2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-08-14T16:10:42Z by cwoliveira
cwoliveira
cwoliveira
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Issues adding a second file system volume - ext3 and ext4 types

‏2014-02-14T21:13:10Z |

Hello,

I am creating a second file system volume under a existing resource manager.

It is configured with the default "value_not_set" volume with mount point set to "/products/cmee/01". My goal is create a second volume with mount point set to "/products/cmee/02".

We noticed that Client Admin tool is displaying only "ext3" filesystems on Devices dropdown for new file system volume. The server has both "ext3" and "ext4" mounted file systems (all with same owner and rw permissions) and the devices dropdown displays only the "ext3" devices.

We confirmed this behavior also on production server (also configured only with the initial "value_not_set", mount point to "/products/cmee/01"). Since production server has only "ext4" file systems, the Admin Client is displaying a empty Devices dropdown.

We have no functional issues with "ext4" file system, since the existing "value_not_set" volume is pointed to a "ext4" mount point.

I am attaching the mount output (ext3 and ext4) on the CM8-RM server and the Admin Client devices dropdown image. Again, CM8 Admin Client is displaying on devices dropdown exactly only the ext3 file systems.

I have as workaround to export the XML of  default "value_not_set" volume, change the XML values and import it to create the new volume, but I expect to clarify why Admin Client dropdown behave this way.

This is the system summary:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 (Santiago)

CMEE 8.4.3 Fixpack 3

WAS 7.0.0.29

DB2 9.7.0.7

Did someone have similar issue ?

Thanks,

Carlos.

Updated on 2014-02-14T21:30:55Z at 2014-02-14T21:30:55Z by cwoliveira
  • cwoliveira
    cwoliveira
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Issues adding a second file system volume - ext3 and ext4 types

‏2014-02-18T11:27:56Z  in response to cwoliveira

Sharing latest update, IBM Support confirmed that there is no support on CM8 Resource Manager for ext4 file systems.

Currently there is support only for ext2 and ext3 file systems, and IBM will publish a technote with this information.

In order to achieve ext4 support, a product enhancement would be required.

Regards,

Carlos.

• cwoliveira
    cwoliveira
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Issues adding a second file system volume - ext3 and ext4 types

‏2014-08-14T16:10:42Z  in response to cwoliveira

Sharing the published Technote about this:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21665283

Regards.