Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-21T19:51:09Z by LehmansSystemsAdministrator
LehmansSystemsAdministrator
2 Posts

Pinned topic ServerGuide ISO file read error when remote mounted

‏2013-08-19T17:36:24Z |

I downloaded the latest ServerGuide ISO (9.40 for Windows 2008 R2 x64) and remotely mounted it via the Remote Console.  I was able to boot from that OK, but when it got to the step where it would copy drivers it would fail with this message:

Title: IBM ServerGuide - Critical Error

Message: Internal system error.  The following errors occurred: ServerGuide is unable to copy a file from the CD.  The CD may be damaged or require cleaning.

Once that message appeared the ServerGuide would only show the "Exit" button as enabled, and I would have to start the install over again.  I tried multiple times but they all failed with the same error.  I ended up burning the ISO to a DVD and booting from that, which worked just fine, so I know the ISO can't be faulty.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

djz

• gez
    gez
    275 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ServerGuide ISO file read error when remote mounted

‏2013-08-20T13:29:44Z  

Where are you mounting the image to, the media tray or the blade itself?  Has the other been tried?

Does this happen to only one blade? 

Have you tried a different browser other than Chrome?

• gez
    gez
    275 Posts

‏2013-08-20T13:29:44Z  

Where are you mounting the image to, the media tray or the blade itself?  Has the other been tried?

• LehmansSystemsAdministrator
    2 Posts

‏2013-08-21T19:51:09Z  
    • gez
    • ‏2013-08-20T13:29:44Z

Thanks for the reply gez.

• Not sure what you mean re: mounting the image to the media tray.  It was mounted to the specific blade server I was working on.
    • I haven't tried it on more than one blade.  I don't have any other blades that need setup at this time.
    • I didn't try a different browser, but that is a good idea, which I will try to remember for next time.

-djz-