Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-16T21:41:27Z by T736_Mayur_Garg
jisspe
jisspe
5 Posts

Pinned topic In Datapower XI50, we can create queue manager (QM) objects and all of them can be grouped under a single QM group object for doing effective Load Balancing.Do XI50 device is having the same kind of support for IMS connect ?

‏2013-08-07T11:17:35Z |

Hi All,

I am working on Datapower XI50 , version 5.0.0.4.

We have created certain queue managers in our Datapower box( say for Eg: QM1,QM2,QM3 etc,)

All these Queue managers are being grouped under a single queue manager group object (Say,for Eg : Queue manager object QMGROOBJ1 will internally group QM1,QM2,QM3 etc)

In this case even if the MQ queue manager QM1 or QM2 is down the request will not fail as QMGROOBJ1 will route the consumer request dynamically to the available queue manager QM3.

This way we are sucessfull in achiving the load balancing for a specific number of queue managers by using Datapower.

Currently we have started doing one POC , where in we are trying to explore available features of IMS connect in Datapower.

In Data power XI50 box we can create differrent the IMS connect objects (say for Eg: IMS1,IMS2 etc.).

But I am unable to find out an effective way where in we can create an IMSConnect group object which will do the load balancing just like QMGROOBJ1 does.

Can any of you please help me in understanding on, how we can do the Dynamic load balancing while using IMS connect feature in Datapower , for esablishing connectivity with IMS back end ?

Regards,

Jiss Peter,

jiss07@gmail.com

• ChaithraSNazre
    ChaithraSNazre
    4 Posts

Re: In Datapower XI50, we can create queue manager (QM) objects and all of them can be grouped under a single QM group object for doing effective Load Balancing.Do XI50 device is having the same kind of support for IMS connect ?

‏2013-08-08T05:39:39Z  

As per as I know there is no group for IMS connect rather we must add the IMS connect objects directly to the load balancer in the same way how we add the MQ group Object.

Regards

Chaithra Nazre

• T736_Mayur_Garg
    T736_Mayur_Garg
    17 Posts

Re: In Datapower XI50, we can create queue manager (QM) objects and all of them can be grouped under a single QM group object for doing effective Load Balancing.Do XI50 device is having the same kind of support for IMS connect ?

‏2013-08-16T21:41:27Z  

As per as I know there is no group for IMS connect rather we must add the IMS connect objects directly to the load balancer in the same way how we add the MQ group Object.

Regards

Chaithra Nazre

A little off the topic -

I dont think 'LoadBalancing is the correct word that can be associated with 'QueueManagerGroup' object in Datapower.

An MQ Queue Manager Group enables automatic failover between queue managers when one (or more) queue manager becomes UNAVAILABLE; it will not distribute the load on a configued secondary QM unless primary is down.