Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-07-18T05:24:43Z by antresa
antresa
antresa
2 Posts

Pinned topic Logical And Physical Modelling in RSA?

‏2014-07-17T12:52:15Z |

Hi All,

Am very new to RSA, and i have  basic doubt like

can i create logical model and physical model in RSA? .

please help me in understanding this.

• FXPanaget
    FXPanaget
    22 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Logical And Physical Modelling in RSA?

‏2014-07-17T14:33:09Z  

Hi,

You can create Logical Data Models from UML Models using the InfoSphere Data Architect integration optional feature which provides the UML to Logical Data Model transformation. However you will not be able to view the content of the Logical Data Model nor can create a logical Data Model from the File New menu. You need InfoSphere Data Architect.

Regarding the Physical Data Models, RSA will be able to create them. If you wish to create a Physical Data Model from a Logical Model created by the UML to Logical Data Model, then you need as well InfoSphere Data Architect.

I hope this will answer you question.

Regards,
    François

• FXPanaget
    FXPanaget
    22 Posts

‏2014-07-17T14:33:09Z  

Hi,

You can create Logical Data Models from UML Models using the InfoSphere Data Architect integration optional feature which provides the UML to Logical Data Model transformation. However you will not be able to view the content of the Logical Data Model nor can create a logical Data Model from the File New menu. You need InfoSphere Data Architect.

Regarding the Physical Data Models, RSA will be able to create them. If you wish to create a Physical Data Model from a Logical Model created by the UML to Logical Data Model, then you need as well InfoSphere Data Architect.

Regards,
    François

• antresa
    antresa
    2 Posts

‏2014-07-18T05:24:43Z  
    • FXPanaget
    • ‏2014-07-17T14:33:09Z

Hi,

Regards,
    François

Hi Francois,

It answers my question Francois.

Thanks for you reply.

I have couple of doubts, can we create conceptual data models in RSA? Also can we have the description of models in RSA, for example:data dictionary ?

Updated on 2014-07-18T05:27:52Z at 2014-07-18T05:27:52Z by antresa