Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-20T15:27:14Z by AndrewPaier
Castiel
Castiel
19 Posts

Pinned topic Process Designer can't contact any of the specified bootstrap servers

‏2013-08-08T07:22:07Z |

I changed enodeName (of my WebSphere Application Server) from troublesome "localhost" to a different string. This was in order to fix a login error of Process Designer. Now I'm able to authenticate and log in, however, a new error message occurs:

... SIResourceException: CWSIT006E: It was not possible to contact any of the specified bootstrap servers. ...

(for full error message see the attached printscreen)

I suspect that "localhost" enodeName string is still hidden somewhere in some config file. Any suggestion where to look or what to do? The whole folder hierarchy is way too huge to "find and replace" without more detailed information...

• AndrewPaier
    AndrewPaier
    795 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Process Designer can't contact any of the specified bootstrap servers

‏2013-08-08T14:25:22Z  

I mentioned this to you in another thread.  I bet the problem is in your TeamworksConfiguration.running.xml.  Specifically if you look at the tag <authoring-environment> you will see a bunch of URLS and I bet they are wrong.  However you cannot correct this directly in that file.  This file is generated from several xml files that are held in directories off of the location for this file in your install.  They are all named ##Someword.xml  For example 00Static.xml.  Basically each time the server starts up it grabs the XML files and merges them to create that file that you can see. 

Generally when someone has done this, I just go through those files looking for any URL (just search for http) and correct them.  Then restart your server and look at the TeamworksConfiguration.running.xml and make sure you have caught all the various possible places.

Andrew Paier  |  Director  |  BP3 Global, Inc.
    BP3 Global's Website  |  Twitter  |  Linkedin  |  Google+  |  Blogs

• AndrewPaier
    AndrewPaier
    795 Posts

‏2013-08-08T14:25:22Z  

I mentioned this to you in another thread.  I bet the problem is in your TeamworksConfiguration.running.xml.  Specifically if you look at the tag <authoring-environment> you will see a bunch of URLS and I bet they are wrong.  However you cannot correct this directly in that file.  This file is generated from several xml files that are held in directories off of the location for this file in your install.  They are all named ##Someword.xml  For example 00Static.xml.  Basically each time the server starts up it grabs the XML files and merges them to create that file that you can see. 

Generally when someone has done this, I just go through those files looking for any URL (just search for http) and correct them.  Then restart your server and look at the TeamworksConfiguration.running.xml and make sure you have caught all the various possible places.

• Castiel
    Castiel
    19 Posts

‏2013-08-13T07:33:45Z  

Andrew, did you mean all the ##Someword.xml files in /opt/ibm/BPM/v8.0.1/profiles/ProcCtr01/config/cells/localhostNode01Cell/nodes/localhostNode01/servers/server1/process-center, where TeamworksConfiguration.running.xml is located? Or whole BPM folder? Or even anywhere else?

• AndrewPaier
    AndrewPaier
    795 Posts

‏2013-08-13T18:27:52Z  
    • Castiel
    • ‏2013-08-13T07:33:45Z

Andrew, did you mean all the ##Someword.xml files in /opt/ibm/BPM/v8.0.1/profiles/ProcCtr01/config/cells/localhostNode01Cell/nodes/localhostNode01/servers/server1/process-center, where TeamworksConfiguration.running.xml is located? Or whole BPM folder? Or even anywhere else?

This depends on how you did your installation.  If you followed "Typical" then you have a stand alone (SA) server and not a Network Deploy (ND) server.  From the naming I would guess this is a SA server so changing it there would be correct.  If it is an ND server you should change it on the deployment manager then do a synch node. 

There is also a similar folder under the peformance data warehouse folder in that same location, and I would check that as well.  You can always backup the XML files in case you made a mistake (something I would advise doing) so you can get back to the current state easily.

Alternatively configure a new server using the right server name so that the "correct" values get put into these files, however that would likely cause a bunch of ports to change.

• Castiel
    Castiel
    19 Posts

‏2013-08-18T19:12:23Z  

This depends on how you did your installation.  If you followed "Typical" then you have a stand alone (SA) server and not a Network Deploy (ND) server.  From the naming I would guess this is a SA server so changing it there would be correct.  If it is an ND server you should change it on the deployment manager then do a synch node. 

There is also a similar folder under the peformance data warehouse folder in that same location, and I would check that as well.  You can always backup the XML files in case you made a mistake (something I would advise doing) so you can get back to the current state easily.

Alternatively configure a new server using the right server name so that the "correct" values get put into these files, however that would likely cause a bunch of ports to change.

Andrew, I tried find & replace in the whole folder /opt/ibm/BPM/v8.0.1/ Unfortunatelly, the same error (see attached printscreen)

To be more specific, the command find . -iregex '.*/[0-9]+[a-z]+\.xml' | xargs grep localhost returns:

./BPM/Lombardi/process-server/configTemplates/system/99Local.xml:                settings should not be applied. localhost, 127.0.0.1 and 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
    ./profiles/ProcCtr01/config/cells/localhostNode01Cell/nodes/localhostNode01/servers/server1/process-center/config/system/50AppServer.xml:            <web-application-directory>installedApps/localhostNode01Cell/teamworks.ear/teamworks.war</web-application-directory>
    ./profiles/ProcCtr01/config/cells/localhostNode01Cell/nodes/localhostNode01/servers/server1/process-center/config/system/50AppServer.xml:            <ear-location>installedApps/localhostNode01Cell/teamworks.ear</ear-location>
    ./profiles/ProcCtr01/config/cells/localhostNode01Cell/nodes/localhostNode01/servers/server1/process-center/config/system/00Static.xml:              <jndi-scope>cell/nodes/localhostNode01/servers/server1</jndi-scope>
    ./profiles/ProcCtr01/config/cells/localhostNode01Cell/nodes/localhostNode01/servers/server1/process-center/config/system/99Local.xml:                settings should not be applied. localhost, 127.0.0.1 and 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1

Doesn't seem to be much more to substitute. I'm going to try the solution with the new server but this will be done in a few more days (since there are more important tasks now).

Updated on 2013-08-18T19:15:56Z at 2013-08-18T19:15:56Z by Castiel
  • AndrewPaier
    AndrewPaier
    795 Posts

‏2013-08-19T17:23:42Z  
    • Castiel
    • ‏2013-08-18T19:12:23Z

Andrew, I tried find & replace in the whole folder /opt/ibm/BPM/v8.0.1/ Unfortunatelly, the same error (see attached printscreen)

To be more specific, the command find . -iregex '.*/[0-9]+[a-z]+\.xml' | xargs grep localhost returns:

./BPM/Lombardi/process-server/configTemplates/system/99Local.xml:                settings should not be applied. localhost, 127.0.0.1 and 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
    ./profiles/ProcCtr01/config/cells/localhostNode01Cell/nodes/localhostNode01/servers/server1/process-center/config/system/50AppServer.xml:            <web-application-directory>installedApps/localhostNode01Cell/teamworks.ear/teamworks.war</web-application-directory>
    ./profiles/ProcCtr01/config/cells/localhostNode01Cell/nodes/localhostNode01/servers/server1/process-center/config/system/50AppServer.xml:            <ear-location>installedApps/localhostNode01Cell/teamworks.ear</ear-location>
    ./profiles/ProcCtr01/config/cells/localhostNode01Cell/nodes/localhostNode01/servers/server1/process-center/config/system/00Static.xml:              <jndi-scope>cell/nodes/localhostNode01/servers/server1</jndi-scope>
    ./profiles/ProcCtr01/config/cells/localhostNode01Cell/nodes/localhostNode01/servers/server1/process-center/config/system/99Local.xml:                settings should not be applied. localhost, 127.0.0.1 and 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1

Doesn't seem to be much more to substitute. I'm going to try the solution with the new server but this will be done in a few more days (since there are more important tasks now).

Without access to your environment or your installation script, it is hard to figure out what is wrong.  What values did you use in your find and replace?  Did you limit it to just the XML files?  

It looks like you are doing this on linux.  If you updated it to the FQDN, you also need to make sure that the FQDN resolves to localhost and doesn't hop through a DNS lookup, otherwise it will cause EJB lookup problems.

• Castiel
    Castiel
    19 Posts

‏2013-08-20T09:40:49Z  

Without access to your environment or your installation script, it is hard to figure out what is wrong.  What values did you use in your find and replace?  Did you limit it to just the XML files?  

It looks like you are doing this on linux.  If you updated it to the FQDN, you also need to make sure that the FQDN resolves to localhost and doesn't hop through a DNS lookup, otherwise it will cause EJB lookup problems.

Actually, if I ignore the error message and use "File -> Reset Window Setting" from time to time, everything is working now. Thank you very much, Andrew! :-)

Just to answer your questions:

• I replaced localhost with myhost.
    • I did this in just XML files.
    • Yes, I'm working on CentOs Linux.

Now I'm trying to create a new profile to get rid of error messages.

• AndrewPaier
    AndrewPaier
    795 Posts

‏2013-08-20T15:27:14Z  
    • Castiel
    • ‏2013-08-20T09:40:49Z

Actually, if I ignore the error message and use "File -> Reset Window Setting" from time to time, everything is working now. Thank you very much, Andrew! :-)

Just to answer your questions:

• I replaced localhost with myhost.
    • I did this in just XML files.
    • Yes, I'm working on CentOs Linux.

Now I'm trying to create a new profile to get rid of error messages.

You should also search the .properties files.  They I think the only localhost reference in there will be for you DB, and if so it should not affect the user, but it would be good to check.