Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-14T23:14:29Z by Robin500
FTDS
FTDS
9 Posts

Pinned topic Personal PLI

‏2011-09-30T07:59:59Z |
noted compiler compiles, links, and runs the Hello program just fine. If I declare a few variables and print them using the
PUT EDIT syntax, it works just fine. I have a simple mainframe program which reads a disk file, checks for an out of sort
condition, and prints the out of sort record if it finds one. The program, as I have it set up, compiles and links just fine. When
I run it from the command line, using  C:\ SET DD:INPUT=C:\X9511XX.JUN TEST2.EXE, all I get is a repeat of the run
command, no error, no indication that ir ran, just a repeat of the run command. If I leave the DD statement off, it complains
of an undefined input file. If I use an erroneous disk file name, it does not acknowledge a bad file name, it just repeats the
command line. Its as though it does not read past SET DD, but complains if SET DD is not there. Looks like some sort of
an I/O problem. Any ideas?.

Updated on 2012-12-14T23:14:29Z at 2012-12-14T23:14:29Z by Robin500
  • FTDS
    FTDS
    9 Posts

Re: Personal PLI

‏2011-10-04T21:22:48Z  
    Thank you to anyone who has given thought to the above I/O problem. I have discovered thru trial and error
    that Personal PLI does not recognize the SET DD statement on the command line. The input data file has
    to be defined in the TITLE option of the OPEN statement. If anyone knows how to get Personal PLI to accept
    the SET DD statement on the command line, please let me know. Its much more convenient to define the
    input and output files external to the source.  
  • FTDS
    FTDS
    9 Posts

‏2011-10-07T04:56:24Z  
  • Robin500
    Robin500
    8 Posts

‏2012-12-14T23:14:29Z  
    • FTDS
    • ‏2011-10-04T21:22:48Z
    Thank you to anyone who has given thought to the above I/O problem. I have discovered thru trial and error
    that Personal PLI does not recognize the SET DD statement on the command line. The input data file has
    to be defined in the TITLE option of the OPEN statement. If anyone knows how to get Personal PLI to accept
    the SET DD statement on the command line, please let me know. Its much more convenient to define the
    input and output files external to the source.  
     The SET DD command is normally given by itself.
     It is then in effect for the entire session.
    AFIK, you don't give the execute command on the same line as the SET DD command.
    (If it is given, it becomes part of the DD command, which is useless.  You can view
    what you have set by typing 'SET' and CR.)

If you do not use a SET DD command, you can specify all the file parameters in the OPEN
    statement, in the TITLE option.