Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-05-28T14:59:35Z by rdutra
JerryFinn
JerryFinn
3 Posts

Pinned topic Customizing the Linux/x86-specific API checker

‏2014-05-28T07:59:54Z |

I'm using the Software Development Kit for PowerLinux 1.4.0 Migration Assistant import API feature.

I'm trying to user the customization features.

The import XML works just fine to import API.

The buttons to import functions, types or objects from a simple text file do not work. When I click these buttons, nothing happens. I am not prompted to choose a file, nor does anything else occur.

Is this a know problem?

Is there a fix?

Should I just try reinstalling the SDK?

• rdutra
    rdutra
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Customizing the Linux/x86-specific API checker

‏2014-05-28T14:10:49Z  

Hi Jerry, Thanks for the reporting.

To use this features you need to create a new API. Click in the Add API button, and add a new API. Select the API you just created and click in any of the featues you tried (add functions, type and objects).

It happens because you can just add news functions, types and objects for your API's (the ones you created).

I will add a friendly message informing the user that he needs to select on API he just created.

Thanks,

Roberto.

• rdutra
    rdutra
    4 Posts

‏2014-05-28T14:10:49Z  

To use this features you need to create a new API. Click in the Add API button, and add a new API. Select the API you just created and click in any of the featues you tried (add functions, type and objects).

It happens because you can just add news functions, types and objects for your API's (the ones you created).

I will add a friendly message informing the user that he needs to select on API he just created.

Thanks,

Roberto.

• JerryFinn
    JerryFinn
    3 Posts

‏2014-05-28T14:20:43Z  
    • rdutra
    • ‏2014-05-28T14:10:49Z

Thanks,

Roberto.

Obrigado

• rdutra
    rdutra
    4 Posts

‏2014-05-28T14:59:35Z  
    • JerryFinn
    • ‏2014-05-28T14:20:43Z

Obrigado

Jerry,

Regarding your report I already made a fix for it and it will be available in the IBM SDK for PowerLinux 1.5 that will be released at June 10 (we are almost there).

Migration Advisor will have new checkers and quick fixes availables to help x86 to PPC migration. You can check them.

Thanks again for you report.

Roberto

Updated on 2014-05-28T14:59:52Z at 2014-05-28T14:59:52Z by rdutra