• 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-25T06:02:49Z by umihanihamid
umihanihamid
umihanihamid
5 Posts

Pinned topic Netcool Impact - XML DSA error

‏2013-06-17T06:46:25Z |

Hi all,

Netcool Impact 6.1 is integrating with a Restfull webservices using XML DSA. While running it, Netcool Impact receive below error. Can anyone help?

Caused by: org.apache.muse.ws.addressing.soap.SoapFault: The entity "nbsp" was referenced, but not declared. org.apache.muse.core.AbstractResourceClient.invoke(AbstractResourceClient.java:279) org.apache.muse.core.AbstractResourceClient.invoke(AbstractResourceClient.java:235) org.apache.muse.ws.notification.remote.NotificationProducerClient.subscribe(NotificationProducerClient.java:96) com.micromuse.response.service.listener.WSNListenerService.subscribeToEvents(WSNListenerService.java:244) com.micromuse.response.service.listener.WSNListenerService$WSNListenerServiceRunnable.run(WSNListenerService.java:794) com.micromuse.common.util.concurrent.TrackingExecutor$1.run(TrackingExecutor.java:105) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:897) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:919) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

• SudhakarChellam
    SudhakarChellam
    19 Posts

Re: Netcool Impact - XML DSA error

‏2013-06-17T13:57:40Z  

Hi

Can you please explain your scenario ?

I am curious to understand Why you have to start Webservices Notification Listener.  The WSN listener is for handling the WSN standards. Its not for Webservices and XML DSA.

Please provide additional information to respond to your question.

Thanks and Regrads

Sudhakar

• umihanihamid
    umihanihamid
    5 Posts

‏2013-06-18T05:30:41Z  

Hi

Can you please explain your scenario ?

I am curious to understand Why you have to start Webservices Notification Listener.  The WSN listener is for handling the WSN standards. Its not for Webservices and XML DSA.

Please provide additional information to respond to your question.

Thanks and Regrads

Sudhakar

Hi Sudhakar,

This is a policy created to receive a response for a ticket creation from CRM system (Restfull webservices based)

We need "a service" to control the process when we had a downtime system during maintenance activity in future. 

We are getting this error after configuring XML DSA using policy wizard and run it using Webservices Notification Listener

Regards,

Umi

• SudhakarChellam
    SudhakarChellam
    19 Posts

‏2013-06-18T13:40:41Z  

Hi Sudhakar,

This is a policy created to receive a response for a ticket creation from CRM system (Restfull webservices based)

We need "a service" to control the process when we had a downtime system during maintenance activity in future. 

We are getting this error after configuring XML DSA using policy wizard and run it using Webservices Notification Listener

Regards,

Umi

Hi,

I am sorry I still do not see why you want to use WSN listener ?

WSN is a standards based listener. Unless your server support WSN specifications to send a request it will not work.

It looks like you are sending request to CRM using GetHttp as the restful api and it should respond. You want to process the response from the server.

Can you please explain in detail your steps so that I can advise ...

Thanks and Regards

Sudhakar

• OskarZinger
    OskarZinger
    56 Posts

‏2013-06-18T13:46:37Z  

Hi Sudhakar,

Regards,

Umi

Did you use XML DSA Wizard to create a policy for retrieving XML data via HTTP?

A Policy Activator service in Impact might help you? This service can run periodically based on your defined interval and execute a policy.

• umihanihamid
    umihanihamid
    5 Posts

‏2013-06-19T00:55:07Z  

Did you use XML DSA Wizard to create a policy for retrieving XML data via HTTP?

A Policy Activator service in Impact might help you? This service can run periodically based on your defined interval and execute a policy.

Yes, I'm using XML DSA Wizard to create a policy and try to run it using a policy activator service. However, there is no value return accept ERROR: 'NULL'

• SudhakarChellam
    SudhakarChellam
    19 Posts

‏2013-06-19T01:33:28Z  

Yes, I'm using XML DSA Wizard to create a policy and try to run it using a policy activator service. However, there is no value return accept ERROR: 'NULL'

The information provided is not helping me understand what problem, you are encountering.

If you are using Impact 6.1.1 look inside impactserver.log to see if there is any additional information that might help you. If you are using a previous version of impact look into netcool.log file.

Log the request that you are sending and make sure the request is correct.

Are you using https ? or http ? to access your server ?

Is there any errors on the server side ? that might give you additional information.

Thanks and Regards

Sudhakar

• umihanihamid
    umihanihamid
    5 Posts

‏2013-06-21T07:34:21Z  

The information provided is not helping me understand what problem, you are encountering.

If you are using Impact 6.1.1 look inside impactserver.log to see if there is any additional information that might help you. If you are using a previous version of impact look into netcool.log file.

Log the request that you are sending and make sure the request is correct.

Are you using https ? or http ? to access your server ?

Is there any errors on the server side ? that might give you additional information.

Thanks and Regards

Sudhakar

Hi Sudhakar,

Sorry for a late reply. My mistake of using WSlistener service to execute the policy. I'm using Policy Activator to execute the policy and found ERROR: null from the netcool.log. From the log, it says  that "Could not get datasource name for type: ticket". To resolve the issue, reindex the XmlHttpTypes files to remove any no longer needed entries and make everything sequential. But this needs to be manually done across all cluster members.Thanks for the advise.

Regards,

Umi

• OskarZinger
    OskarZinger
    56 Posts

‏2013-06-21T11:27:10Z  

Hi Sudhakar,

Sorry for a late reply. My mistake of using WSlistener service to execute the policy. I'm using Policy Activator to execute the policy and found ERROR: null from the netcool.log. From the log, it says  that "Could not get datasource name for type: ticket". To resolve the issue, reindex the XmlHttpTypes files to remove any no longer needed entries and make everything sequential. But this needs to be manually done across all cluster members.Thanks for the advise.

Regards,

Umi

Hi Umi,

Glad the problem is resolved with using Policy Activator and re-indexing of XmlHttpTypes files in $IMPACT_HOME/dsa/XmlDsa.

Just wanted to tell you that in Impact 6.1.1, the directories under $IMPACT_HOME/dsa are replicating during start-up of secondary servers (from primary) which includes XML DSA. Also, if you are using XML DSA Wizard it will replicate in the cluster in real-time.

Thanks,

Oskar

• umihanihamid
    umihanihamid
    5 Posts

‏2013-06-25T06:02:49Z  

Hi Umi,

Glad the problem is resolved with using Policy Activator and re-indexing of XmlHttpTypes files in $IMPACT_HOME/dsa/XmlDsa.

Just wanted to tell you that in Impact 6.1.1, the directories under $IMPACT_HOME/dsa are replicating during start-up of secondary servers (from primary) which includes XML DSA. Also, if you are using XML DSA Wizard it will replicate in the cluster in real-time.

Thanks,

Oskar

Hi Oskar,

Noted. Thanks for helping =).

Regards,

Umi