Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-05-16T13:45:49Z by ldubois
pcopley
pcopley
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic System.AccessViolationException in IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries when constructing new iDB2cConnection

‏2013-05-15T14:44:53Z |

Hello,

I am receiving a System.AccessViolationException when attempting to create a new DB2 connection in a .NET project. The strange thing is, iSeries navigator works without issue, and there is another .NET project from another developer that I can run locally without issue. I have gone so far as to create a new project in the same version of VS (2010) on the same framework (3.5) using the same connection string. The only thing in this new project is define the connection string, create the connection, open and close. The exception is thrown on the constructor. I even copied the web.config from the working project to the new project and get the same error.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Let me know if you need more information.

Updated on 2013-05-15T14:45:20Z at 2013-05-15T14:45:20Z by pcopley
  • ldubois
    ldubois
    61 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: System.AccessViolationException in IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries when constructing new iDB2cConnection

‏2013-05-16T13:45:49Z  in response to pcopley

What version and service pack of IBM i Access for Windows are you using? (Control Panel --> IBM i Access for Windows --> General tab)

What does your ConnectionString look like?