Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-07-22T12:12:08Z by YogeshGawali
PhilippeRiand
PhilippeRiand
6 Posts

Pinned topic DB2 crash

‏2014-04-28T01:37:02Z |

This more a bug report. But this is a blocker for us.

I found a request that crashes DB2 10.5 on Windows 7 Pro. It requires MySQL LIMIT/OFFSET to be enabled. With one UNION ALL, it works fine, but with two, DB2 crashes after ~5/6 secs.
The windows log says:
   The DB2 - DB2XXXXX - DB2 service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 5 time(s).

Here is the whole request:

SELECT I.DOCID,I.STOREID,I.UNID AS UNID,I.PSTOREID,I.PARENT,0 AS LEVEL,I.AKEY,I.JSON,0 AS READF FROM Tests_IDX I 
WHERE (I.STOREID='Discussion') AND (I.IDXID='byAuthorAndDate') AND (I.INSTID='') 

UNION ALL 
SELECT DISTINCT 0 AS DOCID,'' AS STOREID,'' AS UNID,'' AS PSTOREID,'' AS PARENT,0 AS LEVEL,I.CKEY1 AS AKEY,'' AS JSON,1 AS READF FROM Tests_IDX I 
WHERE (I.STOREID='Discussion') AND (I.IDXID='byAuthorAndDate') AND (I.INSTID='') 

UNION ALL 
SELECT DISTINCT 0 AS DOCID,'' AS STOREID,'' AS UNID,'' AS PSTOREID,'' AS PARENT,0 AS LEVEL,I.CKEY2 AS AKEY,'' AS JSON,1 AS READF FROM Tests_IDX I 

ORDER BY AKEY, UNID LIMIT 10 OFFSET 5

Without LIMIT/OFFSET, the request works perfectly. with just 'LIMIT', it crashes after ~30 secs. With just 'OFFSET', I'm getting a syntax error.

I can send the FODC_xxxx directories by email if you need that.

• YogeshGawali
    YogeshGawali
    8 Posts

Re: DB2 crash

‏2014-05-14T10:20:28Z  

Hello,

Did you find the solution? If no, you can send me FODC dir for review.

Thank you.

• PhilippeRiand
    PhilippeRiand
    6 Posts

‏2014-05-16T12:32:40Z  

Hello,

Did you find the solution? If no, you can send me FODC dir for review.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    No I haven't found a solution. Let me know what you exactly need, and how I should send it to you.

Phil.

• YogeshGawali
    YogeshGawali
    8 Posts

‏2014-05-16T23:54:36Z  

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    No I haven't found a solution. Let me know what you exactly need, and how I should send it to you.

Phil.

Hello,

Can you please collect db2support.zip as below?

db2support . -d <db_name> -c -s

Can you please upload it to any website that allows you to upload the file for free? like http://www.filedropper.com/ then please share the link with me?

Thanks,

Yogesh,

• PhilippeRiand
    PhilippeRiand
    6 Posts

‏2014-05-31T22:21:14Z  

Hello,

Can you please collect db2support.zip as below?

db2support . -d <db_name> -c -s

Can you please upload it to any website that allows you to upload the file for free? like http://www.filedropper.com/ then please share the link with me?

Thanks,

Yogesh,

Hello,

Sorry, it took me a while to come back to this problem. Between this, and some others, I kind of put DB2 support on hold. But I know I have to go back to it :-)

Anyway, the support file is available here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36973291/db2support.zip. I hope it will be useful.

Let me know when you got it, so I can remove it from my dropbox account.

Thanks,

Phil.

• YogeshGawali
    YogeshGawali
    8 Posts

‏2014-06-02T07:02:50Z  

Hello,

Sorry, it took me a while to come back to this problem. Between this, and some others, I kind of put DB2 support on hold. But I know I have to go back to it :-)

Anyway, the support file is available here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36973291/db2support.zip. I hope it will be useful.

Let me know when you got it, so I can remove it from my dropbox account.

Thanks,

Phil.

Thank you Phil for uploading file. I have a look over it. However I can not find any known issue there. We need to investigate more to find out the exact cause of this issue.

May I request you to raise a ticket (PMR) with IBM support team?

Please remove the file from drop box.

Thanks,

Yogesh.

• PhilippeRiand
    PhilippeRiand
    6 Posts

‏2014-06-17T13:15:24Z  

Thank you Phil for uploading file. I have a look over it. However I can not find any known issue there. We need to investigate more to find out the exact cause of this issue.

Thanks,

Yogesh.

Hello Yogesh,

I submitted a PMR but I don't know if you guys got it. I haven't been notified back by IBM, so I don't have a number. Now, it had been created with my IBM id, so you should be able to find it.

BTW, and fyi, I'm currently facing 2 blocking limitations with DB2 compared to other major DBs:

• Missing support for offset/limit statements, unless you select the MySQL mode. This feature is very important for web access, as rows are generally asked by blocks to display pages
    • Common Table Expression: inner SELECT do not support joins to other tables
  • PhilippeRiand
    PhilippeRiand
    6 Posts

‏2014-07-22T11:42:28Z  

Thanks,

Yogesh.

Hello Yogesh - Do you have any news on the issue? Did you get my PMR?

Thanks! Phil.

• YogeshGawali
    YogeshGawali
    8 Posts

‏2014-07-22T12:12:08Z  

Hello Yogesh - Do you have any news on the issue? Did you get my PMR?

Thanks! Phil.

Hi Phil,

Could you please share the exact PMR number? I did random search, but did not find your pmr.

Thank you!