2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-11-16T19:32:21Z by KevinC71
TimTheGuvnor
TimTheGuvnor
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Installing New Font Not Recognised by System Architect

‏2013-11-06T01:29:00Z |

Hi,

I have installed a couple of new fonts to try and make my diagrams stand out and look a little more professional, but they don't appear in the font list in System Architect. They appear in other applications (even simple ones like EditPlus, the text editor), but not System Architect. Is there some trick I am missing? I have done all the usual things like deleting the font cache, rebooting, etc. But nothing changes. Does System Architect have its own font cache or list of fonts somewhere?

The only difference is that all the fonts that do appear are OpenType with TrueType outlines, whereas the new font is just TrueType. I have also tried converting it to an OpenType font, but that doesn't help either. 

Any ideas?

Tim

• TimTheGuvnor
    TimTheGuvnor
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Installing New Font Not Recognised by System Architect

‏2013-11-07T02:14:51Z  in response to TimTheGuvnor

Just further to my original post - I have noticed that System Architect has its own fonts.dll in the IBM\Rational\System Architect Suite\System Architect folder. So I guess it is only using fonts that are in that dll.

How would I get new fonts into that DLL? Is that even possible?

Tim

• KevinC71
      KevinC71
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Installing New Font Not Recognised by System Architect

‏2013-11-16T19:32:21Z  in response to TimTheGuvnor

Hi Tim,

Can you email your custom font to me at kevin.patrick@us.ibm.com and I'll have a look at the problem.

SA does not store fonts in fonts.dll.  The list of available fonts is provided by the OS.

Thanks,

Kevin