Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-06-06T18:36:36Z by pjackson
pjackson
pjackson
6 Posts

Pinned topic Comparing source members

‏2018-06-06T01:06:08Z |

Is there an easy way to compare two source members without having to scroll and select members in the remote systems view? I find it difficult sometimes to select the two members especially if they are in different libraries   when I have to expand and scroll through many members to select them.   

It would be nice if you could right click a member and select Compare with and then enter the member name to compare with directly into a dialog box similar to what you get with Ctrl-Alt-Q.

Using version 9.6.0.3

Thanks for any suggestions.

Paul

Updated on 2018-06-06T01:07:39Z at 2018-06-06T01:07:39Z by pjackson
  • Steve Ferrell
    Steve Ferrell
    3 Posts

Re: Comparing source members

‏2018-06-06T12:27:21Z  

Hi Paul,

The compare to option is on the roadmap for a future release, but until then you can use the Ctrl-Shift-Q (PDM Perspective quick view) to quickly find the members in a simple list, then select the two and select the menu option compare with, each other. If your only know the member name, simply keep the file as * for all. Both of my libraries are in my *LIBL. 

Note: I've changed to use the customized fields to show the library and last modified date.

Hope this helps!

• PauldeV
    PauldeV
    49 Posts

‏2018-06-06T15:58:18Z  

If you use the iSphere plug-in, you can right-click on a member and select the 'iSphere Compare Editor':

This will prompt you to enter the member name you want to compare to:

• pjackson
    pjackson
    6 Posts

‏2018-06-06T18:36:36Z  

Thanks you Steve and Paul for those tips, good information!.