5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-26T06:49:01Z by RNPC_Sowmya_ramachandran
Febriansyah
Febriansyah
12 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Datacap Email and Fax Connector

‏2012-06-20T02:31:09Z |
Hi Guys,
Maybe you all already know that the input of the taskmaster is also can be done from email and fax. Is there any of you have try this features? especially from exchange server. because after few days of research and ask about this features to IBM support, I still can't found the related materials how to implement and configure the action of it into my application. The features that I ask is not how to send email notification from Taskmaster, which is I already know, but how to scan e-docs from email account and fax. Because on the guide book also says that we can unzip the zip file and recognize the document in it.

Thank you
Updated on 2012-10-01T16:02:58Z at 2012-10-01T16:02:58Z by TomBusilloMiria
  • ana.maria
    ana.maria
    78 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Datacap Email and Fax Connector

‏2012-06-20T13:10:40Z  in response to Febriansyah
     hello,

I've manage to connect to a lotus notes server, extract documents (and almost all metadata from each email, ex: send, to, body etc.).
    As a short observation, it "scan" documents are based on a folder (folder can be the inbox, or other custom one), and it can place successful process mail in to a succeed folder (named by you), or failed one in an other folder failure (also named by you) .

each mail is mapped in datacap as a document, and each file from email is mapped as a page in current document.

result DCO sample:

datacap rule sample:

and regarding the zip format, each attachment can be process with convert.dll library from datacap.

hope this helps..

ana
    • Nico P
      Nico P
      109 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-23T02:15:34Z  in response to ana.maria
       Just to add to the thread:

There are couple action libraries to deal with importing email and faxes: 

- Ewsmail: Email Web Service connector for Microsoft Exchange Server. This can render the message body as a tiff image.
       - Imail: IMAP connector. The body will be set a document variable.
       - OpenTextFaxServer: Fax import for server supporting OpenText, RightFax is one of them. 

Nico 
      • Febriansyah
        Febriansyah
        12 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-25T01:06:58Z  in response to Nico P
        Thank you Ana and Nico for your information.
        I'll try on my application, I'll inform you the result.

Thanks
    • TomBusilloMiria
      TomBusilloMiria
      156 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-01T16:02:58Z  in response to ana.maria
      I am wondering if you can help me out.  I have tried to connect to an exchange server, but the task aborts and causes bpilot to crash using the ewsmail.    Using the imail actions it doesnt abort, but it doesnt connect either. 

So for IMAP actions, what does the hostname have to be? Is it just the @company.com part of the email address, or does it need the server in there as well?

username is just the first part of the email before the @?
  • RNPC_Sowmya_ramachandran
    27 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-26T06:49:01Z  in response to Febriansyah

WE get faxes and emails from different servers.rIght now we have configured many rulesets which will picup documents from variaus location as both of these connectors allows string value as input.like setuser("stringvalue").

Is there possibility to set variable/smart parameter in place of direct string so that we can just change the values in the configuration file?

Please let me know.Thanks!