Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-13T14:17:13Z by randybrown
wxyzabc
wxyzabc
29 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Change the appearance in the Service Viewer.

‏2013-06-06T07:47:05Z |

Hi ,

Can we change the appearance in the Service Viewer.

As in the attachment a picture shows the appearance of a Service Viewer with SLAs and Total no. of events on that perticular service "2G Data_Service".
 So as the last row in the picture showing the total number of events on this serviceThis total number of events includs the events which are present with severity = 0 .
Is there any possibilty to show total number of events only with seveity > 0.

Need an urgent help.....please reply.

Thanks & Regards

wxyzabc

Attachments

Updated on 2013-06-07T06:02:23Z at 2013-06-07T06:02:23Z by wxyzabc
  • wxyzabc
    wxyzabc
    29 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Change the appearance in the Service Viewer.

‏2013-06-12T06:57:15Z  in response to wxyzabc

Hi ,

Can anyone please reply on the above scenario, as how to change to find total count of alerts with severity >0 only.

Thanks & Regards

wxyzabc

• randybrown
      randybrown
      54 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Change the appearance in the Service Viewer.

‏2013-06-13T14:17:13Z  in response to wxyzabc

Hi,

I did a little research and I think what you need was added to 6.1 when the IBM® Solutions for Business Service Management was introduced. This means you will need at least TBSM 6.1 Interim Fix 1 or preferably 6.1 Fixpack 1.

You can create a Numerical Formula rule on the same template that contains the incoming status rule that matches the events you are interested in. Let's call this rule "badevents". The expression for the formula rule would be:

int(incoming.NumEventsSevGE5)

where "incoming" is the name of the incoming status rule matching the events. "NumEventsSevGE5" will contain the count of events with Severity greater than or equal to 5 (Critical). You could also use "NumEventsSevGE3" for all marginal and bad events, or "NumEvents" for the total number of events.

Now you have a metric called "badevents" that you could map to an icon in a custom view definition. This would be better than trying to change the default Relationships view. You can also aggregate this metric (for example, sum or average) to a parent service if needed.

The one limitation I think this imposes is that the events counted in this way must all match the same incoming status rule. If your service is tagged with multiple templates or can be affected by events matching more than one incoming status rule, then I think you will need a more advanced technique. As long as all the incoming status rules are on the same template, you could just have the formula rule add all the rule event counts together to produce the value you need.

I hope this helps...

Randy Brown