Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2017-06-22T09:27:58Z by Owais27
Owais27
Owais27
12 Posts

Pinned topic Can PDF export size be reduced for drawings

‏2017-06-21T17:35:00Z | drawings export graphics pdf

Hi we currently are at TRIRIGA version 10.5.1/3.5.1.1, and one of the user requests is to try and reduce the PDF export size for a drawing from the graphics tab.

Of course one of the ways is to probably hide a few of the layers before exporting. Apart, from this is there any other way to compress the info being exported from the graphics tab.

• MartinBurch
    MartinBurch
    75 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Can PDF export size be reduced for drawings

‏2017-06-21T18:00:52Z  

What would be the purpose of reducing the file size?

If you were expecting the export to run faster, that would not be possible except by turning off layers.  TRIRIGA will process all the displayed graphic entities when generating the pdf.

If you want a smaller file size to make storage and transfer easy, then you can try using any third party tool on the pdf file export after the fact; note that I have no idea how compressible the graphic export is right now.

• MartinBurch
    MartinBurch
    75 Posts

‏2017-06-21T18:00:52Z  

If you were expecting the export to run faster, that would not be possible except by turning off layers.  TRIRIGA will process all the displayed graphic entities when generating the pdf.

If you want a smaller file size to make storage and transfer easy, then you can try using any third party tool on the pdf file export after the fact; note that I have no idea how compressible the graphic export is right now.

• Owais27
    Owais27
    12 Posts

‏2017-06-22T09:27:58Z  

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the response. The purpose was just to make storage and transfer easy. I think we can go with what is available. 

Just wanted to check options if any available.