Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-11-04T10:29:25Z by VolkerFriedrich
Robertc65
Robertc65
15 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Exception Scheduling

‏2013-10-22T18:57:04Z |

We have several jobs that are scheduled to run either daily or weekly, however when there is a holiday or other exception to the normal schedule there needs to be manual intervention in order to stop jobs from running. The process we follow now is to remove the pending jobs and then resubmit them with a new time and date.
We typically know at the beginning of the year when the Schedule exceptions are going to occurr.
I have used other products in which the Schedule Utilty is able to handle exceptions.
Is there a way to handle schedule exceptions in C:D? I have read through the documentation and so far I have not found this topic addressed.

Thank you in advance

Rob

• VolkerFriedrich
    VolkerFriedrich
    156 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Exception Scheduling

‏2013-11-04T10:29:25Z  in response to Robertc65

C:D only provides basic scheduling.

If you need a more flexible and sophisticated solution, I recommend to use the Windows built-in Task Scheduler or use a 3rd-party schedulre. Create a scheduled task that calls the CLI to submit your process file at the date and time when needed. You can also disable a scheduled tasks or run it manually, if needed.