Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-31T13:51:21Z by SarahDunworth
tt_qbt
tt_qbt
5 Posts

Pinned topic ODBC from Data Access Pack 7.1

‏2014-01-30T14:33:49Z |

Hi, I installed DAP 7.1 to conform to the requirements of Statistics 22 but those drivers do not handle the additional quotes entered by Modeler 16...

For instance, pulling data from a table using Modeler with pushback gives me the SQL of:

Information: Executing SQL: SELECT T0.ELEMENT AS C0,T0.AMINO AS C1,T0."MOLECULE_ID" AS C2,T0.X AS C3,T0.Y AS C4,T0.Z AS C5,T0.FILEX AS C6 FROM "dbo".PROTEIN T0

which doesn't work but the following SQL will work but I have to delete the quotes. 

Information: Executing SQL: SELECT T0.ELEMENT AS C0,T0.AMINO AS C1,T0.MOLECULE_ID AS C2,T0.X AS C3,T0.Y AS C4,T0.Z AS C5,T0.FILEX AS C6 FROM dbo.PROTEIN T0

Is there a setting which will fix this problem? 

I'm using SQL Server 2008 R2... 

Updated on 2014-01-30T14:36:53Z at 2014-01-30T14:36:53Z by tt_qbt
  • SarahDunworth
    SarahDunworth
    30 Posts

Re: ODBC from Data Access Pack 7.1

‏2014-01-31T10:18:51Z  

Hi - Have you tried setting the "Quote table and column names" radio button option to Never? I think its the underscore that is forcing the quoting behaviour - but if you are saying it runs without the quotes, then i think this should work. Having said that, it shouldn't cause it to fail in the first place - Can you log this with support?

Thanks

SArah

• SarahDunworth
    SarahDunworth
    30 Posts

‏2014-01-31T10:54:20Z  

Hi - Have you tried setting the "Quote table and column names" radio button option to Never? I think its the underscore that is forcing the quoting behaviour - but if you are saying it runs without the quotes, then i think this should work. Having said that, it shouldn't cause it to fail in the first place - Can you log this with support?

Thanks

SArah

Actually, this might be a better answer:The SDAP driver has an "enable quoted identifiers" setting (eg if this is Windows then on the Advanced tab of the DSN check the "enable quoted identifiers" option - which would have been the same in the SDAP 6 SQL Server driver. This technote describes I think what you need to do.
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21479147

• tt_qbt
    tt_qbt
    5 Posts

‏2014-01-31T13:36:20Z  

Actually, this might be a better answer:The SDAP driver has an "enable quoted identifiers" setting (eg if this is Windows then on the Advanced tab of the DSN check the "enable quoted identifiers" option - which would have been the same in the SDAP 6 SQL Server driver. This technote describes I think what you need to do.
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21479147

Thanks very much Sarah... that fixed that issue and a few others associated with it (such as caching)... - without it checked you can't cache on the database - HUGE issue when you want to cache on the database. 

By the way,  I am totally amazed with R and Python extensions that are now (easily) available through Modeler 16... 

and the fact Python is now the standard syntax for scripting.    You all are doing an amazing job!!!

• SarahDunworth
    SarahDunworth
    30 Posts

‏2014-01-31T13:51:21Z  
    • tt_qbt
    • ‏2014-01-31T13:36:20Z

Thanks very much Sarah... that fixed that issue and a few others associated with it (such as caching)... - without it checked you can't cache on the database - HUGE issue when you want to cache on the database. 

By the way,  I am totally amazed with R and Python extensions that are now (easily) available through Modeler 16... 

and the fact Python is now the standard syntax for scripting.    You all are doing an amazing job!!!

Great, glad its fixed, and thanks for the compliment!

SArah