Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2014-01-28T00:24:12Z by DonaldN
JirongHu
JirongHu
89 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic syntax error at (eval 34) line 81, near "))"

‏2014-01-25T19:40:07Z |

When I got this type of validation error, anyone know how do I find this line in the script? How do I interpret the line no, etc? BTW, anyone know how to fix the warning message below. 

Thanks

Jirong

Validating Schema...

EntityDef "DTDeployment": Validation failure from the HookDef language processor:

EntityDef "DTDeployment", HookDef "BF_Deploy", HookDef of type "ENTITY_NAMED_HOOK":

syntax error at (eval 34) line 81, near "))"

EntityDef "DTDeployment": Validation failure from the HookDef language processor:

EntityDef "DTDeployment", ActionDef "Deploy", HookDef of type "ACTION_COMMIT":

syntax error at (eval 47) line 15, near "<>"

syntax error at (eval 47) line 31, next char }

2 error(s) found

Validating Form(s)...

0 error(s) found

Entity "Requirement" Form "Requirement_Properties":A form page contains 2 list views with shared List View IDs. (Each list view must have a unique List View ID.)

List View ID "List2": On tab: 'Re&ferences'  Label: 'Test Plans'  Position: (5, 79)  Width: 295  Height: 48

List View ID "List2": On tab: 'Re&ferences'  Label: 'Configured Test Cases'  Position: (5, 145)  Width: 295  Height: 48

1 warning(s) found

Updated on 2014-01-25T19:40:49Z at 2014-01-25T19:40:49Z by JirongHu
  • DonaldN
    DonaldN
    226 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: syntax error at (eval 34) line 81, near "))"

‏2014-01-28T00:24:12Z  in response to JirongHu

The line number is as is, counted from the first line of the function body (not the codes that you put in). There is a one-line difference when using the Eclipse based Designer and the old/classic Designer, since there is a line "# Start User Code" in the Eclipse based Designer. Sometimes you can just locate the error by looking for the "near" pattern.

To fix the warning, you need to old/classic Designer (cqdesign.exe):

1. Right-click on the affect List View and choose Properties.

2. Click on the Extended tab.

3. Change the List View ID as appropriate.

There seems to be no way to access this ID in the Eclipse based Designer.