4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-18T15:46:54Z by Federico.Vietti
Federico.Vietti
Federico.Vietti
21 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic TRC e TEM Integration

‏2013-07-11T15:09:02Z |

Hi all,

we are wondering on how to make a remote session through Tivoli Remote Control integrate with Tivoli Endpoint Manager in managed mode way?

We access the TRC web console: http://IP/trc and we request for a session from Destination --> Selecting the specific target --> Start remote session

When we request remote sessione on the TRC console appears the followin message (in italian): "Impossibile creare una sessione di controllo remoto con la destinazione selezionata. Non sono disponibili autorizzazioni" that in english should be "Impossible to create a remote control session on the specific target. Authorizations not available".

So we have to request for a remote session. The request correctly arrives to the admin that accepts it. The acceptance correctly go back to the user but we cannot instantiate the remote session.

Any idea?

thank you

• 978-0201616224
    978-0201616224
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TRC e TEM Integration

‏2013-07-12T09:01:57Z  in response to Federico.Vietti

Hi Federico,

Before TRC users can start remote control sessions, the Administrator has to configure the policies and permissions that apply to the remote control sessions. TRC allows the administrator to configure different policies between different groups of users and different groups of targets.

When there are no policies configured for a group of users, those users get the error message you mentioned. The 'Request Access' button on the page with the error message allows those users to request temporary access to that target.

Please read the sections about policies and permissions in the Administrator's Guide: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v26r1/topic/com.ibm.tem.doc_9.0/remotecontrol.html

If you don't need different policies for different users or different targets, then the administrator can simply configure the policies between DefaultUserGroup and DefaultTargetGroup.

HTH,

Chris

• Federico.Vietti
      Federico.Vietti
      21 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-12T09:20:38Z  in response to 978-0201616224

Thank you HTH,

I've create a Destination Group and a User Group as you can see in the attachment,

The user that is using the console and experiences the problem in i the specific User Group and the PC on which I'm requesting the access is in the specific Destination Group.

Is some permission that is missing?

How can I troubleshoot the problem?

• 978-0201616224
        978-0201616224
        16 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-12T09:44:41Z  in response to Federico.Vietti

Hi Federico,

After the user and target groups have been created and you have assigned users and targets to the correct groups, you need to configure the permissions that apply between them.

From the 'All User Groups' report, select the user group and then 'Manage Permission' in the menu on the right hand side. Now click on the blue icon next to 'Target Group', which shows the list of target groups. Choose the correct group and then click the blue icon inside the list to confirm the selection. Now the page displays the policies that apply between the users in the user group and the targets in the target group. Initially, they are all disabled. Enable all policies using the 'Enable' checkbox at the top of the list. For now, leave them at the default values. You can come back later and change the policies to match your requirements.

The policy engine in TRC is powerful but complicated. I do recommend that you read the admin guide to understand how the policies work.

HTH,

Chris