Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-11T07:41:38Z by wxyzabc
wxyzabc
wxyzabc
29 Posts

Pinned topic Disable the State and Event Column for Services in Service Navigation Page

‏2013-10-10T12:26:07Z |

Hi All,

Can anyone help to disable the State and Event columns of only some services in Service Navigation Page of TBSM.

While editing the Tree Template editor and unchecking the Events and State for the template of particular services(IT Services and Telco & VAS Services), State and Event column for all the services is disabled but we want it to be disabled for only some services(IT Services and Telco & VAS Services),.

Thanks & Regards

wxyzabc

Attachments

• randybrown
    randybrown
    60 Posts

Re: Disable the State and Event Column for Services in Service Navigation Page

‏2013-10-10T13:53:07Z  

Hi,

I am not sure I would recommend changing the ServiceInstance tree template, as this is provided by TBSM for its administrative views, like Service Navigation and Service Administration. However it will also affect Service Availability.

If this will eventually be an operator view, then creating a custom tree template and a custom page containing the portion of the tree would be recommended.

However, if your goal is to change these views, then the difficulty in this is that you want to identify templates that don't display, rather than templates that do (which is obviously a much larger number). I assume to even get this far you also had to disable the columns for template DefaultTag or remove it from the Selected Templates for the tree template. DefaultTag is assigned to all services, so once this is removed you will have no default behavior. Unfortunately that means this template is also assigned to the services for which you want to disable the columns... so there is no simple answer.

One suggestion is to have a template whose only purpose is to control which services display State and Events. Then you can assign this template to all services except the ones you want to exclude. But this requires you be able to somehow easily assign that template to only specific services, and this must somehow be accomplished when new services are added as well.

Bottom line is that I can't think of any easy way to do exactly what you are asking. Hopefully another reader will have an idea or some experience in this area.

Regards...

Randy Brown

• wxyzabc
    wxyzabc
    29 Posts

‏2013-10-10T14:28:17Z  

Hi,

I am not sure I would recommend changing the ServiceInstance tree template, as this is provided by TBSM for its administrative views, like Service Navigation and Service Administration. However it will also affect Service Availability.

If this will eventually be an operator view, then creating a custom tree template and a custom page containing the portion of the tree would be recommended.

However, if your goal is to change these views, then the difficulty in this is that you want to identify templates that don't display, rather than templates that do (which is obviously a much larger number). I assume to even get this far you also had to disable the columns for template DefaultTag or remove it from the Selected Templates for the tree template. DefaultTag is assigned to all services, so once this is removed you will have no default behavior. Unfortunately that means this template is also assigned to the services for which you want to disable the columns... so there is no simple answer.

One suggestion is to have a template whose only purpose is to control which services display State and Events. Then you can assign this template to all services except the ones you want to exclude. But this requires you be able to somehow easily assign that template to only specific services, and this must somehow be accomplished when new services are added as well.

Bottom line is that I can't think of any easy way to do exactly what you are asking. Hopefully another reader will have an idea or some experience in this area.

Regards...

Randy Brown

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your quick reply....

Is there any way to disable the view of that two specific services(IT Services and Telco & VAS Services) for perticular users?

As these two services (IT Services and Telco & VAS Services) are dashboard for our all other services created under Service Viewer and assigned to a group and users are created for that group.

Thanks &Regards

wxyzabc

• sdiering
    sdiering
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-10T19:29:04Z  

excluding the display of State and Events cells for these 2 services can be accomplished by adding some code to the standard GetTreeColumnValue.ipl policy.

if ( columnName = 'State' || columnName = 'Events' )
    {   
      if    ( ServiceInstance.SERVICEINSTANCENAME = "IT Services" )         
         || ( ServiceInstance.SERVICEINSTANCENAME = "Telco & VAS Services" )   
      {       
        VALUE = "";   
      }
    }

Note:

steve

Updated on 2013-10-10T19:32:55Z at 2013-10-10T19:32:55Z by sdiering
  • wxyzabc
    wxyzabc
    29 Posts

‏2013-10-11T07:41:38Z  

Hi Sdiering,

Thanks Sidiring, Its really helpful .....

I got wat i want ....I did this with admin priviledge now i just have to check it should work fine with other user credentials too.

Thanks & Regards

wxyzabc