• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-08T10:58:00Z by myrmidon
myrmidon
myrmidon
23 Posts

Pinned topic Rapsody vs TOPCASED

‏2013-04-26T13:41:51Z |

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of choosing a tool in order to start working on SysML.

I lean to Rhapsody, however in my company TOPCASED is widely used. So I was asked to do present advantages of Rhapsody contrary to TOPCASED.

Can you give such an information? In what way Rhapsody maybe better from TOPCASED?

Thanks in advance for your time!

KInd Regards

P.S.

My topic of works concerns :

- creating SysML models from specification documents

- exporting SysML model to Simulink ( Rapsody does that, I do not know about Topcased)

- auto generating specification document from SysML model

-creating HMI inside the tool in order to simulate/verify the model

- auto generation of test cases from SysML model(I do not know if such thing is possible)

- auto verification of test cases from the tool regarding the SysML model ( i do not know if this is also possible..)

Updated on 2013-05-08T10:58:36Z at 2013-05-08T10:58:36Z by myrmidon
  • Vipsy
    Vipsy
    37 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Rapsody vs TOPCASED

‏2013-04-30T15:41:49Z  

To put in my two pennies worth , see inline 

You can do sysML modelling in Rhapsody and also manage traceability from them to the actual requirements.Rhapsody gateway addon allows you to import requirements from your specification doc into Rhapsody and create traceability links between your model elements and requirements.

- exporting SysML model to Simulink ( Rapsody does that, I do not know about Topcased) 

Yes Rhapsody does this quite well.

Rhapsody has its own utility called 'ReporterPlus' which can be used to generate a complete report of your SysML Model.However the best complimentary tool is the Rational Publishing Engine which seamlessly integrates with RHapsody and DOORS( if you using for Req management )

Rhapsody support panel diagrams ( graphical elements ) which allows you to verify your model with animation.Additional you can also have custom webpages to drive the model.A sample of this is the Rhapsody installation.

- auto generation of test cases from SysML model(I do not know if such thing is possible)

- auto verification of test cases from the tool regarding the SysML model ( i do not know if this is also possible..)

These are possible with addons TestConductor and ATG ( Automatic Test Generation ).

hope this helps.

• Vipsy
    Vipsy
    37 Posts

‏2013-04-30T15:41:49Z  

You can do sysML modelling in Rhapsody and also manage traceability from them to the actual requirements.Rhapsody gateway addon allows you to import requirements from your specification doc into Rhapsody and create traceability links between your model elements and requirements.

Rhapsody has its own utility called 'ReporterPlus' which can be used to generate a complete report of your SysML Model.However the best complimentary tool is the Rational Publishing Engine which seamlessly integrates with RHapsody and DOORS( if you using for Req management )

Rhapsody support panel diagrams ( graphical elements ) which allows you to verify your model with animation.Additional you can also have custom webpages to drive the model.A sample of this is the Rhapsody installation.

These are possible with addons TestConductor and ATG ( Automatic Test Generation ).

hope this helps.

• myrmidon
    myrmidon
    23 Posts

‏2013-05-08T10:58:00Z  
    • Vipsy
    • ‏2013-04-30T15:41:49Z

hope this helps.

Yes it helps!

Thanks a lot for your reply!