Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-14T18:42:56Z by Pich
Pich
Pich
9 Posts

Pinned topic Unable to resolve bundles for subsystem/version/id

‏2013-10-22T16:01:16Z |

I am migrating a web app  from an old OSGi container to WLP. After solving many osgi issues, I am stuck with this error, after the WLP starts it appears the following: 

[ERROR   ] Unable to resolve bundles for subsystem/version/id my.application/1.0.0/130: [org.osgi.service.subsystem.region.context.130_1.0.0 [490], my.web_2.0.0 [546]]

I have no references to org.osgi.service.subsystem.region.context anywhere in my web app neither in the old container osgi console

How can i debug it or make it more verbose? Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

• Pich
    Pich
    9 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to resolve bundles for subsystem/version/id

‏2013-11-14T18:42:56Z  
    • Alasdair
    • ‏2013-10-31T22:06:52Z

The org.eclipse.osgi.* packages haven't been marked as a part of the product API as a result an OSGi application cannot make use of them.

They have been marked as part of the product SPI so you could use them from a Liberty feature.

I created a plugin project and included the emf jars in the bundle classpath and then exported them as needed. This apparently worked (I still have other errors but not related to this I think).

• jwross
    jwross
    2 Posts

‏2013-10-22T19:23:06Z  

The error message means that your web app (or subsystem) with symbolic name "my.application", version "1.0.0", and subsystem ID "130" failed to resolve at start time. It resolved at installation time, which means all of its required dependencies were present, but its bundles were unable to be resolved by the OSGi framework as part of the starting process. This is unusual, and indicates that either a required dependency somehow went away between installation and startup or, more likely, is not visible to the subsystem at runtime for some reason.

The comma-delimited list in brackets shows the bundles that were part of the resolve operation. The org.osgi.service.subsystem.region.context.130 bundle is automatically created by the OSGi Subsystem Service implementation as required by the specification (for more information, see the R5 Enterprise specification available at http://www.osgi.org/Download/HomePage). It has no requirements so the bundle that's not resolving is my.web.

You do not see these bundles in the console because they are isolated inside their own "region" by framework hooks. The console only shows bundles in the "root" or "kernel" region.

To discover why the my.web bundle is not resolving, I suggest you enable Equinox resolution tracing. Download the default options file from http://git.eclipse.org/c/equinox/rt.equinox.framework.git/plain/bundles/org.eclipse.osgi/.options?h=R3_8_maintenance. Set org.eclipse.osgi/resolver/wiring to true. In the bootstrap.properties file of your Liberty server, add osgi.debug=<path to options file>. You can see the resulting output in the console used to start the server or in messages.log. There will probably be a lot, so look for an entry that looks something like "WIRING for [my.web_2.0.0]". This should tell you what the missing dependencies are.

• Pich
    Pich
    9 Posts

‏2013-10-30T19:58:33Z  
    • jwross
    • ‏2013-10-22T19:23:06Z

The error message means that your web app (or subsystem) with symbolic name "my.application", version "1.0.0", and subsystem ID "130" failed to resolve at start time. It resolved at installation time, which means all of its required dependencies were present, but its bundles were unable to be resolved by the OSGi framework as part of the starting process. This is unusual, and indicates that either a required dependency somehow went away between installation and startup or, more likely, is not visible to the subsystem at runtime for some reason.

The comma-delimited list in brackets shows the bundles that were part of the resolve operation. The org.osgi.service.subsystem.region.context.130 bundle is automatically created by the OSGi Subsystem Service implementation as required by the specification (for more information, see the R5 Enterprise specification available at http://www.osgi.org/Download/HomePage). It has no requirements so the bundle that's not resolving is my.web.

You do not see these bundles in the console because they are isolated inside their own "region" by framework hooks. The console only shows bundles in the "root" or "kernel" region.

To discover why the my.web bundle is not resolving, I suggest you enable Equinox resolution tracing. Download the default options file from http://git.eclipse.org/c/equinox/rt.equinox.framework.git/plain/bundles/org.eclipse.osgi/.options?h=R3_8_maintenance. Set org.eclipse.osgi/resolver/wiring to true. In the bootstrap.properties file of your Liberty server, add osgi.debug=<path to options file>. You can see the resulting output in the console used to start the server or in messages.log. There will probably be a lot, so look for an entry that looks something like "WIRING for [my.web_2.0.0]". This should tell you what the missing dependencies are.

Turned on debug options, everything under my.web has a NULL, so I think that is the problem:

* WIRING for [my.web_2.0.0]
    (r) my.web_2.0.0 -> NULL!!!

(w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.el -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.servlet -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.servlet.annotation -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.servlet.http -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.servlet.jsp -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.servlet.jsp.el -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.servlet.jsp.tagext -> NULL!!!

(w) [my.web_2.0.0]:commonj.sdo -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.cim -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.faces.context -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.imageio -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.net.ssl -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.security.auth -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.security.auth.callback -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.security.auth.login -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.swing -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.swing.border -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.swing.event -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.swing.table -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.swing.tree -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.wbem -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.wbem.client -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.xml.parsers -> NULL!!!

(w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.fileupload -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.fileupload.disk -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet -> NULL!!!

(w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.logging -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.pool -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.pool.impl -> NULL!!!

(w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.common.notify -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.common.util -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.plugin -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.sdo -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.sdo.impl -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.util -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.higgins.rp.tokens -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.aop -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.beans.factory -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.beans.factory.config -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.beans.factory.xml -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.context.support -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.core -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.stereotype -> NULL!!!

(w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.web.bind.annotation -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.web.context -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.web.context.request -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.web.servlet -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.web.servlet.handler -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.web.servlet.view -> NULL!!!

(w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.w3c.dom -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.xml.sax -> NULL!!!
    ... more

However,  I have them all as a jar in the folder indicated by the bundleRepository tag (except packages from JDK). This is a little confusing, some of them are marked as not wired but  some of them are marked as wired correctly a little below on the log, so I don't know why it display them all as NULL, specially the WLP provided such as the JDK packages, also some are wired in springframework but not on my.web:

* WIRING for [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]
    (r) org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0 -> [com.ibm.db2.db2jcc_2.1.0.v20090605_2309]
    (r) org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0 -> [com.ibm.db2.db2jcc_license_cisuz_2.1.0.v20090605_2309]
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:javax.naming -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.naming
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:javax.naming.spi -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.naming.spi
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:javax.sql -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.sql
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:javax.transaction -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.transaction.1.1_1.0.1]:javax.transaction
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:javax.transaction.xa -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.transaction.1.1_1.0.1]:javax.transaction.xa
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp -> [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter -> [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources -> [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed -> [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.jocl -> [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.jocl
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.pool -> [org.apache.commons.pool_1.5.7]:org.apache.commons.pool
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.pool.impl -> [org.apache.commons.pool_1.5.7]:org.apache.commons.pool.impl
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.xml.sax -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:org.xml.sax
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.xml.sax.helpers -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:org.xml.sax.helpers

* WIRING for [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]
    (r) no requires
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.servlet -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.servlet.3.0_1.0.1]:javax.servlet
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.servlet.http -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.servlet.3.0_1.0.1]:javax.servlet.http
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.aopalliance.aop -> [com.springsource.org.aopalliance_1.0.0]:org.aopalliance.aop
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.aopalliance.intercept -> [com.springsource.org.aopalliance_1.0.0]:org.aopalliance.intercept
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.commons.logging -> [org.apache.commons.logging_1.1.1]:org.apache.commons.logging
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.aop.framework -> [org.springframework.aop_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.aop.framework
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.aop.support -> [org.springframework.aop_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.aop.support
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.access -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.access
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.access.el -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.access.el
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.config -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.config
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.support -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.support
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.xml -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.xml
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.propertyeditors -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.propertyeditors
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.access -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.access
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.annotation -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.annotation
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.i18n -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.i18n
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.support -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.support
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core -> [org.springframework.core_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.annotation -> [org.springframework.core_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.annotation
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.convert -> [org.springframework.core_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.convert
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.io -> [org.springframework.core_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.io
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.io.support -> [org.springframework.core_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.io.support
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.ui -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.ui
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.ui.context -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.ui.context
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.ui.context.support -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.ui.context.support
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.util -> [org.springframework.core_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.util
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.validation -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.validation
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.xml.sax -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:org.xml.sax
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.w3c.dom -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:org.w3c.dom
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting.support -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting.support
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting.soap -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting.soap
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting.rmi -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting.rmi
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.oxm -> [org.springframework.oxm_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.oxm
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.codehaus.jackson.type -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.codehaus.jackson.map.type -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.codehaus.jackson.map -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.codehaus.jackson -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.log4j -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.commons.httpclient.params -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.commons.httpclient -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet -> [org.apache.commons.fileupload_1.2.2.0]:org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.commons.fileupload.disk -> [org.apache.commons.fileupload_1.2.2.0]:org.apache.commons.fileupload.disk
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.commons.fileupload -> [org.apache.commons.fileupload_1.2.2.0]:org.apache.commons.fileupload
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.ws.soap -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.ws.soap
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.ws.handler -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.ws.handler
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.ws -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.ws
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.transform.stream -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.transform.stream
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.transform.sax -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.transform.sax
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.transform.dom -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.transform.dom
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.transform -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.transform
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.soap -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.soap
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.rpc.soap -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.rpc.server -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.rpc -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.namespace -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.namespace
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.bind.annotation -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.bind.annotation
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.bind -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.bind

(w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.servlet.jsp.tagext -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsp.2.2_1.0.0]:javax.servlet.jsp.tagext
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.servlet.jsp.el -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsp.2.2_1.0.0]:javax.servlet.jsp.el
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.servlet.jsp -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsp.2.2_1.0.0]:javax.servlet.jsp

(w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.portlet -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.jws -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.jws
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.imageio.stream -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.imageio.stream
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.imageio.metadata -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.imageio.metadata
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.imageio -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.imageio
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.faces.event -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsf.2.0_1.0.2]:javax.faces.event
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.faces.el -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsf.2.0_1.0.2]:javax.faces.el
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.faces.context -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsf.2.0_1.0.2]:javax.faces.context
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.faces.component -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsf.2.0_1.0.2]:javax.faces.component
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.faces.application -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsf.2.0_1.0.2]:javax.faces.application

(w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.el -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.el.2.2_1.0.2]:javax.el
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.activation -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.activation
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.sun.syndication.io -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.sun.syndication.feed.rss -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.sun.syndication.feed.atom -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.sun.syndication.feed -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.sun.net.httpserver -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.caucho.hessian.server -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.caucho.hessian.io -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.caucho.hessian.client -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.caucho.hessian -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.caucho.burlap.server -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.caucho.burlap.io -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.caucho.burlap.client -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)

* WIRING for [org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.3.R34x_v20081215-1030-RCP20120613-1500]
    (r) no requires
    (w) no imports

* WIRING for [org.apache.commons.pool_1.5.7]
    (r) org.apache.commons.pool_1.5.7 -> [com.ibm.db2.db2jcc_2.1.0.v20090605_2309]
    (r) org.apache.commons.pool_1.5.7 -> [com.ibm.db2.db2jcc_license_cisuz_2.1.0.v20090605_2309]
    (w) no imports

* WIRING for [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]
    (r) no requires
    (w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:javax.servlet.http -> NULL!!!
    (w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:javax.servlet -> NULL!!!

(w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:org.apache.commons.io -> NULL!!!
    (w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:org.apache.commons.io.output -> NULL!!!
    (w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:org.apache.commons.io.filefilter -> NULL!!!

(w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:javax.servlet.annotation -> NULL!!!
    (w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:org.apache.commons.io.comparator -> NULL!!!
    (w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:javax.servlet.descriptor -> NULL!!!
    (w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:org.apache.commons.io.input -> NULL!!!

* WIRING for [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.io.1.4_1.0.0]
    (r) no requires
    (w) no imports

BTW, These are the features I have enabled:

<featureManager>
            <feature>jsp-2.2</feature>
            <feature>localConnector-1.0</feature>
            <feature>jsf-2.0</feature>
            <feature>wab-1.0</feature>
            <feature>jndi-1.0</feature>
        </featureManager>

Do I have to add a feature? Put the jars in another place?

• jwross
    jwross
    2 Posts

‏2013-10-31T15:53:10Z  
    • Pich
    • ‏2013-10-30T19:58:33Z

Turned on debug options, everything under my.web has a NULL, so I think that is the problem:

* WIRING for [my.web_2.0.0]

(w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.el -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.servlet -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.servlet.annotation -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.servlet.http -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.servlet.jsp -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.servlet.jsp.el -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.servlet.jsp.tagext -> NULL!!!

(w) [my.web_2.0.0]:commonj.sdo -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.cim -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.faces.context -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.imageio -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.net.ssl -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.security.auth -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.security.auth.callback -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.security.auth.login -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.swing -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.swing.border -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.swing.event -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.swing.table -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.swing.tree -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.wbem -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.wbem.client -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:javax.xml.parsers -> NULL!!!

(w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.fileupload -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.fileupload.disk -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet -> NULL!!!

(w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.logging -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.pool -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.pool.impl -> NULL!!!

(w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.common.notify -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.common.util -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.plugin -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.sdo -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.sdo.impl -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.util -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.eclipse.higgins.rp.tokens -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.aop -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.beans.factory -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.beans.factory.config -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.beans.factory.xml -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.context.support -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.core -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.stereotype -> NULL!!!

(w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.web.bind.annotation -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.web.context -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.web.context.request -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.web.servlet -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.web.servlet.handler -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.springframework.web.servlet.view -> NULL!!!

(w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.w3c.dom -> NULL!!!
    (w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.xml.sax -> NULL!!!
    ... more

However,  I have them all as a jar in the folder indicated by the bundleRepository tag (except packages from JDK). This is a little confusing, some of them are marked as not wired but  some of them are marked as wired correctly a little below on the log, so I don't know why it display them all as NULL, specially the WLP provided such as the JDK packages, also some are wired in springframework but not on my.web:

* WIRING for [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]
    (r) org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0 -> [com.ibm.db2.db2jcc_2.1.0.v20090605_2309]
    (r) org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0 -> [com.ibm.db2.db2jcc_license_cisuz_2.1.0.v20090605_2309]
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:javax.naming -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.naming
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:javax.naming.spi -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.naming.spi
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:javax.sql -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.sql
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:javax.transaction -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.transaction.1.1_1.0.1]:javax.transaction
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:javax.transaction.xa -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.transaction.1.1_1.0.1]:javax.transaction.xa
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp -> [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter -> [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources -> [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed -> [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.dbcp.managed
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.jocl -> [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.jocl
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.pool -> [org.apache.commons.pool_1.5.7]:org.apache.commons.pool
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.apache.commons.pool.impl -> [org.apache.commons.pool_1.5.7]:org.apache.commons.pool.impl
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.xml.sax -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:org.xml.sax
    (w) [org.apache.commons.dbcp_1.4.0]:org.xml.sax.helpers -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:org.xml.sax.helpers

* WIRING for [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]
    (r) no requires
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.servlet -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.servlet.3.0_1.0.1]:javax.servlet
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.servlet.http -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.servlet.3.0_1.0.1]:javax.servlet.http
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.aopalliance.aop -> [com.springsource.org.aopalliance_1.0.0]:org.aopalliance.aop
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.aopalliance.intercept -> [com.springsource.org.aopalliance_1.0.0]:org.aopalliance.intercept
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.commons.logging -> [org.apache.commons.logging_1.1.1]:org.apache.commons.logging
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.aop.framework -> [org.springframework.aop_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.aop.framework
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.aop.support -> [org.springframework.aop_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.aop.support
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.access -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.access
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.access.el -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.access.el
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.config -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.config
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.support -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.support
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.xml -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.factory.xml
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.propertyeditors -> [org.springframework.beans_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.beans.propertyeditors
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.access -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.access
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.annotation -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.annotation
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.i18n -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.i18n
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.support -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.context.support
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core -> [org.springframework.core_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.annotation -> [org.springframework.core_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.annotation
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.convert -> [org.springframework.core_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.convert
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.io -> [org.springframework.core_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.io
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.io.support -> [org.springframework.core_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.core.io.support
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.ui -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.ui
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.ui.context -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.ui.context
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.ui.context.support -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.ui.context.support
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.util -> [org.springframework.core_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.util
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.validation -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.validation
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.xml.sax -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:org.xml.sax
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.w3c.dom -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:org.w3c.dom
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting.support -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting.support
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting.soap -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting.soap
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting.rmi -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting.rmi
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting -> [org.springframework.context_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.remoting
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.oxm -> [org.springframework.oxm_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.springframework.oxm
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.codehaus.jackson.type -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.codehaus.jackson.map.type -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.codehaus.jackson.map -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.codehaus.jackson -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.log4j -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.commons.httpclient.params -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.commons.httpclient -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet -> [org.apache.commons.fileupload_1.2.2.0]:org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.commons.fileupload.disk -> [org.apache.commons.fileupload_1.2.2.0]:org.apache.commons.fileupload.disk
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:org.apache.commons.fileupload -> [org.apache.commons.fileupload_1.2.2.0]:org.apache.commons.fileupload
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.ws.soap -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.ws.soap
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.ws.handler -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.ws.handler
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.ws -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.ws
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.transform.stream -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.transform.stream
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.transform.sax -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.transform.sax
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.transform.dom -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.transform.dom
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.transform -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.transform
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.soap -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.soap
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.rpc.soap -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.rpc.server -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.rpc -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.namespace -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.namespace
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.bind.annotation -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.bind.annotation
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.xml.bind -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.xml.bind

(w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.servlet.jsp.tagext -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsp.2.2_1.0.0]:javax.servlet.jsp.tagext
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.servlet.jsp.el -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsp.2.2_1.0.0]:javax.servlet.jsp.el
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.servlet.jsp -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsp.2.2_1.0.0]:javax.servlet.jsp

(w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.portlet -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.jws -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.jws
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.imageio.stream -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.imageio.stream
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.imageio.metadata -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.imageio.metadata
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.imageio -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.imageio
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.faces.event -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsf.2.0_1.0.2]:javax.faces.event
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.faces.el -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsf.2.0_1.0.2]:javax.faces.el
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.faces.context -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsf.2.0_1.0.2]:javax.faces.context
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.faces.component -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsf.2.0_1.0.2]:javax.faces.component
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.faces.application -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.jsf.2.0_1.0.2]:javax.faces.application

(w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.el -> [com.ibm.ws.javaee.el.2.2_1.0.2]:javax.el
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:javax.activation -> [org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2]:javax.activation
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.sun.syndication.io -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.sun.syndication.feed.rss -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.sun.syndication.feed.atom -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.sun.syndication.feed -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.sun.net.httpserver -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.caucho.hessian.server -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.caucho.hessian.io -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.caucho.hessian.client -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.caucho.hessian -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.caucho.burlap.server -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.caucho.burlap.io -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)
    (w) [org.springframework.web_3.0.5.RELEASE]:com.caucho.burlap.client -> OPTIONAL (could not be wired)

* WIRING for [org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.3.R34x_v20081215-1030-RCP20120613-1500]
    (r) no requires
    (w) no imports

* WIRING for [org.apache.commons.pool_1.5.7]
    (r) org.apache.commons.pool_1.5.7 -> [com.ibm.db2.db2jcc_2.1.0.v20090605_2309]
    (r) org.apache.commons.pool_1.5.7 -> [com.ibm.db2.db2jcc_license_cisuz_2.1.0.v20090605_2309]
    (w) no imports

* WIRING for [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]
    (r) no requires
    (w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:javax.servlet.http -> NULL!!!
    (w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:javax.servlet -> NULL!!!

(w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:org.apache.commons.io -> NULL!!!
    (w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:org.apache.commons.io.output -> NULL!!!
    (w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:org.apache.commons.io.filefilter -> NULL!!!

(w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:javax.servlet.annotation -> NULL!!!
    (w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:org.apache.commons.io.comparator -> NULL!!!
    (w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:javax.servlet.descriptor -> NULL!!!
    (w) [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1]:org.apache.commons.io.input -> NULL!!!

* WIRING for [com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.io.1.4_1.0.0]
    (r) no requires
    (w) no imports

BTW, These are the features I have enabled:

<featureManager>
            <feature>jsp-2.2</feature>
            <feature>localConnector-1.0</feature>
            <feature>jsf-2.0</feature>
            <feature>wab-1.0</feature>
            <feature>jndi-1.0</feature>
        </featureManager>

Do I have to add a feature? Put the jars in another place?

It looks like your my.web bundle is not resolving because one of its required dependencies is not resolving. In your output, com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1 is not resolving, and your bundle has a dependency on it ((w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.fileupload -> NULL!!!).

Guessing at your setup, I suspect you'll find bundle com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload in the kernel region and can, therefore, see it in the console. Try starting it manually via the console and see what error message you get.

Also, you can try enabling the following in your options file.

org.eclipse.osgi/resolver/uses = true
    org.eclipse.osgi/resolver/imports = true
    org.eclipse.osgi/resolver/requires = true

The first will output information about any uses constraint violations. The second will provide additional information on what's going on with package import resolution (the "(w)" in the output). The third will show what's going on with required bundles (the "(r)" in the output).

Attach the log here if you can. I suspect a uses constraint violation, but that might be wishful thinking.

• Pich
    Pich
    9 Posts

‏2013-10-31T20:56:49Z  
    • jwross
    • ‏2013-10-31T15:53:10Z

It looks like your my.web bundle is not resolving because one of its required dependencies is not resolving. In your output, com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload.1.2.1_1.0.1 is not resolving, and your bundle has a dependency on it ((w) [my.web_2.0.0]:org.apache.commons.fileupload -> NULL!!!).

Guessing at your setup, I suspect you'll find bundle com.ibm.ws.org.apache.commons.fileupload in the kernel region and can, therefore, see it in the console. Try starting it manually via the console and see what error message you get.

Also, you can try enabling the following in your options file.

org.eclipse.osgi/resolver/uses = true
    org.eclipse.osgi/resolver/imports = true
    org.eclipse.osgi/resolver/requires = true

The first will output information about any uses constraint violations. The second will provide additional information on what's going on with package import resolution (the "(w)" in the output). The third will show what's going on with required bundles (the "(r)" in the output).

Attach the log here if you can. I suspect a uses constraint violation, but that might be wishful thinking.

After playing with other debug variables I found something interesting, this error was occurring frequently:

[org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.3.R34x_v20081215-1030-RCP20120613-1500] is unresolvable

So I looked for it and found that at the very beginning it is resolved indeed, but with another version so I assume that one is provided by the WLP runtime and since it is singleton it does not allow mine to start up, now it make sense why everything is resolved but cannot be wired at runtime:

[org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2] RESOLVED

Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.osgi; singleton:=true

After I removed v3.4.3 from my plugins folder I remembered why I include it in the first place, I am getting the following error but now during the resolving phase and not while wiring:

[caused by: Unable to resolve org.eclipse.core.contenttype;3.3.0.v20080604-1400;osgi.bundle: missing requirement org.apache.aries.subsystem.obr.internal.FelixRequirementAdapter: namespace=osgi.wiring.package, attributes={}, directives={cardinality=single, filter=(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.osgi.util)(version>=1.0.0)), resolution=mandatory}, resource=org.eclipse.core.contenttype;3.3.0.v20080604-1400;osgi.bundle]]]]

Both versions have exported the same package version: org.eclipse.osgi.util;version="1.1". Why it does not resolve that package from v3.8.2?

• Alasdair
    Alasdair
    55 Posts

‏2013-10-31T22:06:52Z  
    • Pich
    • ‏2013-10-31T20:56:49Z

After playing with other debug variables I found something interesting, this error was occurring frequently:

[org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.3.R34x_v20081215-1030-RCP20120613-1500] is unresolvable

So I looked for it and found that at the very beginning it is resolved indeed, but with another version so I assume that one is provided by the WLP runtime and since it is singleton it does not allow mine to start up, now it make sense why everything is resolved but cannot be wired at runtime:

[org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2] RESOLVED

Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.osgi; singleton:=true

After I removed v3.4.3 from my plugins folder I remembered why I include it in the first place, I am getting the following error but now during the resolving phase and not while wiring:

[caused by: Unable to resolve org.eclipse.core.contenttype;3.3.0.v20080604-1400;osgi.bundle: missing requirement org.apache.aries.subsystem.obr.internal.FelixRequirementAdapter: namespace=osgi.wiring.package, attributes={}, directives={cardinality=single, filter=(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.osgi.util)(version>=1.0.0)), resolution=mandatory}, resource=org.eclipse.core.contenttype;3.3.0.v20080604-1400;osgi.bundle]]]]

Both versions have exported the same package version: org.eclipse.osgi.util;version="1.1". Why it does not resolve that package from v3.8.2?

The org.eclipse.osgi.* packages haven't been marked as a part of the product API as a result an OSGi application cannot make use of them.

They have been marked as part of the product SPI so you could use them from a Liberty feature.

• Pich
    Pich
    9 Posts

‏2013-11-14T18:42:56Z  
    • Alasdair
    • ‏2013-10-31T22:06:52Z

I created a plugin project and included the emf jars in the bundle classpath and then exported them as needed. This apparently worked (I still have other errors but not related to this I think).