Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-23T15:07:54Z by smithkenny
george.baker
george.baker
319 Posts

Pinned topic HATS v8.5 Admin project & security

‏2013-09-18T13:18:12Z |

I have a HATS v8.5 project running in RAD 8.5.1. iFix1.  I created a HATS Admin only project.  I have it working fine when Security is not enabled on the WAS Server (v8.5).  I want to enable global security on WebSphere, so I need to update the HATSAdmin project to specify the authorized IDs for HATSAdministrator, HATSOperator and HATSMonitor. 

Apparently the project is generated as a Web 3.0 project., and according to RAD instructions I select the project, right click and select Generate Deployment Descriptor Stub to enter the security criteria.  However, when I do this I get a pop-up that tells me The chosen operation is not enabled.   I have several questions:

1. How and why is the HATS Admin only application generated as a Web 3.0 application?
  2. How do I enable Generate Deployment Descriptor Stub?
  3. Where is this new procedure documented?  I cannot find any reference to it in either the HATS or RAD InfoCenters.
  • smithkenny
    smithkenny
    29 Posts

Re: HATS v8.5 Admin project & security

‏2013-09-19T18:43:59Z  

1) That is the default setting now, and Web 3.0 has been supported for some time.

2) Right click on the admin EAR project, and select Java EE --> Open WebSphere Application Server Deployment. This will allow you to change the module's classloader policy if you need to (more appropriate for a HATS app). To get to the user roll mappings, click on "Generate WebSphere Bindings Deployment Descriptor" from the Java EE context menu. Then in the new bindings descriptor click on "Add", and select your security role. Right click on the new security role, and you can then add mappings as needed. 

3)....hmm...can't comment on that one.

• george.baker
    george.baker
    319 Posts

‏2013-09-20T01:48:18Z  

According to the RAD documentation I must Generate Deployment Descriptor Stub in order to add the authorized user IDs for each of the security roles, e.g. HATSMonitor, which are already defined (your step 2 process).  Yet when I try to select that option I get an error, that option is not enabled.  I cannot find a reference as to what enables that option.  Any ideas?

• smithkenny
    smithkenny
    29 Posts

‏2013-09-23T15:07:54Z  

According to the RAD documentation I must Generate Deployment Descriptor Stub in order to add the authorized user IDs for each of the security roles, e.g. HATSMonitor, which are already defined (your step 2 process).  Yet when I try to select that option I get an error, that option is not enabled.  I cannot find a reference as to what enables that option.  Any ideas?

I would say that information is a bit dated. The EAR project should automatically pick up the security roles from the HATS war project in a Web 3.0 project.