Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-09T13:21:13Z by mburati
Deepak_WPF
Deepak_WPF
1 Post

Pinned topic com.bowstreet.profiles.ProfileException: An exception was encountered while trying to lock profile set , pn WPF version 6.0.1

‏2013-12-09T13:12:55Z |

Hi,

We are having a very critical (sev-1) issue in WPF area.  We are using a tool called MDBT which runs on the integrated environment of WPS 6 (Web sphere Process Server), WBM (Websphere Business Modeler) RSA 6 and WID 6.  The MDBT tool is nothing but some set of plug-ins who takes some xml files (created via WBM) as inputs and generates codes for java , and WPF .model files of 6.0.1 specific  which get deployed in WPS 6. 

The application was stable for a long time and it is deployed in a clustered environment. but its been a week that we are facing some unexpected issues related to our application. We thought to restart the server which usually resolve our issue , but this time not. We also  un-install the ear.  The log-in page came successfully. But when we pressed the log-in button , we see  some errors.

Priority: ERROR
Msg:      Component:     SERVER
com.bowstreet.profiles.ProfileException: An exception was encountered while trying to lock profile set "com.bowstreet.profileset.SimpleLocaleValues.pset" : Permission denied
    at com.bowstreet.profiles.FileStorageHandler.acquireLock(FileStorageHandler.java:125)
    at com.bowstreet.profiles.FileStorageHandler.readProfileSet(FileStorageHandler.java:766)
    at com.bowstreet.profiles.FileStorageHandler.addProfileSetToCache(FileStorageHandler.java:1195)
    at com.bowstreet.profiles.FileStorageHandler.getProfileSet(FileStorageHandler.java:1168)
    at com.bowstreet.profiles.FileStorageHandler.readProfileSet(FileStorageHandler.java:240)
    at com.bowstreet.profiles.ProfileSetStorageManager.getProfileSet(ProfileSetStorageManager.java:186)
    at com.bowstreet.factory.model.implementation.XmlSourceModel.isRuntimeEntry(XmlSourceModel.java:698)
    at com.bowstreet.factory.model.implementation.XmlSourceModel.buildProfileSetNames(XmlSourceModel.java:623)
    at com.bowstreet.factory.model.implementation.XmlSourceModel.getProfileSetNames(XmlSourceModel.java:182)
    at com.bowstreet.generation.implementation.CachingGenerator.generate(CachingGenerator.java:39)
    at com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.WebAppRequestRunner.getGenContainer(WebAppRequestRunner.java:759)
    at com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.WebAppRequestRunner.getWebApp(WebAppRequestRunner.java:723)
    at com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.WebAppRequestRunner.getWebApp(WebAppRequestRunner.java:688)
    at com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.WebAppRequestRunner.<init>(WebAppRequestRunner.java:181)
    at com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.WebAppRequestRunner.<init>(WebAppRequestRunner.java:261)
    at com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.WebAppAccessImpl.getLinkedModelInstance(WebAppAccessImpl.java:604)

I am attaching a complete issue log as pdf file , attached to this note. Please suggest.

• mburati
    mburati
    2568 Posts

Re: com.bowstreet.profiles.ProfileException: An exception was encountered while trying to lock profile set , pn WPF version 6.0.1

‏2013-12-09T13:21:13Z  

This "discussion" forum is more for WEF developers to share questions and answers while developing applications with Web Experience Factory and is not an actively staffed and monitored "support" forum, so for any blocking production issues I suggest contacting customer support and opening an official PMR.

That said, WPF 6.0.1 is very old and I believe may have gone end of service a long time ago.  It would be good to get on a more recent release with the additional fixes and security enhancements made since 6.0.1.

A permissions error accessing a file sounds like something changed in the environment, so that's where I would suggest looking first (what's different in the OS and/or cluster configuration and environment than when it was working).

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.