Topic
  • 10 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-24T10:09:23Z by KBSri
KBSri
KBSri
104 Posts

Pinned topic I need to extract only the part of the module name if the folder name is "Sample"

‏2014-02-19T09:16:25Z |

Hi all,

I need to extract the part of the module name if the folder is "Sample"

E.g: Sample is the folder and it located in various projects.It has the module names as "FL_PAR_Sample_Req", "FL_VMC_Smaple_Req".

I need only the part of the module name.

The output string should be PAR and VMC.

Any help is appreciated.

• adevicq
    adevicq
    154 Posts

Re: I need to extract only the part of the module name if the folder name is "Sample"

‏2014-02-19T09:45:48Z  

Hi,

Try something like this:

Regexp r = regexp "FL_(.*)_Sample_Req"
    string s[] = {
    "FL_PAR_Sample_Req", 
    "FL_VMC_Sample_Req",
    "FL_PAR_xyz_Req"
    }

int i 
    for (i = 0; i < sizeof(s); ++i) {
    if (r s[i]) {
        print s[i] ":" s[i][match 1] "\n"
    }
    else
            print s[i] ":" "no match" "\n"

}

Regards

• KBSri
    KBSri
    104 Posts

Re: I need to extract only the part of the module name if the folder name is "Sample"

‏2014-02-19T09:47:55Z  
    • adevicq
    • ‏2014-02-19T09:45:48Z

Hi,

Try something like this:

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">Regexp r = regexp "FL_(.*)_Sample_Req" string s[] = { "FL_PAR_Sample_Req", "FL_VMC_Sample_Req", "FL_PAR_xyz_Req" } int i for (i = 0; i < sizeof(s); ++i) { if (r s[i]) { print s[i] ":" s[i][match 1] "\n" } else print s[i] ":" "no match" "\n" } </pre>

Regards

Thanks a ton :)

• KBSri
    KBSri
    104 Posts

‏2014-02-20T13:16:47Z  
    • KBSri
    • ‏2014-02-19T09:47:55Z

Thanks a ton :)

Hello,

I got stuck up here .The matched string is printing in the DXL window but i am not able to export to the EXCEL sheet for the specific array index.

nstats[2] = str_domain_name[idomain_name][match 1 is not holding the value consecutively.It is able to hold only the last index value.In this case domain is printing only "MP" as a matched one.

int idomain_name

string str_domain_name[] = {"FL_PAR_Sample_Req", "FL_VMC_Sample_Req","FL_MP_Sample_Req"}

if(domain == "Components")
                {
                    for (idomain_name = 0; idomain_name < sizeof(str_domain_name); idomain_name++)
                    {
                        if (re_component_domain_name str_domain_name[idomain_name])
                        {
                            print str_domain_name[idomain_name] ":" str_domain_name[idomain_name][match 1] "\n"
                            nstats[2] = str_domain_name[idomain_name][match 1]
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            print str_domain_name[idomain_name] ":" "No match!!" "\n"
                            //nstats[2] = domain
                        }
                    }
                }

Any help would be great

• adevicq
    adevicq
    154 Posts

‏2014-02-20T14:22:33Z  
    • KBSri
    • ‏2014-02-20T13:16:47Z

Hello,

I got stuck up here .The matched string is printing in the DXL window but i am not able to export to the EXCEL sheet for the specific array index.

nstats[2] = str_domain_name[idomain_name][match 1 is not holding the value consecutively.It is able to hold only the last index value.In this case domain is printing only "MP" as a matched one.

int idomain_name

string str_domain_name[] = {"FL_PAR_Sample_Req", "FL_VMC_Sample_Req","FL_MP_Sample_Req"}

{
                    {
                        {
                            print str_domain_name[idomain_name] ":" str_domain_name[idomain_name][match 1] "\n"
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            //nstats[2] = domain
                        }
                    }
                }

Any help would be great

Hi,

If you do successively

nstat[2] = "a"
    nstat[2] = "b"
    nstat[2] = "c"

the value stored in nstat[2] will be "c". I don't know what you expect but if you want to store all the values you must have as many entries in your array as needed.

Alain

• KBSri
    KBSri
    104 Posts

‏2014-02-20T16:51:18Z  
    • adevicq
    • ‏2014-02-20T14:22:33Z

Hi,

If you do successively

<pre class="html dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="html" dir="ltr">nstat[2] = "a" nstat[2] = "b" nstat[2] = "c" </pre>

the value stored in nstat[2] will be "c". I don't know what you expect but if you want to store all the values you must have as many entries in your array as needed.

Alain

Exactly. It is storing the last value of the array index.

Can you please suggest me how to proceed in this case. My requirement is that all the matched values must be stored in the nstat[2]. Fo example: ACS,PAR,MP all the matched values should be stored in the nstats[2].

Please help me out.

• adevicq
    adevicq
    154 Posts

‏2014-02-20T16:54:21Z  
    • KBSri
    • ‏2014-02-20T16:51:18Z

Exactly. It is storing the last value of the array index.

Can you please suggest me how to proceed in this case. My requirement is that all the matched values must be stored in the nstat[2]. Fo example: ACS,PAR,MP all the matched values should be stored in the nstats[2].

Please help me out.

In this case you need to concatenate the values (with a separator; a comma for example):

nstat[2] = nstat[2] "," str_domain_name[idomain_name][match 1]

• KBSri
    KBSri
    104 Posts

‏2014-02-21T12:50:49Z  
    • adevicq
    • ‏2014-02-20T16:54:21Z

In this case you need to concatenate the values (with a separator; a comma for example):

nstat[2] = nstat[2] "," str_domain_name[idomain_name][match 1]

Yes i tried this.But in this case I am getting the 0,ACS,PAR,MP in the same EXCEL Value CELL.

• Mike.Scharnow
    Mike.Scharnow
    238 Posts

‏2014-02-21T13:34:23Z  
    • KBSri
    • ‏2014-02-21T12:50:49Z

Yes i tried this.But in this case I am getting the 0,ACS,PAR,MP in the same EXCEL Value CELL.

So, what do you want? Your code example does not contain anything about a connection to Excel.
    This totally depends on the way your "nstats" variable is evaluated later.

BR,
    Mike

• llandale
    llandale
    3035 Posts

‏2014-02-21T17:25:47Z  
    • KBSri
    • ‏2014-02-20T13:16:47Z

Hello,

int idomain_name

{
                    {
                        {
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            //nstats[2] = domain
                        }
                    }
                }

Any help would be great

Not sure exactly what is going on here, but if you declare at the top:

• string nstats[sizeof(str_domain_name)]

Then inside your loop you would use "idomain_name" instead of "2":

• nstats[idomain_name] = str_domain_name[idomain_name][match 1]

Exporting to Excel is a different matter.

-Louie

• KBSri
    KBSri
    104 Posts

‏2014-02-24T10:09:23Z  
    • llandale
    • ‏2014-02-21T17:25:47Z

Not sure exactly what is going on here, but if you declare at the top:

• string nstats[sizeof(str_domain_name)]

Then inside your loop you would use "idomain_name" instead of "2":

• nstats[idomain_name] = str_domain_name[idomain_name][match 1]

Exporting to Excel is a different matter.

-Louie

Nope Louie. I tried your suggestion too please suggest the alternative.

The problem is nstats[2] is already hardcoded.The value for the nstats[2] should contain the domain value.But the domain value here in this case is holding the latest of matched string i.e

I have attached the some part of the function code which needs to be evaluated later. Please suggest me the alternative in this case.

I am badly in need of help in this case.