Pinned topic Welcome to the IBM Runbook Automation Development Community Forum

‏2016-01-28T17:17:43Z |
Updated on 2016-01-28T18:19:27Z at 2016-01-28T18:19:27Z by DevAmbasna
  • MattMarkie
    MattMarkie
    1 Post

SaaS Support FAQs

‏2016-06-17T18:58:11Z  

Q What maintenance and support does the subscription cover?
    A The subscription covers support coverage 24 hours per day x 7 days per week x 365 days per year, data backups and restores, monitoring and patching. 

Q What if IBM Marketplace is unavailable? How will the customer's service be provided?
    A The customer's service is hosted on the SoftLayer platform, not IBM Marketplace. This means the customer could get to an existing trial or their paid subscription, even if IBM Marketplace is unavailable. 

Q For the services that include agent code, where would a client get the agent code and or updates?
    A As a part of the registration process, try and buy customers will be presented with the download options. 

Q How does a client receive support for their trial? 

A We have created the IBM Runbook Automation Forum for the trial & subscribed users to both ask questions about the use and share their experiences with the technology; these forums are monitored by the support and development teams to assure timely answers to client questions.  We  also offer the  Knowledge Center for service documentation. For Trials users, we an email address, info@ibmserviceengage.com that is monitored M-F 8am - 5pm et. for best effort response and resolution to your questions. 

Q The client requested a Trial, but did not finish their test. Can they have additional time for the trial?
    A The trial is available for 30 days. After that period the trial is suspended and kept for an additional 60 days. During this period, the client can still convert their trial to a purchased subscription, restoring all the definitions they created for the trial. 

Q What if the client likes the trial and decides to buy? What will they need to do?
    A IBM Marketplace, the client should click on Purchase for the desired offering. Sign in with their IBM ID (there is no need to register again); select what offering they want to purchase, quantity, subscription plan, payment option, read and accept the terms and conditions, enter billing information and confirm purchase. The client will receive a confirmation email and then further instructions on how to access service. 

Q How does a client receive support for their purchased offerings?
    A When the client receives the email to establish their service, IBM will include in the Welcome Kit an overview of the Support options available, which include the Forum, the
    Knowledge Center and access to our IBM Support Portal The Support Portal allows clients to create and review their service requests,  and chat with support. IBM encourages the use of these technologies to engage support and know we reserve the telephone access for truly system down situations. The use of these technologies allows us to engage the most appropriate resource to resolve the client's question/concerns in a timely fashion. 

Q How does a subscribed client escalate a Support Request?  

A If a subscribed client wishes to pursue a particular concern regarding an open support case  and 'request additional assistance'  or contact the SaaS Support team ask to speak the Customer Support Representative's manager - escalations to an IBM Support Manager will receive prompt attention.

Q What are the times when the services may be unavailable due to maintenance or upgrades?
    A Our standard maintenance times are planned approximately every 2 weeks in a window from 10:00 PM Saturday through 4:00 AM Sunday, Eastern US Time. The dates for the remainder of 2018 as J April 21, May 5, May 19, June 9, June 23, July 14, July 28, August 11, August 25, September 8, September 22, October 6, October 20, November 3, November 18, December 1 and December 15. The freeze dates for year end 2018 are tentatively December 17- January 1, 2019.    Each offering may choose to use all, some, or none of the planned maintenance windows, and the offerings will publish outages on their forum. Please subscribe (under Following Actions) on the forum for your service to learn more about any specific maintenance windows. For clients that choose to 'opt in' for notifications, we attempt to provide proactive email notification to customers 7-10 days prior to the scheduled maintenance window.

To receive proactive notifications, users must send an email to info@ibmserviceengage.com and request must include your account name, service name, contact name, contact email address for notifications and 'I consent to Support using this information for service notifications'

Updated on 2018-05-18T16:07:09Z at 2018-05-18T16:07:09Z by MattMarkie
  • umeshchourasia
    umeshchourasia
    3 Posts

Re: Welcome to the IBM Runbook Automation Development Community Forum

‏2016-07-07T11:48:43Z  

Hi,

I am working on a Runbook POC using trial version and its installed in bluemix. In order to execute script using IBM Runbook, I have installed 'IBM Hybrid Cloud Connector' and 'IBM Workload Automation Agent' on one of the server and Configured target server SSH and target user for IBM Workload Automation Agent, as per steps mentioned in url - http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSZQDR/com.ibm.rba.doc/CC_configTWA.html

But when i'm running one of the runbook (with shell script), its giving following error -

"ARBR724E Unable to create Automation Instance: ARBA0600E - Could not find credentials for target '<my target server>' in TWA credential store. Support ID: 3a325077-593c-463f-466a-1113e8b85c35 "

Please suggest, if any other configuration needs to be done to fix this error.

Thanks,

Umesh.

• Jonathan Rabe
    Jonathan Rabe
    4 Posts

‏2016-07-08T13:41:46Z  

Hi,

I am working on a Runbook POC using trial version and its installed in bluemix. In order to execute script using IBM Runbook, I have installed 'IBM Hybrid Cloud Connector' and 'IBM Workload Automation Agent' on one of the server and Configured target server SSH and target user for IBM Workload Automation Agent, as per steps mentioned in url - http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSZQDR/com.ibm.rba.doc/CC_configTWA.html

But when i'm running one of the runbook (with shell script), its giving following error -

"ARBR724E Unable to create Automation Instance: ARBA0600E - Could not find credentials for target '<my target server>' in TWA credential store. Support ID: 3a325077-593c-463f-466a-1113e8b85c35 "

Please suggest, if any other configuration needs to be done to fix this error.

Thanks,

Umesh.

Hi Umesh,

the error message and the service log indicate, that 'IBM Hybrid Cloud Connector' and 'IBM Workload Automation Agent' both are installed properly and are responding. However the credentials for the back-end system to execute your script are not found on the IBM Workload Automation Agent. Please use this guide to add these credentials: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSZQDR/com.ibm.rba.doc/CT_addgenericcred.html

When following the guide please make sure to

• only replace TARGET_HOSTNAME with the hostname of the back-end system, TARGET_USERNAME with the username which is used for ssh login and TARGET_PASSWORD with the password which is used for ssh login
    • use the exact same hostname to identify the back-end system as you later use in IBM Runbook Automation, even if there are multiple hostnames pointing to the same back-end system.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

• umeshchourasia
    umeshchourasia
    3 Posts

‏2016-07-09T11:27:20Z  

Hi Umesh,

the error message and the service log indicate, that 'IBM Hybrid Cloud Connector' and 'IBM Workload Automation Agent' both are installed properly and are responding. However the credentials for the back-end system to execute your script are not found on the IBM Workload Automation Agent. Please use this guide to add these credentials: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSZQDR/com.ibm.rba.doc/CT_addgenericcred.html

• only replace TARGET_HOSTNAME with the hostname of the back-end system, TARGET_USERNAME with the username which is used for ssh login and TARGET_PASSWORD with the password which is used for ssh login
    • use the exact same hostname to identify the back-end system as you later use in IBM Runbook Automation, even if there are multiple hostnames pointing to the same back-end system.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan!!

I am able to connect and execute script on Remote server using IBM Runbook now.

Regards,

Umesh.

• umeshchourasia
    umeshchourasia
    3 Posts

‏2016-07-26T06:59:55Z  

Hi Umesh,

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

With IBM Runbook, is it possible to address following scenario's -

1. Is it possible using one IBM RBA instance account to manage automation in multiple data Center(s) (across different softlayer environment).
    2. Can we install TWA and Cloud connector agent(s) independently on one of the Server in each data Center and perform automation activity using Single RBA instance?
    3. How RBA can be used for managing Cloud Foundry Applications on Bluemix, if there is no Virtual machine available to install RBA agents?
    4. Is there any functionality to execute Rubooks from RBA image, without installing Cloud Connector and Workload Automation agents?

Thanks,
    Umesh.

• ContiMWgroup
    ContiMWgroup
    4 Posts

‏2017-11-03T02:42:50Z  

Hi,

We have an IBM develop tool which is CommandInterpreter.sh which will connect to client by SSH which works fine. However when creating a simple automation task on Runbook does not seem to be user friendly.

Running the task would do nothing but run it without you knowing what the result was or if it went successful or not. I have also tried it using SSH command and seemed to be working on server side. I ran the SSH to call the script on the client and get the result locally but this doesn't worked well with runbook UI.

Do you know how can I make this work?

• JoachimWeber
    JoachimWeber
    2 Posts

‏2017-11-03T09:17:33Z  

Hi,

We have an IBM develop tool which is CommandInterpreter.sh which will connect to client by SSH which works fine. However when creating a simple automation task on Runbook does not seem to be user friendly.

Running the task would do nothing but run it without you knowing what the result was or if it went successful or not. I have also tried it using SSH command and seemed to be working on server side. I ran the SSH to call the script on the client and get the result locally but this doesn't worked well with runbook UI.

Do you know how can I make this work?

Hi,

when using a script automation, the output (stdout) of the script will be displayed. If the return code of the script is 0, the status "Successful" is shown, otherwise status "Unsuccessful" is shown. For semi-automated runbooks, the result is displayed immediately after execution. For fully automated runbooks, you can view the result in the runbook history.

What scenario are you currently doing? Semi- or fully-automated runbook? Where do you search for the result and success and don't find it?

Kind regards

Joachim Weber

• ContiMWgroup
    ContiMWgroup
    4 Posts

‏2017-11-06T01:24:34Z  

Hi,

when using a script automation, the output (stdout) of the script will be displayed. If the return code of the script is 0, the status "Successful" is shown, otherwise status "Unsuccessful" is shown. For semi-automated runbooks, the result is displayed immediately after execution. For fully automated runbooks, you can view the result in the runbook history.

What scenario are you currently doing? Semi- or fully-automated runbook? Where do you search for the result and success and don't find it?

Kind regards

Joachim Weber

Hello Joachim,

Thank you for the reply.

I want to start with semi-automated Runbook in 1 single step with 1 single command as a starting point. Sooner I will be adding more command on the script to cater more steps in Runbook.

Yes, in the server I can see the result of my command and for sure the status 0(this is Unix return command for successful).

You can see the scenario on my attached file.

• JoachimWeber
    JoachimWeber
    2 Posts

‏2017-11-09T09:19:43Z  

Hello Joachim,

Thank you for the reply.

I want to start with semi-automated Runbook in 1 single step with 1 single command as a starting point. Sooner I will be adding more command on the script to cater more steps in Runbook.

Yes, in the server I can see the result of my command and for sure the status 0(this is Unix return command for successful).

You can see the scenario on my attached file.

Hi,

let me try to describe your problem in my words in order to ensure that I understand it correctly:

After you click on "Test SSH => Run", you don't get any feedback: nothing is displayed in runbook automation - neither the output nor the success indicator.

The screen shot that you attached is what you expect to see (and not what you actually saw)

Is this correct?

Please see the attached image - this is how it should look like.

If you don't see any feedback, we should continue debugging if the script has been actually invoked?

E.g. could you please add a command like "touch /tmp/proofofexecution.txt" into your automation script and re-run the automation + let me know if the automation has been actually called.

• ContiMWgroup
    ContiMWgroup
    4 Posts

‏2018-01-29T03:19:45Z  

Hello Joachim,

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't got successful return on UI. I use scp command to transfer file. If you transfer a small size file it is okay. I try to transfer 72MB of file and the UI hangs/failed to respond even in reality when you login and check on the server side, the file was already transferred but on UI is still loading and cannot proceed on the next step.

• Jonathan Rabe
    Jonathan Rabe
    4 Posts

‏2018-01-29T16:51:51Z  

Hello Joachim,

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't got successful return on UI. I use scp command to transfer file. If you transfer a small size file it is okay. I try to transfer 72MB of file and the UI hangs/failed to respond even in reality when you login and check on the server side, the file was already transferred but on UI is still loading and cannot proceed on the next step.

Hi,

so far I was not able to reproduce the behavior you see even with a bigger file of 1 GB via SCP. For further investigation please use the log collection tool described here https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSZQDR/com.ibm.rba.doc/LD_probleminforba.html

Open a ticket using the link provided in MattMarkies post above and attach the gathered log archive.
    Please be aware that RBA by default stores logs for up to three days only, so you might have to reproduce the issue to make sure it is included in the logs. Other than this please add information on the browser you are using.

Also please try to pause the Runbook and then resume it after the SCP command finished and let us know whether this changed the displayed automation status. This information helps to determine whether the issue is to be found in the frontend or in the backend.

Kind regards

Jonathan

• ContiMWgroup
    ContiMWgroup
    4 Posts

‏2018-01-30T11:54:25Z  

Hi,

so far I was not able to reproduce the behavior you see even with a bigger file of 1 GB via SCP. For further investigation please use the log collection tool described here https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSZQDR/com.ibm.rba.doc/LD_probleminforba.html

Open a ticket using the link provided in MattMarkies post above and attach the gathered log archive.
    Please be aware that RBA by default stores logs for up to three days only, so you might have to reproduce the issue to make sure it is included in the logs. Other than this please add information on the browser you are using.

Also please try to pause the Runbook and then resume it after the SCP command finished and let us know whether this changed the displayed automation status. This information helps to determine whether the issue is to be found in the frontend or in the backend.

Kind regards

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply.

Apparently the pause does not work.

Also on the server I can only see "db2" named directory under /opt/ibm/ as we are using RBA cloud, please correct me if I'm wrong. Luckily I have created a case on IBM support page platform with

Case Number:  TS000102174

• Jonathan Rabe
    Jonathan Rabe
    4 Posts

‏2018-02-14T13:02:37Z  

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply.

Apparently the pause does not work.

Also on the server I can only see "db2" named directory under /opt/ibm/ as we are using RBA cloud, please correct me if I'm wrong. Luckily I have created a case on IBM support page platform with

Case Number:  TS000102174

Hi,

I have been able to reproduce this issue when using Internet Explorer. There seems to be a general problem with the correct display of long-running automations on Internet Explorer.

Did you actually use Internet Explorer? Can you try a different browser (ideally Firefox or Chrome) and see whether this resolves the issue for you?

Kind regards

Jonathan