Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-06-17T15:20:45Z by walexand
Rajesh_Rana
Rajesh_Rana
11 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to get File manager install on my machine. Why it didn't come with RDz suite?

‏2013-06-12T03:56:57Z |

File manager is one of the problem determination tool in RDz. This tool is currently unavailable when I checked in RDz installed on my machine. This tool can be useful to do the following in RDz:

1) Generating data records with a template created from a copybook. Similar to startool in ISPF where we can map a copybook with a dataset to add records.

2) Sort feature on records in a data set by giving keys on columns and many other options for sort.

3) Using formatted data editor to edit records in a dataset in efficient way, use of find and replace, reaching at particular record.

4) Even more...

How to get File Manager plugin install on my machine to use above features. Do I need to pay anything to get this plugin?

Updated on 2013-06-12T03:57:25Z at 2013-06-12T03:57:25Z by Rajesh_Rana
  • walexand
    walexand
    133 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to get File manager install on my machine. Why it didn't come with RDz suite?

‏2013-06-17T15:20:45Z  in response to Rajesh_Rana

From the Rational Developer for System z Prerequisites Guide V8.5.1 (SC23-7659-09) ....

File Manager
    The IBM File Manager plug-in for Eclipse is available separately from Rational Developer for System z.

Developer for System z clients rely on the IBM File Manager plug-in for Eclipse to utilize File Manager services. See
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=1083&uid=swg24029358 for instructions about installing the plug-in into Developer for System z and for the latest prerequisites and corequisites for the IBM File Manager server versions.

The IBM File Manager plug-in for Eclipse uses the File Manager Server to access the File Manager services. See the File Manager host documentation for instructions on installing this server. The related product Web site is: http://www-01.ibm.com/software/awdtools/filemanager/