Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-07-06T15:36:40Z by srinivasushekharappa
srinivasushekharappa
15 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Blades firmware update -BCH

‏2014-05-22T05:37:36Z |

Hi,

Is there any way to update all the blades firmware in BCH at a time... Update xpress can be used if OS is installed...

IMM & uEFI can be done with AMM at a time.... How to do all the codes to all the blades in single shot?

• gez
    gez
    275 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Blades firmware update -BCH

‏2014-05-22T19:33:19Z  in response to srinivasushekharappa

In the AMM under blade tasks -> firmware update, you can select multiple of the same type of blade.  You can then update the IMM or uefi to all selected blades at once.  NOTE:  blades must be the same machine type

• srinivasushekharappa
      15 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-05-23T15:28:58Z  in response to gez

I agree...but i wanted to do all the firware updates at a shot. Is there any way?

• gez
        gez
        275 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-05-27T12:21:14Z  in response to srinivasushekharappa

Bootable media creator is your best bet

http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?lndocid=tool-bomc

• srinivasushekharappa
          15 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-05-28T07:56:33Z  in response to gez

Thankyou Gez

• ballang
            ballang
            1 Post
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-07-02T11:18:28Z  in response to srinivasushekharappa

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue, I have over 2000 blades in over 200 chassis across our estate that periodically require full system firmware updates.  with the BOMC i can hit every update in one go, but it takes 20-30 minutes to run and I can only do one balde at a time through the remote console.  Thats roughly 6 hours to update a full chassis.  Thats crazy!!  I want to be able to select mulitple blades and hit them with a BOMC type update all at the same time much like you can do with the Uefi and IMM updates.

If anyone knows of any method where this is possible please let me know, its possible on HP!  Yet another area where HP Blade is far superior than IBM!