SubasiniRath
SubasiniRath
25 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WEF Out of memory - retVal12

‏2014-08-21T08:51:45Z |

Hi All

I am using WEF eclipse Helios designer.

I have just created 2 consumer models and one provider model.

In my project there are only 4 java classes as of now and 3 html files. Since for ui we are using bootstrap , we have the related js and css files.

But my designer is throwing out of memory frequently every 5mins.This is really irritating.

I search in google and change the consguration in eclipse.ini which is attached in this topic but still no solution. Can anybody please help me..This is really urgent.

Attachments

• gsager
    gsager
    129 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WEF Out of memory - retVal12

‏2014-08-21T18:12:35Z  in response to SubasiniRath

What version of WEF are you using?   Is Eclipse the version that came with the product or did you install one from eclipse.org?

What OS are you using?

Also for scripting are you aware of the Script Application builder?

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/b75d3ff5-8534-43ff-8eb0-8e33fc67f50e/entry/script_application_builder_available_as_open_source?lang=en

Updated on 2014-08-22T03:46:42Z at 2014-08-22T03:46:42Z by mburati
    • mburati
      mburati
      2551 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-22T03:47:45Z  in response to gsager

Garry's questions are good, but I wanted to point out that if this issue is blocking your progress and use of the product (as opposed to a how-to question that this forum is more oriented toward) then I would suggest contacting customer support to help you diagnose what's going on/wrong in this situation.

I hope that info helps,
      ..Mike Burati 
      The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
    • SubasiniRath
      SubasiniRath
      25 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-22T05:06:32Z  in response to gsager

Hi Garry

I am using WEF 8.0.0 and the eclipse came with that product only.

OS version is - Windows 2008 R2

When I loog at the task manager, when the eclipse starts , it takes around 400,00 KB and then within 10mins it acquires around 7GB memory

• gsager
        gsager
        129 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-22T09:09:38Z  in response to SubasiniRath

Well since you are using the standard installation, I agree with mike that its best to contact support.  One other thing that might make a difference is have you installed any other eclipse addons if so maybe try a reinstall and try it again.  Another thing to try is do a new install and create a new workspace and create a new project and see if you still have that problem. 

• mburati
        mburati
        2551 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-22T14:35:23Z  in response to SubasiniRath

Please also look for javacore and heap dump logs that it should be logging when it runs out of memory.   Even if you can't tell what's happening from those yourself, customer support will want to collect those to determine what's going on.

Are you doing anything with complex recursive schemas (eg, structures so deep or recursive page automation is trying to build enormous pages from them)?

I hope that info helps,
        ..Mike Burati 
        The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.