6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-20T03:27:50Z by Dave-Robinson
ccbldman
ccbldman
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic list of checkins in all branch in a vob

‏2013-04-24T12:29:59Z |

Hi,

I want to find the checkins in all branches in a vob on a particular date. How to do that?  Can any one share the cleartool find syntax?

Rgds

ccman

• smeany
    smeany
    40 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: list of checkins in all branch in a vob

‏2013-04-24T15:58:45Z  in response to ccbldman

You can use :  cleartool find . -version "{created_since(01-Apr-2013) && !created_since(02-Apr-2013)}" -print  You just need to modify this for the date you want.

• ccbldman
      ccbldman
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-26T09:54:57Z  in response to smeany

Hi,

Thanks for the help, But I see a lot of difference,  when I give the below command the it lists out checkins more

cleartool find . -version "{brtype(abc_dev) && created_since(19-Apr-2013) && !created_since(20-Apr-2013)}" -print

but when I give the below command, the listing is very small

cleartool find . -version "{created_since(19-Mar-2013) && !created_since(20-Mar-2013)}" -print

Any idea?

• Dave-Robinson
        Dave-Robinson
        109 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-29T02:13:17Z  in response to ccbldman

There are often several variations of "cleartool find" to achieve a desired result.

In both commands, the curly brackets are optional but really should not change the result.

With the first, you could separate the brtype restriction to a "-branch" specification, which gets AND'd with the "-version" specification - that is, the creation time of versions shall only be checked for versions on branches satisfying the -branch argument.

cleartool find . -branch "brtype(abc_dev)" -version "created_since(19-Apr-2013) && !created_since(20-Apr-2013)" -print

With regard to the difference in amount of output, it appears you have used different dates (March / April), so I don't know whether you are really doing a valid comparison. Is the result set a completely different set of versions?

If you do not like to share the output here, please raise a PMR and Rational Client Support can help with this.

• benray
          benray
          74 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-29T20:40:48Z  in response to Dave-Robinson

I believe you can also specify '!brtype(dummy_branch_name)' to capture all actual branches.

cleartool find . -branch '!brtype(fakebranch)' -version 'created_since(15-Apr-2013) && !created_since(16-Apr-2013)' -print

• ccbldman
    ccbldman
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-17T09:18:41Z  in response to ccbldman

All,

Thanks for your help, I happen to execute the command,

"cleartool find . -version \"{created_since($y) && !created_since($today)}\" -print > c:/list_of_chkin.tx"

interestingly in the report  I am also getting data about files which are CHECKEDOUT alsoas shown below

.\API\src\lib\csharp\rocket.AXX.RCC.Actions.cs@@\main\abc75_dev\abc75_blr_dev\CHECKEDOUT

how do we remove that?

Rgds

ccman

• Dave-Robinson
      Dave-Robinson
      109 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-20T03:27:50Z  in response to ccbldman

Unfortunately there is no way to exclude checkouts in the cleartool find command itself

(The VOB has a label type called CHECKEDOUT but it is not a "standard" label, and cannot be utilized in queries.)

So you just have to pipe your output through Windows "find" or "findstr" command with "/v"

I suggest to start by using "find /?" and "findstr /?" to learn more about these useful commands.