• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-02T17:09:14Z by kevintap
Sathish_Ravula
Sathish_Ravula
14 Posts

Pinned topic HTMLWRAPER tags with DataPage

‏2013-12-01T14:39:10Z |
Hi,

I have WebExperience Factory project,it contains lot of builders.

Here i am unable to understand about DataPage builder. This builder contains one xml variable.
Based on the xml it display data dynamically in html page. Here my problem is i am unable to understand,

how to displaying the data into html page and change the UI part. Here html page contains <HTMLWRAPPER> tags.

I am uploading html page.

Thanks,
Satish

Attachments

• mburati
    mburati
    2568 Posts

Re: HTMLWRAPER tags with DataPage

‏2013-12-02T15:39:31Z  
    This reply was deleted by Sathish_Ravula 2013-12-06T07:16:11Z.

I haven't had a chance to look at what you uploaded yet, but to answer part of your question,  HTMLWrapper tags are used by Web Experience Factory (WEF)  Page Automation (the framework underlying Data Page and the higher level View and Form, Input Form and Data Services User Interface (DSUI) builders that sit on top of Data Page),  to provide a way to combine HTML fragments below an XML Element structure such that there's an easily locate-able parent of those HTML fragments via XML or page automation page location mechanism.    As the JSP is written to disk from the WEF generation phase, the HTMLWrapper elements are omitted and just the HTML surrouding them is written to the JSP.

As far as modifying what page automation produces, there are a number of ways to do that, from using the Data Layout builder to transform a Data Page/page automation HTML table into a List layout,   using Data Field Settings to change field types,   Data Column Modifier (DCM) to modify column types/behavior (and/or hide columns),   Right-Click in the design view and export HTML for external customization etc.

If you're new to WEF, I recommend going through the Learning Roadmap and intro tutorials at the WEF Wiki URL referenced below, along with the ootb samples and tutorials, along with a number of articles on customizing the generated UI after that.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

• Sathish_Ravula
    Sathish_Ravula
    14 Posts

‏2013-12-06T09:25:08Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2013-12-02T15:39:31Z

I haven't had a chance to look at what you uploaded yet, but to answer part of your question,  HTMLWrapper tags are used by Web Experience Factory (WEF)  Page Automation (the framework underlying Data Page and the higher level View and Form, Input Form and Data Services User Interface (DSUI) builders that sit on top of Data Page),  to provide a way to combine HTML fragments below an XML Element structure such that there's an easily locate-able parent of those HTML fragments via XML or page automation page location mechanism.    As the JSP is written to disk from the WEF generation phase, the HTMLWrapper elements are omitted and just the HTML surrouding them is written to the JSP.

As far as modifying what page automation produces, there are a number of ways to do that, from using the Data Layout builder to transform a Data Page/page automation HTML table into a List layout,   using Data Field Settings to change field types,   Data Column Modifier (DCM) to modify column types/behavior (and/or hide columns),   Right-Click in the design view and export HTML for external customization etc.

If you're new to WEF, I recommend going through the Learning Roadmap and intro tutorials at the WEF Wiki URL referenced below, along with the ootb samples and tutorials, along with a number of articles on customizing the generated UI after that.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

Hi Burati 

I have a xml variable, attaching here. I have to display this xml variable values in page.

In the xml each Account contains multiple products and each product contains data and one button.

I have to loop this variable and display each account products. each product contains button.

For this i am using DataPage builder. Here am unable to loop this variable.

So can you give me the solution, what are the steps to follow to display the values.

Thank,
    Satish

Attachments

• kevintap
    kevintap
    748 Posts

‏2014-01-02T17:09:14Z  
    Hi Burati 

I have a xml variable, attaching here. I have to display this xml variable values in page.

In the xml each Account contains multiple products and each product contains data and one button.

I have to loop this variable and display each account products. each product contains button.

For this i am using DataPage builder. Here am unable to loop this variable.

So can you give me the solution, what are the steps to follow to display the values.

Thank,
    Satish

Hi Satish,

I'm not sure that I completely understand what your goal is here.  The Data Page builder should render all of the data in the variable.  I can make a couple guesses here, but you'll probably need to clarify what you want.

If the problem is that you're only seeing one Product for each Account, then the schema for the variable might be defining the Product node as a non-repeating element.  You may need to adjust your schema to ensure that this node is repeated (has a maxOccurs of 2 or more), or use a Data Field Modifier builder to indicate that this element is repeated.

If the problem is that you want to display only part of the data contained in the variable then you would want to use a Data Field or Data Column Modifier to hide the additional elements that you don't want displayed on the page.

If you can reply here with additional details or a sample model that would help.