• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-05-18T09:47:46Z by damorris
nicolas.leralle
nicolas.leralle
100 Posts

Pinned topic [P8 5.2] Recycle bin

‏2013-07-01T13:26:08Z |
Hi.

There are new features in IBM FileNet Content Manager V5.2.0, such as Recycle Bin. Yet, this feature is not usable from within IBM FileNet WorkPlace XT or IBM Content Navigator, which are the two user interface modules provided with FileNet Content Manager V5.2.

Have you any clue about the moment these functionnality will be implemented in ICN (as I know, WorkplaceXT won't have any new functionnality). I'm not asking for a release date, but more for a release number (next one... or later).

Best regards,

Nicolas

• damorris
    damorris
    785 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: [P8 5.2] Recycle bin

‏2013-07-01T13:42:42Z  

The new features in P8 5.2 are on the requirements backlog for future releases.  A few of the socially oriented features are targeted at the next release of ICN later this year.

These new features have documented API's so if you really wanted to use them you could do so in a plugin.

• damorris
    damorris
    785 Posts

‏2013-07-01T13:42:42Z  

The new features in P8 5.2 are on the requirements backlog for future releases.  A few of the socially oriented features are targeted at the next release of ICN later this year.

These new features have documented API's so if you really wanted to use them you could do so in a plugin.

• nicolas.leralle
    nicolas.leralle
    100 Posts

‏2013-07-01T13:47:21Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-07-01T13:42:42Z

Hi dana,

Thanks for the answer. My customer wants to have this function available, but as he prefers standard functionnality, I think we will wait until ICN offers it.

Best regards,

Nicolas

• Jarrod_Nash
    Jarrod_Nash
    1 Post

‏2014-01-29T19:34:59Z  

Hi dana,

Thanks for the answer. My customer wants to have this function available, but as he prefers standard functionnality, I think we will wait until ICN offers it.

Best regards,

Nicolas

There is another alternative available, SmartRecovery for FileNet from CYA Solutions Group.

SmartRecovery offers the ability to perform recoveries down to the granular level, be one or a thousand objects, all while the FileNet object store remains online and fully available to other users.

It recovers objects to their original states, recovers content and metadata and works seamlessly with existing disaster recovery / backup solutions to allow hot system backups to be taken.

It also maintains compliance with retention policies and will automatically destroys content and metadata stored in it's backups to align with any policies set within Records Manager in FileNet.

It is very easy to deploy and, in the case of a physical system loss, can recover the object store to within 15 minutes of the loss taking place.

Regards,

Jarrod.

• Jonerock
    Jonerock
    23 Posts

‏2015-05-17T13:38:11Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-07-01T13:42:42Z

Hi Dana,

Which version of content navigator is supposed to have Recovery bin feature out of the box ?

• damorris
    damorris
    785 Posts

‏2015-05-18T09:47:46Z  
    • Jonerock
    • ‏2015-05-17T13:38:11Z

Hi Dana,

Which version of content navigator is supposed to have Recovery bin feature out of the box ?

Currently, Content Navigator does not support recovery bins.