duplicate entries for zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs and zosconnect_services.

Please can you remove the following entries at the bottom of your server.xml, restart your server, and check your messages.log to confirm your services and APIs have been successfully installed.

<!-- zosConnect APIs -->
        <zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs updateTrigger="disabled" pollingRate="5s"/>      

<!-- zosConnect Services -->
            <zosconnect_services updateTrigger="disabled" pollingRate="5s"/>

Thanks, Alan.

• Neeraj_dxc
    Neeraj_dxc
    14 Posts

‏2018-03-28T13:15:34Z  

Hi Neeraj,

Your server.xml has duplicate entries for zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs and zosconnect_services.

Please can you remove the following entries at the bottom of your server.xml, restart your server, and check your messages.log to confirm your services and APIs have been successfully installed.

<!-- zosConnect APIs -->
        <zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs updateTrigger="disabled" pollingRate="5s"/>      

<zosconnect_services updateTrigger="disabled" pollingRate="5s"/>

Thanks, Alan.

Hi Alan,

I would like to share few information regarding server set up with you.

1.Regarding version in the directory path, we have created a new folder v3.0 (v3r0) with its own HFS file.

2.Since we were deviating from the IBM standard folder /var/zosconnect/servers, we did create the fsg2zosc server after setting the WLP_USER_DIR and hence the server fsg2zosc folder was created under /var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/

3.The fsg2server was created using the default template as shown below

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lpp/java/J8.0_64/  
    export WLP_USER_DIR=/var/zosconnect/v3r0/
    ./zosconnect create fsg2zosc --template=zosconnect:default

4. WLP_USER_DIR is in fact mentioned in the z/OS Connect Started Task. Few lines for your reference below

//BAQSTRT  PROC PARMS='fsg2zosc --clean' 
    // SET ZCONHOME='/usr/lpp/IBM/zosconnect/v3r0'                   
    //*                                                              
    //ZCON     EXEC PGM=BPXBATSL,REGION=0M,MEMLIMIT=4G,              
    //         PARM='PGM &ZCONHOME./bin/zosconnect run &PARMS.'      
    //STDOUT   DD   SYSOUT=*                                         
    //STDERR   DD   SYSOUT=*                                         
    //STDIN    DD   DUMMY                                            
    //STDENV   DD   *                                                
    _BPX_SHAREAS=YES                                                 
    JAVA_HOME=/usr/lpp/java/J8.0_64/                                 
    WLP_USER_DIR=/SYSTEM/var/zosconnect/v3r0                         
    #JVM_OPTIONS=<Optional JVM parameters>                           
    //*                                                              
    // PEND       

Regarding duplicates entries in server.xml suggested by you, we have made changes in the server.xml file and tried to deploy Services and API but now not able to deploy both.Find attached message.log and server.xml for more information.   

Attachments

• Neeraj_dxc
    Neeraj_dxc
    14 Posts

‏2018-03-29T12:02:29Z  

Hi Alan,

I would like to share few information regarding server set up with you.

1.Regarding version in the directory path, we have created a new folder v3.0 (v3r0) with its own HFS file.

2.Since we were deviating from the IBM standard folder /var/zosconnect/servers, we did create the fsg2zosc server after setting the WLP_USER_DIR and hence the server fsg2zosc folder was created under /var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/

3.The fsg2server was created using the default template as shown below

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lpp/java/J8.0_64/  
    export WLP_USER_DIR=/var/zosconnect/v3r0/
    ./zosconnect create fsg2zosc --template=zosconnect:default

4. WLP_USER_DIR is in fact mentioned in the z/OS Connect Started Task. Few lines for your reference below

//BAQSTRT  PROC PARMS='fsg2zosc --clean' 
    // SET ZCONHOME='/usr/lpp/IBM/zosconnect/v3r0'                   
    //*                                                              
    //ZCON     EXEC PGM=BPXBATSL,REGION=0M,MEMLIMIT=4G,              
    //         PARM='PGM &ZCONHOME./bin/zosconnect run &PARMS.'      
    //STDOUT   DD   SYSOUT=*                                         
    //STDERR   DD   SYSOUT=*                                         
    //STDIN    DD   DUMMY                                            
    //STDENV   DD   *                                                
    _BPX_SHAREAS=YES                                                 
    JAVA_HOME=/usr/lpp/java/J8.0_64/                                 
    WLP_USER_DIR=/SYSTEM/var/zosconnect/v3r0                         
    #JVM_OPTIONS=<Optional JVM parameters>                           
    //*                                                              
    // PEND       

Regarding duplicates entries in server.xml suggested by you, we have made changes in the server.xml file and tried to deploy Services and API but now not able to deploy both.Find attached message.log and server.xml for more information.   

Hi Alan,

Today we have tried to deploy service and API after restarting the server . Now we can deploy services but not able to deploy API. See below error logs for more information.

[3/29/18 9:54:06:075 GMT] 000000b7 com.ibm.ws.logging.internal.impl.IncidentImpl                I FFDC1015I: An FFDC Incident has been created: "java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.web.ServiceProxyServlet$4 3243" at ffdc_18.03.29_09.54.06.0.log
    [3/29/18 9:54:06:079 GMT] 000000b7 com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.web.ServiceProxyServlet          E BAQR7033E: Internal server error.
    [3/29/18 9:54:28:114 GMT] 00000096 com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.async                             W SRVE8025E: An error or timeout occured while doing async servlet processing.
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder (initialization failure)
    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializationAlreadyFailed(J9VMInternals.java:96)
    at java.nio.file.FileSystems.getDefault(FileSystems.java:187)
    at java.io.File.toPath(File.java:2245)
    at com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.ApiManagerImpl.installNewApiPackage(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.ApiManagerImpl.installApiFromApiArchive(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.web.ServiceProxyServlet$22.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.async.ServiceWrapper.wrapAndRun(ServiceWrapper.java:202)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.async.ContextWrapper.run(ContextWrapper.java:28)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.async.WrapperRunnableImpl.run(WrapperRunnableImpl.java:89)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1160)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: default directory must be absolute
    at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystem.<init>(UnixFileSystem.java:67)
    at sun.nio.fs.ZosFileSystem.<init>(ZosFileSystem.java:26)
    at sun.nio.fs.ZosFileSystemProvider.newFileSystem(ZosFileSystemProvider.java:32)
    at sun.nio.fs.ZosFileSystemProvider.newFileSystem(ZosFileSystemProvider.java:19)
    at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.<init>(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:68)
    at sun.nio.fs.ZosFileSystemProvider.<init>(ZosFileSystemProvider.java:22)
    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:1762)
    at sun.nio.fs.DefaultFileSystemProvider.createProvider(DefaultFileSystemProvider.java:60)
    at sun.nio.fs.DefaultFileSystemProvider.create(DefaultFileSystemProvider.java:80)
    at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.getDefaultProvider(FileSystems.java:119)
    at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.access$000(FileSystems.java:100)
    at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder$1.run(FileSystems.java:109)
    at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder$1.run(FileSystems.java:107)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:638)
    at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.defaultFileSystem(FileSystems.java:107)
    at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.<clinit>(FileSystems.java:101)
    at com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.SarManagerImpl.serializeSar(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.SarManagerImpl.installSar(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.ServiceManagerImpl.installServiceFromServiceArchive(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.web.ServiceProxyServlet$23.run(Unknown Source)
    ... 6 more
  • Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2018-04-03T09:10:20Z  

Hi Alan,

Today we have tried to deploy service and API after restarting the server . Now we can deploy services but not able to deploy API. See below error logs for more information.

[3/29/18 9:54:06:075 GMT] 000000b7 com.ibm.ws.logging.internal.impl.IncidentImpl                I FFDC1015I: An FFDC Incident has been created: "java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.web.ServiceProxyServlet$4 3243" at ffdc_18.03.29_09.54.06.0.log
    [3/29/18 9:54:06:079 GMT] 000000b7 com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.web.ServiceProxyServlet          E BAQR7033E: Internal server error.
    [3/29/18 9:54:28:114 GMT] 00000096 com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.async                             W SRVE8025E: An error or timeout occured while doing async servlet processing.
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder (initialization failure)
    at com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.ApiManagerImpl.installNewApiPackage(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.ApiManagerImpl.installApiFromApiArchive(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.async.ServiceWrapper.wrapAndRun(ServiceWrapper.java:202)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.async.WrapperRunnableImpl.run(WrapperRunnableImpl.java:89)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1160)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
    at sun.nio.fs.ZosFileSystemProvider.newFileSystem(ZosFileSystemProvider.java:32)
    at sun.nio.fs.ZosFileSystemProvider.newFileSystem(ZosFileSystemProvider.java:19)
    at sun.nio.fs.DefaultFileSystemProvider.createProvider(DefaultFileSystemProvider.java:60)
    at sun.nio.fs.DefaultFileSystemProvider.create(DefaultFileSystemProvider.java:80)
    at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.getDefaultProvider(FileSystems.java:119)
    at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.access$000(FileSystems.java:100)
    at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder$1.run(FileSystems.java:109)
    at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder$1.run(FileSystems.java:107)
    at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.defaultFileSystem(FileSystems.java:107)
    at java.nio.file.FileSystems$DefaultFileSystemHolder.<clinit>(FileSystems.java:101)
    at com.ibm.zosconnect.internal.ServiceManagerImpl.installServiceFromServiceArchive(Unknown Source)
    ... 6 more

Hello Neeraj,

Please can you try removing

location="/var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/fsg2zosc/resources/zosconnect/apis"

from your

zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs

element, then restart your server and see if this resolves your problem.

Kind regards,

Alan.

• Neeraj_dxc
    Neeraj_dxc
    14 Posts

‏2018-04-03T11:44:41Z  

Hello Neeraj,

Please can you try removing

location="/var/zosconnect/v3r0/servers/fsg2zosc/resources/zosconnect/apis"

from your

zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs

element, then restart your server and see if this resolves your problem.

Kind regards,

Alan.

Hi Alan,

As suggested I have made changes in server.xml , restarted server and tried to deploy API. But still I am getting same error. See below error logs for more information.Also find attached updated server.xml file.

[4/3/18 11:13:55:593 GMT] 0000005a com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.async                             W SRVE8025E: An error or timeout occured while doing async servlet processing.
    ... 6 more

Attachments

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2018-04-03T14:22:38Z  

Hi Alan,

As suggested I have made changes in server.xml , restarted server and tried to deploy API. But still I am getting same error. See below error logs for more information.Also find attached updated server.xml file.

[4/3/18 11:13:55:593 GMT] 0000005a com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.async                             W SRVE8025E: An error or timeout occured while doing async servlet processing.
    ... 6 more

Hi Neeraj,

I have set up a configuration similar to yours using the WLP_USER_DIR environment variable.

Let's start by simplifying your server.xml so you can deploy your API.

As you have correctly specified WLP_USER_DIR in the JCL of your PROC, you can comment out or remove:

<zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs location="">
       zosConnectAPI name="catalog"
    </zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs>

and

<zosconnect_services>
       <service name="inquireCatalog" />
       <service name="inquireSingle" />
       <service name="placeOrder" />
       <service name="accountTransactionInquire" />
    </zosconnect_services>

Looking back at a screenshot of your CatalogManager API I see there is a red cross.

You will not be able to deploy your API until the red cross has been resolved.

If you still have the red cross against your CatalogManager API project, please can you send me your messages.log file.

Kind regards,

Alan.

Updated on 2018-04-03T14:25:21Z at 2018-04-03T14:25:21Z by Alan Hollingshead
  • Neeraj_dxc
    Neeraj_dxc
    14 Posts

‏2018-04-04T11:54:29Z  

Hi Neeraj,

I have set up a configuration similar to yours using the WLP_USER_DIR environment variable.

Let's start by simplifying your server.xml so you can deploy your API.

As you have correctly specified WLP_USER_DIR in the JCL of your PROC, you can comment out or remove:

<zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs location="">
       zosConnectAPI name="catalog"
    </zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs>

and

<zosconnect_services>
       <service name="inquireCatalog" />
       <service name="inquireSingle" />
       <service name="placeOrder" />
       <service name="accountTransactionInquire" />
    </zosconnect_services>

Looking back at a screenshot of your CatalogManager API I see there is a red cross.

You will not be able to deploy your API until the red cross has been resolved.

If you still have the red cross against your CatalogManager API project, please can you send me your messages.log file.

Kind regards,

Alan.

Hi Alan,

As suggested I have tried to deploy services and API again after making changes in server.xml and removing red cross from CatalogManager API project. But at time of deploying services I am getting error with error message "An error was received for z/OS Connect EE connection zOS_Server (20.14.209.1:9443): 503 Service Unavailable, BAQR7070E: Service administration APIs are not available. accountTransactionInquire ". Find attached screen shots for more details.Also find attached message.log and server.xml files.

• Alan Hollingshead
    Alan Hollingshead
    58 Posts

‏2018-04-04T13:44:16Z  

Hi Alan,

As suggested I have tried to deploy services and API again after making changes in server.xml and removing red cross from CatalogManager API project. But at time of deploying services I am getting error with error message "An error was received for z/OS Connect EE connection zOS_Server (20.14.209.1:9443): 503 Service Unavailable, BAQR7070E: Service administration APIs are not available. accountTransactionInquire ". Find attached screen shots for more details.Also find attached message.log and server.xml files.

Hi Neeraj,

My apologies, I was overzealous in tidying up your server.xml file. Please add just the following lines to your xml and restart your server.

<!-- zosConnect APIs -->
        <zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs pollingRate="5s" updateTrigger="disabled"/>    

<zosconnect_services pollingRate="5s" updateTrigger="disabled"/>

You do not need to add the names of the individual APIs or services unless you want to override some of their default parameters. So in your case, the above lines should be suffice.

Best regards,

Alan.

• Neeraj_dxc
    Neeraj_dxc
    14 Posts

‏2018-04-05T10:36:29Z  

Hi Neeraj,

My apologies, I was overzealous in tidying up your server.xml file. Please add just the following lines to your xml and restart your server.

<!-- zosConnect APIs -->
        <zosconnect_zosConnectAPIs pollingRate="5s" updateTrigger="disabled"/>    

<zosconnect_services pollingRate="5s" updateTrigger="disabled"/>

You do not need to add the names of the individual APIs or services unless you want to override some of their default parameters. So in your case, the above lines should be suffice.

Best regards,

Alan.

Hi Alan,

As suggested I have tried to deploy services and API after making changes in the server.xml . Now I am able to deploy services successfully but getting internal server error at time of deploying API. Find attached message.log and server.xml file for more details.

Regards,

Neeraj

Attachments

• bayliss
    bayliss
    36 Posts

‏2018-04-06T09:51:02Z  

Hi Alan,

As suggested I have tried to deploy services and API after making changes in the server.xml . Now I am able to deploy services successfully but getting internal server error at time of deploying API. Find attached message.log and server.xml file for more details.

Regards,

Neeraj

Hi Neeraj,

I found the following dwAnswers post with what sounds like the same symptoms. Please can you review the RACF OMVS segment defined for the userid associated with the STARTED task which starts your  z/OS Connect EE server, particularly the value for the HOME parameter, see the information in the dwAnswer post "zosconnect apideploy fails with java.lang.RuntimeException default directory must be absolute". Make any required changes, restart your server and retry the API deploy.
    The OMVS SEGMENT information for a user can be displayed using TSO command: LISTUSER username OMVS NORACF, but you may need SysAdmin authority to issue the command.

If this does not resolve your problem, please enable the zosconnect trace, by adding the following element to your server.xml file:

<logging traceSpecification="zosConnect=all"/>

Restart your server and retry the API deploy. Then please attach messages.log and trace.log files to this thread.

Regards, Sue

Updated on 2018-04-06T10:17:52Z at 2018-04-06T10:17:52Z by bayliss
  • Neeraj_dxc
    Neeraj_dxc
    14 Posts

‏2018-04-09T08:13:07Z  
    • bayliss
    • ‏2018-04-06T09:51:02Z

Hi Neeraj,

I found the following dwAnswers post with what sounds like the same symptoms. Please can you review the RACF OMVS segment defined for the userid associated with the STARTED task which starts your  z/OS Connect EE server, particularly the value for the HOME parameter, see the information in the dwAnswer post "zosconnect apideploy fails with java.lang.RuntimeException default directory must be absolute". Make any required changes, restart your server and retry the API deploy.
    The OMVS SEGMENT information for a user can be displayed using TSO command: LISTUSER username OMVS NORACF, but you may need SysAdmin authority to issue the command.

If this does not resolve your problem, please enable the zosconnect trace, by adding the following element to your server.xml file:

<logging traceSpecification="zosConnect=all"/>

Restart your server and retry the API deploy. Then please attach messages.log and trace.log files to this thread.

Regards, Sue

Hi Sue,

Regarding information related to RACF OMVS segment , below is the details configured at our end. 

ACCESSORID = BAQSTRT   NAME       = IBM ZOSCONNECT EE SERVER STC

GROUPS     = OMVSGRP   BAQGRUP   IZUADMIN

ATTRIBUTES = NOOMVSDF

DFLTGRP    = IZUADMIN

-----------  SEGMENT OMVS

HOME       = /var/zosconnect/servers/

OMVSPGM    = /bin/sh

UID        = 0000000302

Above details will help you in analyzing the problem faced by us.These details looks good to me. I appreciate if you cross check the same.  

Moreover I will enable the zosconnect trace now and will share log files with you soon.

Regards,

Neeraj

• bayliss
    bayliss
    36 Posts

‏2018-04-09T16:05:06Z  

Hi Sue,

Regarding information related to RACF OMVS segment , below is the details configured at our end. 

ACCESSORID = BAQSTRT   NAME       = IBM ZOSCONNECT EE SERVER STC

GROUPS     = OMVSGRP   BAQGRUP   IZUADMIN

ATTRIBUTES = NOOMVSDF

DFLTGRP    = IZUADMIN

-----------  SEGMENT OMVS

HOME       = /var/zosconnect/servers/

OMVSPGM    = /bin/sh

UID        = 0000000302

Above details will help you in analyzing the problem faced by us.These details looks good to me. I appreciate if you cross check the same.  

Moreover I will enable the zosconnect trace now and will share log files with you soon.

Regards,

Neeraj

Hi Neeraj,
    Please can you confirm which SAF security manager you are using, for example RACF.

Regards, Sue

• Neeraj_dxc
    Neeraj_dxc
    14 Posts

‏2018-04-11T07:24:57Z  
    • bayliss
    • ‏2018-04-09T16:05:06Z

Hi Neeraj,
    Please can you confirm which SAF security manager you are using, for example RACF.

Regards, Sue

Hi Sue,

Updated on 2018-04-11T07:25:54Z at 2018-04-11T07:25:54Z by Neeraj_dxc
  • bayliss
    bayliss
    36 Posts

‏2018-04-11T12:11:10Z  

Hi Sue,

Hi Neeraj,

Thanks for the information. Since you are using Top Secret the following may be relevant.

The IBM z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition open beta Knowledge Center topic "Starting and stopping z/OS Connect EE" includes the following information:

"If you use a non-IBM®External Security Manager and receive a CHECK_PROC_OWNER error message when you start z/OS Connect EE as a started task, check that you have correctly defined the location where the server instances are stored. Define the location in the HOME parameter of the OMVS segment of the started task user ID."

I assume you are not receiving a  CHECK_PROC_OWNER error message when starting the server., but the information about setting the OMVS segment HOME value may still be relevant to your issue. It says that, the location where the server instances are stored should be specified in the HOME parameter of the OMVS segment of the started task userid. Your started task userid BAQSTRT currently specifies HOME = /var/zosconnect/servers/. But since you are using a customised WLP_USER_DIR environment variable value of /var/zosconnect/v3r0/, your server instances are stored in /var/zosconnect/v3r0 directory.

***UPDATE*** to correct HOME value below

Would you be able to try, updating the OMVS segment for BAQSTRT to set HOME = /var/zosconnect/v3r0

(I'm not sure if the final trailing slash is required). Then restart the server and retry deploying the API.

If this still does not work, can you check that Top Secret is not reporting any errors at the time the API deployment fails. If Top Secret does not report any errors, then please enable the <logging traceSpecification="zosConnect=all"/> trace and attach messages.log and trace.log.

Regards, Sue

Updated on 2018-04-13T15:19:15Z at 2018-04-13T15:19:15Z by bayliss