IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-04-01T17:07:47Z by FXPanaget
anunayak
anunayak
5 Posts

Pinned topic Generic types not represented correctly in reverse engineered class /sequence diagrams

‏2014-02-19T11:14:36Z |

Hi,

I am currently using RSA 9.0.1. I have a class with attribute Hashtable<String,String>. When I reverse engineer this java source to a class diagram using option Visualize -> Add to New Diagram File -> Class Diagram, it creates a class diagram with this class having attribute of type String. (See attached screenshot)

The same issue exists when a sequence diagram containing calls to generic collection exists. In my case the hashtable class is depicted as a lifeline of type String in my sequence diagram.

Is there any specific setting to be done to enable generics while reverse engineering?

Thanks

Anuradha

Updated on 2014-02-19T11:33:57Z at 2014-02-19T11:33:57Z by anunayak
  • FXPanaget
    FXPanaget
    9 Posts

Re: Generic types not represented correctly in reverse engineered class /sequence diagrams

‏2014-04-01T17:07:47Z  

Hi,

In this particular case you are not really reverse engineering your class (creating a UML element out of it) but visualizing it.
    I guess the visualized information is not very complete but as you shown in your screenshot, the tooltip allows you to view the complete signature. I would agree with you that it is not the best.

If you were reverse engineer the class using the Java to UML Transformation, you would get an attribute table of  type String Stereotyped as JavaCollection with the properties CollectionType sert to java.util.Hashtable and  KeyType set to String

Regards,
    François