Topic
  • 11 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-08T19:32:41Z by llandale
llandale
llandale
2972 Posts

Pinned topic DWA Attr-DXL

‏2013-05-09T14:14:59Z |

I notice that Attr-DXL displayed in views in DWA does not calculate.  Anybody have thoughts or get-arounds for this?

-Louie

• sekrbo
    sekrbo
    41 Posts

Re: DWA Attr-DXL

‏2013-05-17T11:38:26Z  

Hmmmm, what does that do to OSLC links and what is seen from jazz tools? The OSLC links run through DWA, so when you hover over a link to DOORS from RQM, would that mean that you will not see the calculated DXL-attr value?

-Kristian

• jester76
    jester76
    68 Posts

‏2013-05-20T14:33:38Z  

Hello,

This is interesting, more I explore about DWA more issues are unclovere. Can you please share which versions (DOORS. DWA) are you working with?

Thanks

• llandale
    llandale
    2972 Posts

‏2013-05-20T17:47:54Z  
    • jester76
    • ‏2013-05-20T14:33:38Z

Hello,

This is interesting, more I explore about DWA more issues are unclovere. Can you please share which versions (DOORS. DWA) are you working with?

Thanks

DOORS v9306 and DWA v1405.

• jester76
    jester76
    68 Posts

‏2013-05-21T15:21:49Z  
    • llandale
    • ‏2013-05-20T17:47:54Z

DOORS v9306 and DWA v1405.

Thanks

I tested it on DOORS 9.5.0.1 and DWA 9.5.0.0. It seems to be working OK but extreamly slow.

I just created a DXL attribute:

obj."dxl attribute" = (10+10+10+10+10)""

What is your dxl attribute calculating.

Regards

Jester

• llandale
    llandale
    2972 Posts

‏2013-05-21T17:53:03Z  
    • jester76
    • ‏2013-05-21T15:21:49Z

Thanks

I tested it on DOORS 9.5.0.1 and DWA 9.5.0.0. It seems to be working OK but extreamly slow.

I just created a DXL attribute:

obj."dxl attribute" = (10+10+10+10+10)""

What is your dxl attribute calculating.

Regards

Jester

Oops.  Yes I see attr-DXL is running; but just about all of mine issue "#include" statements; and THAT is not working.  I see it does work when I open the module directly on the DWA/DOORS Server.

Guess I'll keep looking.

-Louie

• jester76
    jester76
    68 Posts

‏2013-07-02T20:48:36Z  
    • llandale
    • ‏2013-05-21T17:53:03Z

Oops.  Yes I see attr-DXL is running; but just about all of mine issue "#include" statements; and THAT is not working.  I see it does work when I open the module directly on the DWA/DOORS Server.

Guess I'll keep looking.

-Louie

Hello,

I have a quick question along the same line. So if I have multiple DXL attributes in a module and one is dependent on others value. Is there a way to make sure the order of execution is followed.

Thanks

Jester

• Mike.Scharnow
    Mike.Scharnow
    157 Posts

‏2013-07-02T21:24:03Z  
    • jester76
    • ‏2013-07-02T20:48:36Z

Hello,

I have a quick question along the same line. So if I have multiple DXL attributes in a module and one is dependent on others value. Is there a way to make sure the order of execution is followed.

Thanks

Jester

Not that I know of.

You should use functions and #include statements to perform calculations which are used from more than one attribute.

br,
    Mike

• jester76
    jester76
    68 Posts

‏2013-07-03T05:31:17Z  
    • jester76
    • ‏2013-07-02T20:48:36Z

Hello,

Thanks

Jester

I just tested my understanding and it works as expected.

The calculations are carried out from left to right and top to bottom. With this expectation you can have any number of DXL attributes in a module.

Thanks for your help.

Jester

• Mike.Scharnow
    Mike.Scharnow
    157 Posts

‏2013-07-03T08:40:27Z  
    • jester76
    • ‏2013-07-03T05:31:17Z

I just tested my understanding and it works as expected.

The calculations are carried out from left to right and top to bottom. With this expectation you can have any number of DXL attributes in a module.

Thanks for your help.

Jester

Hm, my last post did not go through.. I'll try again...

I am not sure whether this is the complete answer.

on the one hand, if the order on the screen really was important (left to right) then remember that any user can move columns in a view anywhere he wants - which would invalidate your calculation.

On the other hand, I just created mutually dependend DXL Attributes
    a1: obj.attrDXLName = obj."a2" "1"
    a2: obj.attrDXLName = obj."a1" "2"

After some tenths of seconds, DOORS crashed, as expected, which means that during evaluation of a1, DOORS detects that  a2 needs to be evaluated and vica versa - resulting in an endless loop.

If your answer was fully correct, "a1" would be eval'd to "1" and then "a2" to "12".

So my guess is that the left to right order is not important in DXL attributes.
    and how did you test the "top to bottom" order?

(did not use DWA but classic client for testing this)

• octavianstanescu
    octavianstanescu
    5 Posts

‏2013-07-04T00:49:17Z  

I also found out that triggers are bypassed while in DWA editing mode.

We have triggers set on an enumerated attribute, that based on the value selected, displays a small dialog box for aditional user inputs.

However in DWA editing mode, nothing happens, just the attribute gets changed as if no trigger was watching.

• llandale
    llandale
    2972 Posts

‏2013-07-08T19:32:41Z  

Ok, here is what I found out about Attr-DXL in DWA.

• DWA startup defines a "doors.exe" instance in some kind of "interop" mode. This "doors.exe" runs and determines the output DWA displays.
    • Attr-Dxl run in DWA
    • #include files work.
    • Relative #include files are based on the "addins" variable on the DWA server (typically also the DOORS server). 
    • Some native include files are NOT loaded.  Not sure if it is the same set not loaded in Batch mode.  This matters if you figure to "illegally" make use of certain non-documented functions like "fnMiniExplorer()" or "getSelectedItems()"

So if your attr-DXL uses relative #include statements, your DWA server likewise must be setup to point to the DXL.  You can test it by using DOORS manually on the DWA server, open the modules and see if the attr-DXL work.

Yes, triggers do NOT run in DWA and I see no evidence of any exceptions.  This matters quite a bit if you have some pre-attr-save triggers to protect some data values.

-Louie