2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-09-17T17:57:14Z by gurdaneta
gurdaneta
gurdaneta
13 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Question about logSequence object in the batch Update

‏2013-09-17T16:52:27Z |

Hi

I was wondering, if you guys may help me to figure out How the logSequence works, I mean i saw the batchUpdate method in the Loader, but i want to know How can we get that logSequence value and where to get that value???, because I try to call that method using an app or *.bat process in order to execute this batchUpdate on demand, but I do not know where to get the logSequence object to send it to batchUpdate method?

I am missing something, I do not think that the object grid is going to call the method automatically? or yes, it is called automatically?

Please i appreciate any help.

gurdaneta

• jhanders
    jhanders
    256 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Question about logSequence object in the batch Update

‏2013-09-17T17:29:49Z  in response to gurdaneta

I presume you are referring to the Loader.batchUpdate method.  When you do a transaction in eXtreme Scale using the Session and ObjectMap APIs the eXtreme Scale code will complete the transaction at commit and automatically involve the Loader unless instructed not to with a beginNoWriteThrough type transaction in an agent for instance.

I hope that helps explain things better.  If you have more questions, do let us know.

Jared Anderson

• gurdaneta
      gurdaneta
      13 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Question about logSequence object in the batch Update

‏2013-09-17T17:57:14Z  in response to jhanders

Hi

Let me try to understand, when we are programming a loader, we do not need to execute on demand any loader method?, I mean we can not call batchUpdate, because the Objectgrid is going to call it when it need? it is there a way to call this batchUpdate on demand? or it is a bad practice?

And Do we only need to connect the loader to the backing map, and it is going to make this loader work happen?

Please, i appreciate any explanation in order to make sure about this loader process.

Thanks,

gurdaneta