Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-13T14:33:25Z by willschm
YorkLy
YorkLy
1 Post

Pinned topic Invalid and Missing Entitlement Certificate message with Redhat 6.1 and 6.2.

‏2013-03-01T02:56:24Z |
 Good day folks,  after installing the Redhat 6.1 and 6.2 Enterprise Edition,  getting the Invalid and Missing entitlement certificate message.   Do I need to do anything  with it?   Will my OS stop working after a number of days if I don't get some kind of certificate from redhat?

The older version of Redhat v5.x enterprise edition, I just need to enter the keys.   This is something new with Redhat 6.x.

Any suggestions.  Thanks.

York
Updated on 2013-03-13T14:33:25Z at 2013-03-13T14:33:25Z by willschm
  • willschm
    willschm
    46 Posts

Re: Invalid and Missing Entitlement Certificate message with Redhat 6.1 and 6.2.

‏2013-03-13T14:33:25Z  
     > The older version of Redhat v5.x enterprise edition, I just need to enter the keys.   This is something new with Redhat 6.x.

Did you get new keys for the RedHat 6.1 install?
     I'm not aware of anyone locally that deals with entitlements enough to know enough to be helpful, and this is definitely a grey area for me.  :-)

Per a bit of reading, it sounds like you should be able to do some amount of certificate management via the RedHat Network.   

> Will my OS stop working after a number of days if I don't get some kind of certificate from redhat?
    I'd expect the OS to continue 'working' but would not be surprised if an add-on (subscription) package would be disabled.   Really depends on what the certificates are for.

Thanks, 
    -Will