1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-04-24T06:27:48Z by aanoufal
JSOLDE
JSOLDE
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic TAM Upgrade from v6.0 to 6.1.1

‏2013-04-18T14:05:54Z |

Hi

my customer is upgrading TAM 6.0 to TAM 6.1.1. They are using SunOne LDAP. They have installed the new TAM 6.1.1 on new machines but using the same LDAP. Now they'd like to provision the TAM 6.1.1 LDAP branch with the info of their old version of TAM 6.0 they are using.

They'd like to know if there's any documented process from Tivoli to do so for a SunOne LDAP. Asking to IBM support we've been directed to the official documentation: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/topic/com.ibm.itame.doc_6.1.1/am611_upgrade.htm

But my customer says that it does not contain the info they are looking for. Is there any tool or documented process that could use my customer to do it?

In fact if we could guarantee that both LDAP branches for TAM 6.0 and 6.1.1 are equal, they they'd just copy the data from one branch to the other without fearing to loose any data.

Thanks in advance.

Jordi.

• aanoufal
    aanoufal
    10 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TAM Upgrade from v6.0 to 6.1.1

‏2013-04-24T06:27:48Z  in response to JSOLDE

Hi Jordi,

Can you be more specific. We can not host an LDAP server with the TAM info from two TAM setup unless both the setups are in the same domain(even in Policy Server HA, we only keep the primary up and running while the secondary is kept in a partially configured mode).

Cheers

Nowfal