Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-06T20:37:11Z by mburati
dmelby
dmelby
131 Posts

Pinned topic Maxsize and size on input form

‏2014-08-06T03:24:19Z |

I have an input form (actually the create, and update screens in DSUI) where I'm trying to limit the input of a field to 40 characters (maxsize) and set the size of the field to 40 characters (size). So far, it looks like I can use RDD or Text builders to accomplish this. Any better methods?

• Dinger
    Dinger
    117 Posts

Re: Maxsize and size on input form

‏2014-08-06T20:12:42Z  

You could use an Attribute Setter that targets the input field, and sets the maxsize and size attributes.

Hope that helps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

• mburati
    mburati
    2579 Posts

Re: Maxsize and size on input form

‏2014-08-06T20:37:11Z  
    • Dinger
    • ‏2014-08-06T20:12:42Z

You could use an Attribute Setter that targets the input field, and sets the maxsize and size attributes.

Hope that helps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

Note, if the fields are Dojo inputs then the html size and maxsize may not set the UI style the way you expect as Dojo may be setting particular size via its own CSS styles.    If that's the case, I guess your option is to disable use of the dojo field types for that input or form and/or tweak the visible size via CSS overrides.

I hope that info helps,

..Mike Burati

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.