• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-23T06:48:05Z by Madhanssmiles
Madhanssmiles
Madhanssmiles
10 Posts

Pinned topic Issue with loading an Model with Query String Param

‏2013-07-22T12:22:01Z |

Hi,

I am working on Websphere Portlet Factory with IBM Websphere Portal server 6.1 version.

I am trying to launch an Portal page with external URL with Query String Param.

While loading an model i am invoking an main method to fetch the portal request and retrive the Query parameters.

When i open IE to launch the URL for first time it is working fine.

Problem is again i am opening an new tab and pass different params and launching the url is working with previous params [It is not working with latest query values].

As per my investigation i am able to see that onLoad method is not invoked for second time ,where as it directly invoke the launch form method with previous query values while launching.

Can some one help me in avoiding the caching of model when ever it is loaded?

Or else any other way to rectify this issue?

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards

MG

• mburati
    mburati
    2570 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Issue with loading an Model with Query String Param

‏2013-07-22T13:50:32Z  

The "main" method of a WEF portlet is typically only run once, when the portlet is first requested in a portal page / session.  After that, the current state and current portlet page is maintained in the session.   If you want to run an action every time the portal asks the portlet to render its current page,  try an event handler with an on page load action.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
  • mburati
    mburati
    2570 Posts

‏2013-07-22T13:50:32Z  

The "main" method of a WEF portlet is typically only run once, when the portlet is first requested in a portal page / session.  After that, the current state and current portlet page is maintained in the session.   If you want to run an action every time the portal asks the portlet to render its current page,  try an event handler with an on page load action.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
  • Madhanssmiles
    Madhanssmiles
    10 Posts

‏2013-07-23T06:48:05Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2013-07-22T13:50:32Z

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

I am able to work with event handler for each request  and handle the params.

..MG