Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-06-12T06:24:02Z by Sreeharsha_Naik
eaglone
eaglone
2 Posts

Pinned topic DB2 Express-C Installation Issue

‏2014-06-03T17:46:36Z |

Trying to install on Linux Mint.  Download and gunzip seemed to be fine.

Attempted a non-root install.  Encountered the following during installation:

ERROR: /home/curtis/sqllib/adm/db2start: error while loading shared libraries: libaio.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR: An error occurred while trying to start the "curtis" instance. The
return code is "127" and the SQL Message is:   "PROCESS_ERROR"

Instance was created however, but will not start, presumably due to thie missing  libraries.

Do I need to un--install and re-do as root?  Cannot see the file spedified, even with wild card.

Thanks in advance.

Ran the db2val command and seemed successful, but incurred a segmentation fault.

curtis@curtis-Latitude-E6400 ~/Downloads/db2_expc_10.5_Source/expc/db2/linux/FILES $ /home/curtis/sqllib/bin/db2val
DBI1379I  The db2val command is running. This can take several minutes.

DBI1335I  Installation file validation for the DB2 copy installed at
      /home/curtis/sqllib was successful.

Segmentation fault

Updated on 2014-06-03T18:11:43Z at 2014-06-03T18:11:43Z by eaglone
  • nivanov
    nivanov
    27 Posts

Re: DB2 Express-C Installation Issue

‏2014-06-05T15:00:13Z  

Although non-root installation of DB2 is supported, it has too many limitations, so I'd suggest you install DB2 as root. After the installation you can manage and use the DB2 instance and databases as a non-root user.

Besides, this: "libaio.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" indicates that you may not have all prerequisite libraries installed on your system.

• eaglone
    eaglone
    2 Posts

‏2014-06-05T15:07:11Z  
    • nivanov
    • ‏2014-06-05T15:00:13Z

Although non-root installation of DB2 is supported, it has too many limitations, so I'd suggest you install DB2 as root. After the installation you can manage and use the DB2 instance and databases as a non-root user.

Besides, this: "libaio.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" indicates that you may not have all prerequisite libraries installed on your system.

Thanks for the reply.  I will plan to un-install the existing and re-install as root.

Wondering how the libraries are missing though.  Didn't see any irregularities in my download or gunzip.  Should only have to gunzip the download once, right?

Thinking I should perhaps download again, as root. Advice? 

• nivanov
    nivanov
    27 Posts

‏2014-06-05T15:21:46Z  
    • eaglone
    • ‏2014-06-05T15:07:11Z

Thanks for the reply.  I will plan to un-install the existing and re-install as root.

Wondering how the libraries are missing though.  Didn't see any irregularities in my download or gunzip.  Should only have to gunzip the download once, right?

Thinking I should perhaps download again, as root. Advice? 

The libraries are from Linux packages, not from the DB2 distribution. http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPGG_10.5.0/com.ibm.db2.luw.qb.server.doc/doc/r0008865.html?lang=en

• Sreeharsha_Naik
    Sreeharsha_Naik
    34 Posts

‏2014-06-12T06:24:02Z  

Just have a look on the restrictions and see if you have met all the needs : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPGG_10.1.0/com.ibm.db2.luw.qb.upgrade.doc/doc/t0053604.html?lang=en